Today is the Day?

Unfortunately, I agree. Those comments Barry Jackson reported the other day were the end of it for me, as far as Blake goes. The guy is clearly not holding the program to the standard and appears completely impotent of doing so even if he wanted to.

We may just need to accept that we are trapped with the current BOT into a Dan Snyder, Jimmy Haslam, etc situation where an ineffective ownership/management group just means that the program can't or won't be successful, period. I'm still holding out hope, though. I do think that hiring Richt and ponying up for facilities and coaches was a step in the right direction, and to a certain extent, while it wouldn't be my move, I get them "playing this out" and giving Richt some time to either get things back in the right direction or dig his own grave. Personally, I just think the program is actually in a good spot right now (as far as talent and foundation for building a championship team) if we had the right coaches, but it's only going to get worse with time.
Miami was drowning and just about to shut down the football program and hired Howard in 1979 and Alabama had suffered
years of a mediocre program with mediocre coaches in the late 90s and early 2000s when they got the right man as AD. Mal Moore designed a plan to restore Bama football and his plan called for hiring Nick Saban and he got his man.

Miami needs this to happen and it has to start with the right man with balls and a vision of winning another NC to get the
right coach like Howard and Saban to build a championship team.

Advertisement
BJ will ask Mark about hiring an OC, Mark will blankly stare at him like "hire a what?", as BJ sits there with that dumb grin on face, he'll continue trying to passively ask him about it while nervously laughing...

Followed by 30secs of uncomfortable silence, then Mark will tell him to wrap this up because he's busy preparing for the Pinstripe Bowl & BJ will sheepishly laugh saying "of course Coach, my apologies for bothering you", with some more nervous laughter then an awkward exit out of Mark's office.

I believe this to be true.

Narrator: Today was indeed not the day.

This thing will be the last fake hope for adding a real coach to the staff.....if he doesn't promote from within first.

20181217_193532.jpg

Advertisement
Richt's argument for not hiring an OC:

QB Perry / Williams / Weldon
RB Homer / Davis
RB Dallas / Lingard
FB George / Burns
WR Harley / Pope / Ezzard
WR Hightower / Njoku
WR Wiggins / Payton
TE Jordan / Mallory
LT Campbell / Herbert
LG Reed / Dykstra
C Gaynor / Clark
RG Donaldson / Hillery
RT Scaife / Nelson

"There is talent in place but it's young and unproven. I can make this work, Blake. Trust me. I got dis." -- M. Richt 12/17/18

1545093578061.jpeg

Breaking news: someone broke into cmrs office super glued playbook.cmr has coloring paper a nd crayons out trying to draw 5 plays from the ice age meltdown era.

Advertisement
Miami was drowning and just about to shut down the football program and hired Howard in 1979 and Alabama had suffered
years of a mediocre program with mediocre coaches in the late 90s and early 2000s when they got the right man as AD. Mal Moore designed a plan to restore Bama football and his plan called for hiring Nick Saban and he got his man.

Miami needs this to happen and it has to start with the right man with balls and a vision of winning another NC to get the
right coach like Howard and Saban to build a championship team.

This. But I would add that Bama and UM are from two different trains of thought and have evolved into two different philosophies. Bama is an old-school, southern good-ol-boy program with a tradition of winning, and at all costs -- to this day. Mediocrity has a short longevity in Tuscaloosa. UM, aka "Stanford of the East", whilst also an old-school program with a tradition of domination, has evolved into a progressive, liberal hall of academia with more emphasis on advancement in the arts and sciences than in securing, and maintaining a winning tradition in athletics. You can probably thank Troll-lala for this, or at least spear-heading the movement. The repulsive **** successfully bred a generation of geldings. We can play musical chairs all we want with the HCs, but I truly feel we won't see the change we want until it starts at a much higher level. Get an old-school, fxck-off mentality in the AD spot, and that attitude is going to bleed downhill -- to the type of staff we hire -- and to the type of players we recruit.

This. But I would add that Bama and UM are from two different trains of thought and have evolved into two different philosophies. Bama is an old-school, southern good-ol-boy program with a tradition of winning, and at all costs -- to this day. Mediocrity has a short longevity in Tuscaloosa. UM, aka "Stanford of the East", whilst also an old-school program with a tradition of domination, has evolved into a progressive, liberal hall of academia with more emphasis on advancement in the arts and sciences than in securing, and maintaining a winning tradition in athletics. You can probably thank Troll-lala for this, or at least spear-heading the movement. The repulsive **** successfully bred a generation of geldings. We can play musical chairs all we want with the HCs, but I truly feel we won't see the change we want until it starts at a much higher level. Get an old-school, fxck-off mentality in the AD spot, and that attitude is going to bleed downhill -- to the type of staff we hire -- and to the type of players we recruit.

You are so right my friend.

This is spot on. Meanwhile we have Blake as an AD and he does not have a spine in his body. Don't get it twisted. Mark Richt is Blake James boss and that's why we have a current culture of losing. Richt is who he has always been, even when he was at Georgia. Their AD finally said, "**** It, if I don't fire you, they're going to fire me, so hit the road Richt". Blake is a ***** and hopefully we can get him out, because he is the overall problem. Richt just is who he is and will be that wherever he goes. We are flipping recruits from Appalachian State and Cincinnati and looking just like the Al Golden years while 5 star kids that live within a 30 mile radius of the school are leaving. That's why I'll be $2000 dollars richer next year because I refuse to pay for this **** show. I'll buy a $6 ticket on Stubhub if I desire to go to a game because I enjoy the tailgate and hope we can beat teams like Duke.

Richt is going to talk his way out of having to hire an OC or making any staff changes he doesn't want to make. Whats BJ gonna do if Richt looks him in the eye and says "I dare you to fire me over it"? Pay Richt's buyout over staff changes? Richt knows he has BJ by the ******.

I firmly believe Richt will convince BJ to give him another year without making changes under the condition that he'll actually consider it next year (when Bobo's buyout is lower and he becomes available of course).

That last coaching spot is going to a ST coach or safety coach if Banda gives it up. And if Banda does stop coaching safeties let me be the first to congratulate DVD on his in house promotion. I'll feel bad for DVD if this happens because everyone will be ****ED that he got hired over of an OC. But I'd prepare myself for it if I were you.
You hit the nail on the head. He will say its poor execution which is why the offense hasn't worked etc. He will not hire an OC i am convinced of that. I also believe that come to Jesus meeting should have happened the day after the Pitt game not on 12/18.

Advertisement
****, I personally would rather they FIRE Searells. If our OL was somewhere near decent many of these plays would work. If they could pass protect and open holes for RBs some of these plays would work. Searells needs to go and NOW. He is the biggest issue on the staff. I watch plenty of football. A lot of the stuff we run is the same stuff being ran by big time programs. We need a legit OL coach who can develop and recruit. Granted we need to run more motion. Granted we need to throw more short passes and crossers, and far less 9 routes. But for me personally, we'd be better served to get a competent OL coach than an OC.

Advertisement
Laugh my *** off (but bless your hearts, I love y'all) at anyone still waiting for Richt/James to do something great and make a bold, positive move. Y'all sitting there all anticipatory and eager like this:
tumblr_n1q0cfykho1tqn2q2o1_400.gif

When everyone knows this whole offseason is gonna unfold WAY more like this:
giphy.gif

rWnK4oS.gif

Bump for no offensive hire "news".

****, I personally would rather they FIRE Searells. If our OL was somewhere near decent many of these plays would work. If they could pass protect and open holes for RBs some of these plays would work. Searells needs to go and NOW. He is the biggest issue on the staff. I watch plenty of football. A lot of the stuff we run is the same stuff being ran by big time programs. We need a legit OL coach who can develop and recruit. Granted we need to run more motion. Granted we need to throw more short passes and crossers, and far less 9 routes. But for me personally, we'd be better served to get a competent OL coach than an OC.

Well, none of it's happening, so grab a blanket, a box of tissues, and a big glass of wine, because this is going to be a looooonnggg winter.

Dead period starts today right? Blake said that he is going to have his talk with Richt after the start of the dead period.
I'm still holding out hope that Richt, if for no other reason than loyalty to his assistants, will try to save a lot of their jobs by hiring a legit OC.

If by the end of the week we are not hearing about an OC search, there will be no hope left for this program until Richt is gone. And sadly, i think he cant be fired after 2019 as we just gave him an extension.

Blake better make this happen or it will be 2014 and 2015 all over again.

HE'S NOT HIRING AN OC. HE DOESN'T THINK HE NEEDS ONE BECAUSE HE DOESN'T THINK PLAYCALLING IS THE ISSUE.

HE'S NOT GONNA DO IT.

HE'S NOT GONNA DO IT.

HE'S NOT GONNA DO IT.

HE'S NOT GONNA DO IT.

Advertisement
Back