To the *People who voted to knockdown the Orange Bowl

Hardrock will end up louder than the OB cause of the roof, but nobody celebrated when it came down.

Advertisement
I loved the OB as much if not more than the next guy but I spent ALOT of games in the old girl where I could have fired a shotgun and not hit anyone.

The Old Girl was great but those players that were running through that place when she became so loved had ALOT to do with the mystique of the place...

we start putting the types of teams that played there on the field at the new girls place and I have a feeling she will start to gain a mystique about her too and we all will come to have great feelings about her.

Some people get confused with age. They seem to mix-up the fact that the OB was like no other place WHEN it was rockin' with some sunshine and roses mistaken belief that it was ALWAYS rockin'. These are either people that only came here for the biggest of games back then, are suffering from dementia or are just trolls trying to find something to complain about now.

Anyone with any knowledge of Miami knows that the city has always been notorious for crapping on history for the sake of money aka kickbacks.
The OB was ripe for the picking...(see what I did there).

I'm a third generation Miamian and there's virtually nothing left in the city from my childhood.

I loved the OB as much if not more than the next guy but I spent ALOT of games in the old girl where I could have fired a shotgun and not hit anyone.

The Old Girl was great but those players that were running through that place when she became so loved had ALOT to do with the mystique of the place...

we start putting the types of teams that played there on the field at the new girls place and I have a feeling she will start to gain a mystique about her too and we all will come to have great feelings about her.

Some people get confused with age. They seem to mix-up the fact that the OB was like no other place WHEN it was rockin' with some sunshine and roses mistaken belief that it was ALWAYS rockin'. These are either people that only came here for the biggest of games back then, are suffering from dementia now or are just trolls trying to find something to complain about now.

or they are younger and only became Cane fans when in the 80's.....They forget that they were thinking of disbanding the football program or dropping down to div II back then.

Thank goodness for us that Howard happened.If not for him we all might be cheering for another team.

Rok, you created a monster. CIS has completely devolved into a bad troll schtick with a bunch of guys flailing and failing badly trying to be Rok Jr.

I gotta remind you sat pretenders: There’s only one Rok. The rest of you are feeble knockoffs.

Advertisement
Donna Shalala and the BOT moved us to HR for some extra revenue $$$. If memory serves me correctly, they turned down a deal with the city that would've seen a $200 million renovation to the OB. That wretched troll ruined everything great about Miami football, never forget.

You're mistaken, first off, the city never would have proposed a "deal" to Miami we were a tenant with zero power. Bottom line is the city wanted the land to build for the marlins, and there was no way in **** they would have invested 200mil in a stadium for a tenant that uses it six times a year.

Quit acting like you know the local politics. This is a forum where we pound our chests and call women cvnts.

Anyone with any knowledge of Miami knows that the city has always been notorious for crapping on history for the sake of money aka kickbacks.
The OB was ripe for the picking...(see what I did there).

I'm a third generation Miamian and there's virtually nothing left in the city from my childhood.

It was obvious from your previous post you are a native and understand how the politics of the city have screwed us over for years. The fans don't really seem to get it, and neither does the media. Just a situation where we gotta do the best with what we got, so we need to fill up HRS and make it a new place that visitors don't like playing in.

Hardrock will end up louder than the OB cause of the roof, but nobody celebrated when it came down.

Tall task. I've never been to a louder stadium than the OB. I'll be at the ND game, and if it's not louder at that game then I don't know when it will.

Also, contrary to popular belief, the OB had regular urinals in the lower endzone restrooms. They only had troughs in a couple of upstairs restrooms. You know, the restrooms with the pipes that ran overhead and dripped "water" on the people sitting under the overhang?

Advertisement
When she was rocking, she was ROCKING.

We couldve shared the stadium with the Marlins, but the powers that be said Sun Life.

As stated above, no one was thrilled when they tore the OB down.

I'll love the OB until the day I die BUT....

I'd love people like the OP that practice some severe revisionist history to explain how we lost to Georgia Tech on November 19, 2005......with 20000 empty seats.....for an effing night game......when we were ranked #3 in the effing country.....if the OB provided such a constant homefield advantage sufficient enough to allow us to win out this year?

my family didn't have the money to go to games as a kid, that's the only game I ever saw at the OB. A **** shame.

There isn't much I wouldn't do to have that stadium back. I still root like crazy for the Marlins to fail miserably and sometime in the future move the franchise to another city. The greatest thing about that scenario would be it would leave the city of Miami with their ****s in their hands and staring at a relatively new stadium with NO ONE TO PLAY IN IT.

Would serve them right.

Tall task. I've never been to a louder stadium than the OB. I'll be at the ND game, and if it's not louder at that game then I don't know when it will.

I'll probably lose my voice there. Oh, well. Sometimes you got to sacrifice. Ive been on the road for ten weeks now, and the thing that keeps me going is the thought of being in the WEZ and seeing some catholic *** whipping.

Advertisement

I'll probably lose my voice there. Oh, well. Sometimes you got to sacrifice. Ive been on the road for ten weeks now, and the thing that keeps me going is the thought of being in the WEZ and seeing some catholic *** whipping.

I lose my voice at every game I go to. I'm ready to see that stadium shake the way the OB used to.

Donna Shalala and the BOT moved us to HR for some extra revenue $$$. If memory serves me correctly, they turned down a deal with the city that would've seen a $200 million renovation to the OB. That wretched troll ruined everything great about Miami football, never forget.

Your post might be the dumbest one I have ever read on this subject.

There was a PUBLIC VOTE in 2004, where Miami-Dade voters approved over $100 million in bonds under the Building Better Communities bond package. The City of Miami then entered into a SIGNED CONTRACT with Hammes, the same company that renovated Lambeau Field, to do the same type of work to the Orange Bowl. The Latin Builders Association then protested to the City of Miami, claiming that they would be shut out of the subcontracting work on the Orange Bowl, since Hammes was not a "local" company. The City of Miami then REPUDIATED the signed contract and paid millions in damages, claiming that they were "unaware" that the entity that would be doing the work was a newly-created Florida LLC owned by Hammes, instead of the parent corporation of Hammes, even though the creation of a locally-incorporated entity is very common in these types of construction projects by national companies.

The University of Miami and President Donna Shalala NEVER EVER "turned down" a renovation project on the Orange Bowl, which we wouldn't even have the power to do anyhow, as the OB was owned by the City of Miami.

In fact, it was the scumbag owner of the Marlins who was busy making back-channel offers to the City of Miami so that the MARLINS could get the OB land to build their own stadium. Which, of course, is EXACTLY what happened.

Stop telling lies about what happened to the Orange Bowl. What transpired was ONE HUNDRED PERCENT the fault of the City of Miami, the Florida Marlins, and the Latin Builders Association.

Rok, you created a monster. CIS has completely devolved into a bad troll schtick with a bunch of guys flailing and failing badly trying to be Rok Jr.

I gotta remind you sat pretenders: There’s only one Rok. The rest of you are feeble knockoffs.
Amen. I'm a relatively new member of this site. It did not take me long to realize that a majority of comments here are worthless and have little merit. I continue to review messages and once in a while post. This place should be only considered a place to once in a while read something interesting but
be amused at the stupidity of some posters that know very little about football.

Advertisement
That stadium was a POS and outdated it had to go.. maybe could have restructured it.. but the condition it was in was no good.. rebuilding it would have been dope because i loved the U design for obvious reasons and the downtown 305 vibe but it couldn't stay how it was

and behind the scenes there were always people threatening legal action and/or getting settlement payouts for chunks of concrete falling on them.

I saw one vs. San Diego State (pretty sure). Lady was almost killed when a 30-40lb chunk fell on her.

What stadium the game is played in won't mean a **** thing come VT and ND games, and wouldn't have made a **** difference.

Advertisement
Back