Today is the Day?

Advertisement
Laugh my *** off (but bless your hearts, I love y'all) at anyone still waiting for Richt/James to do something great and make a bold, positive move. Y'all sitting there all anticipatory and eager like this:
tumblr_n1q0cfykho1tqn2q2o1_400.gif

When everyone knows this whole offseason is gonna unfold WAY more like this:
giphy.gif

rWnK4oS.gif

I'm gonna keep hoping until this week is over. it makes sense that if there will be an OC search, it would start this week. If it doesn't happen, beginning with next week, we can all wallow in our despair for the next couple years.

Advertisement
I'm gonna keep hoping until this week is over. it makes sense that if there will be an OC search, it would start this week. If it doesn't happen, beginning with next week, we can all wallow in our despair for the next couple years.

Most realistic, but if we choke next year he is done

Mark is exhausted after that worldwide extensive DC hunt: OC will have to wait until summer.

Advertisement
If by the end of the week we are not hearing about an OC search, there will be no hope left for this program until Richt is gone. And sadly, i think he cant be fired after 2019 as we just gave him an extension.

Getting an extension doesn't mean Richt can't be fired. He can be fired at any time but it would cost Miami whatever Benjamins were in his contract as the terms of Miami terminating it early.

Vegas is giving better odds on Rosie O'Donnell being crowned Miss Universe than that ***** Blake James firing Mork.

Last edited:
Richt's argument for not hiring an OC:

QB Perry / Williams / Weldon
RB Homer / Davis
RB Dallas / Lingard
FB George / Burns
WR Harley / Pope / Ezzard
WR Hightower / Njoku
WR Wiggins / Payton
TE Jordan / Mallory
LT Campbell / Herbert
LG Reed / Dykstra
C Gaynor / Clark
RG Donaldson / Hillery
RT Scaife / Nelson

"There is talent in place but it's young and unproven. I can make this work, Blake. Trust me. I got dis." -- M. Richt 12/17/18

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
BJ will ask Mark about hiring an OC, Mark will blankly stare at him like "hire a what?", as BJ sits there with that dumb grin on face, he'll continue trying to passively ask him about it while nervously laughing...

Followed by 30secs of uncomfortable silence, then Mark will tell him to wrap this up because he's busy preparing for the Pinstripe Bowl & BJ will sheepishly laugh saying "of course Coach, my apologies for bothering you", with some more nervous laughter then an awkward exit out of Mark's office.

Getting an extension doesn't mean Richt can't be fired. He can be fired at any time but it would cost Miami whatever Benjamins were in his contract as the terms of Miami terminating it early.

And as we learned with Golden, it is likely that everyone is vastly overestimating what Richt's actual buyout is. Granted, Richt is being paid more and is of higher stature than Golden, but people act like his buyout is the full remaining value of his contract. That is extremely unlikely to be the case and, if it is, is all the more reason Blake should gone.
screenshot-5.jpg

And as we learned with Golden, it is likely that everyone is vastly overestimating what Richt's actual buyout is. Granted, Richt is being paid more and is of higher stature than Golden, but people act like his buyout is the full remaining value of his contract. That is extremely unlikely to be the case and, if it is, is all the more reason Blake should gone.

**** right ! Blake has got to go !

**** right ! Blake has got to go !

Unfortunately, I agree. Those comments Barry Jackson reported the other day were the end of it for me, as far as Blake goes. The guy is clearly not holding the program to the standard and appears completely impotent of doing so even if he wanted to.

We may just need to accept that we are trapped with the current BOT into a Dan Snyder, Jimmy Haslam, etc situation where an ineffective ownership/management group just means that the program can't or won't be successful, period. I'm still holding out hope, though. I do think that hiring Richt and ponying up for facilities and coaches was a step in the right direction, and to a certain extent, while it wouldn't be my move, I get them "playing this out" and giving Richt some time to either get things back in the right direction or dig his own grave. Personally, I just think the program is actually in a good spot right now (as far as talent and foundation for building a championship team) if we had the right coaches, but it's only going to get worse with time.

Advertisement
Back