Today is zero barrier

Exactly what benefit would there have been to let him go any sooner? Like @TheOriginalCane said, the team still plays hard for him. This gives him an opportunity to find a decent landing spot without the stigma of being a coach fired mid season. For everything else, it makes no difference at all.
Who really gives a **** about a firing stigma attached to a coach? I’m sure Mullen and orgeron and their feelings will be just fine in the long run. If he’s good enough to coach somewhere else, he’ll get a job.

Advertisement
I would think that They knew Blake was gonna be canned weeks before he actually was so the AD search through back channels to guage interest should have started then.

Same goes for Manny.Once Blake was gone it was inevitable that he was gone so Mario’s interest through his agent should have been gauged a month ago and if he had said he was interested you work on particulates that he wants or if he said no you move on to your next choice but this should of already be done and we should be down to the point where we know who will be both the AD and new coach and the only thing left should be signing contracts and announcing names…..that how it’s done by the REAL football schools.

I’m hoping this is where we are at in the searches for both but this is Miami where total fck ups when it comes to athletics is normal..

This very specific situation wasn’t the point. The point was big time time schools don’t base their process entirely on money, which we always use as an excuse. Couple things to consider:
-it hasn’t been substantiated that his buyout does go down on Wednesday
-we haven’t paid buyouts in the past anyway
-we could/should negotiate it down like lsu and other schools do.
- I’ve been told it’s been done for over a month. If he was told he’s done already, he would probably be legally entitled to the buyout when he was told. This waiting is just a penny pinching ploy that will likely be challenged in court anyway, if he does get fired and his buyout does indeed go down between when he was supposedly told and the “actual” firing
Too much speculation in here. All I know is that if it is true that the buyout goes down on Wednesday then I don’t blame them. We’ll see soon enough.

The problem is James waited until after the bowl game, way too late again, to have the conversation with richt on getting rid of his son and hiring an oc. Another example of an obvious problem being dealt with too late which caused us to be reactive instead of proactive. And was it really so impractical to think richt would refuse to fire his son or hire a new oc, when he had been running his offense for 20 years?

Not gonna go down the rabbit home on this one. You have decided that the annual post-season discussion with the HC is "way too late" to have a conversation about OC. This is so simple, and you are overly complicating things, when you refuse to acknowledge that Richt USUALLY employed an OC (who was not named Richt) throughout his HC career. Look, the problem that Beta Blake had with Richt was not the TIMING of when he had a discussion, it was simply the assumption that Richt could/would objectively agree that changes needed to take place. ****, 12 months earlier we were in our first (and only) ACC-CG. Let's not pretend Richt was on the hot-seat.

And Richt basically agreed to make changes, then he changed his mind over the weekend. But that could have been ANY weekend, the timing was not the problem.

Advertisement
Who really gives a **** about a firing stigma attached to a coach? I’m sure Mullen and orgeron and their feelings will be just fine in the long run. If he’s good enough to coach somewhere else, he’ll get a job.
Why sht on someone unnecessarily?

TOS just made it sound like Diaz will be returning. Insanity. So this recruiting class will suck and our next recruiting class will suck. 2 **** classes in a row is gonna set us the **** back. Typical nutless UM.

Question for all:

If this new "committment to winning" entails some supposed rock star OC and DC, BUT Manuela stays as HC, can our fanbase live with that?

🤔🤔🤔
I don’t care whether he stays or goes, but we can be set back by the wrong hire. Plus it’s more important we invest in the program than a coaching hire
This is the one scenario where I could possibly see Manny staying. If you cannot get the right candidate, then you don’t want to restart the tenure clock with the next “Manny Diaz” when this version can be fired anytime that is convenient for the school.

No part of this post should be interpreted as advocating for him to stay.
thank you. Exactly what I’m saying

Plus it’s way more important we invest in the program like the big boys or it won’t matter who we hire. They will ALWAYS be the next Manny, golden, insert failed coach name here.

I don’t care whether he stays or goes. I’m just of the opinion that we can do more harm in getting it wrong than staying stat quo. Just my opinion

thank you. Exactly what I’m saying

Plus it’s way more important we invest in the program like the big boys or it won’t matter who we hire. They will ALWAYS be the next Manny, golden, insert failed coach name here.
👆Word to wise... don't take a bet with this man on Zion... 😭😭😭😭

**** you!!!

Advertisement
Good news ,If there is any,That if Manny is retained he will have to go get 15 players out of the portal to fill this class.

The one thing he has actually done well..

Not gonna go down the rabbit home on this one. You have decided that the annual post-season discussion with the HC is "way too late" to have a conversation about OC. This is so simple, and you are overly complicating things, when you refuse to acknowledge that Richt USUALLY employed an OC (who was not named Richt) throughout his HC career. Look, the problem that Beta Blake had with Richt was not the TIMING of when he had a discussion, it was simply the assumption that Richt could/would objectively agree that changes needed to take place. ****, 12 months earlier we were in our first (and only) ACC-CG. Let's not pretend Richt was on the hot-seat.

And Richt basically agreed to make changes, then he changed his mind over the weekend. But that could have been ANY weekend, the timing was not the problem.

Richt may or may not have been on the hot seat, but the Richt's last season was very similar to this one.

Besides the similar record, you had a coach that was stubbornly married to His skeem, you had a coach that had an unqualified position coach (see Richt Jr. & Patke), & the 19' recruiting class was very similar to this one.

Why should the AD have to clean up a mess that isn’t his? Blake got fired because of Manny. Clean up the previous mess and let the new AD hire his own guy.

The job is a lot more appealing without existing problems that he has to deal with immediately.
No one said it's the AD's mess, but you hire him to clean it up because the AD is the guy with the requisite knowledge on running an athletic department. It's his job to know what the athletic department needs, not the president or the BOT. Maybe the AD meets with Manny and realizes the problem is that Manny didn't have the resources he needed. I doubt it, but you don't know.

So UF hired their coach faster than God created the earth. In 6 days they hired a standout coach and we are in day 14 of hiring an AD! Will it take a month to hire a coach! The U can’t wait as they will lose recruits and that’s unacceptable!

The U needs better!

Advertisement
I’m not saying we should fire him and waste the 2 million, I believe waiting a few days to save 2 million is smart. My point is: Bama, UGA, USC, LSU wouldn’t wait the extra days to fire a coach who’s responsible for the worse losses in program history. They could and can afford to say f—k the money
That horse left the barn a very long time ago & the institutional incompetence is too well documented at this stage to pretend we’re someone else. AD was terminated and strong financial promises have been made for athletics, which is an incredibly big deal for Miami and Frenk’s Presidency; no need to exacerbate the damages by taking an irresponsible and undisciplined financial hit to front like Bama, UGA, USC & LSU. Making irresponsible decisions doesn’t make us those schools.

TOS just made it sound like Diaz will be returning. Insanity. So this recruiting class will suck and our next recruiting class will suck. 2 **** classes in a row is gonna set us the **** back. Typical nutless UM.
Diaz isn’t coming back

When you fire an AD who is directly responsible for hiring the coach, then the coach is fried

Diaz isn’t coming back

When you fire an AD who is directly responsible for hiring the coach, then the coach is fried
Then why isn't he fired right now?

I hope you're right. Delaying the inevitable makes no sense. Waiting for an AD to fire Manny makes no sense.

Why are they waiting? My opinion is that (1) the buyout really does go down on Dec. 1st or (2) they don't have all the necessary money or political support to make the move. I'd imagine it's the latter.

Advertisement
Then why isn't he fired right now?

I hope you're right. Delaying the inevitable makes no sense. Waiting for an AD to fire Manny makes no sense.

Why are they waiting? My opinion is that (1) the buyout really does go down on Dec. 1st or (2) they don't have all the necessary money or political support to make the move. I'd imagine it's the latter.
I don’t have the answers my man

I know we have a tendency (justifiably) to think the worst when it comes to this, but Diaz didn’t save his job these last few weeks, especially with the FSU disaster

Advertisement
Back