To the *People who voted to knockdown the Orange Bowl

SaltyCraker

Redshirt Freshman
and the ignorant ones happy to see the old girl go....

you know the ones,.. with that Goldilocks syndrome ..

"this stadium is too old'...

"this stadium raddles and shakes"

"this stadium has no private urinals" "

Are you seriously fooking Happy now with your clean facilities???? was that a fair exchange for an undefeated season?

Because I MutherFookin Guarantee all of you that if

*Vatech

and

*Notre Dame

were about to step foot in the Orange Bowl this year to play this CANES team,, THERE IS NO WAY IN **** THEY WOULD WIN

And don't get me wrong, ...im not dissing on Hard Rock, because shes a beautiful stadium that is growing on me and we will win there

but if our remaining home games were in the OB this yr, we go undefeated and there is not a sliver of doubt by anyone.

In the O.B we all knew we would win and these VaTech and Irish teams would know in the back of their heads they were going to lose

miami-aerial-of-orange-bowl-stadium-scott-b-smith-photography.jpg

Advertisement
Never heard one single person make the arguments the OP is stating.. we all LOVED THE OB

That stadium was a POS and outdated it had to go.. maybe could have restructured it.. but the condition it was in was no good.. rebuilding it would have been dope because i loved the U design for obvious reasons and the downtown 305 vibe but it couldn't stay how it was

That stadium was a POS and outdated it had to go.. maybe could have restructured it.. but the condition it was in was no good.. rebuilding it would have been dope because i loved the U design for obvious reasons and the downtown 305 vibe but it couldn't stay how it was

and behind the scenes there were always people threatening legal action and/or getting settlement payouts for chunks of concrete falling on them.

Advertisement
Totally agree about the OB, but we cant keep focusing and lingering on that. This is what it is now. It's on the current Canes to recreate the aura and mystique. The only way to do that is to keep winning at HR. Beat these teams with a raucous environment and the word will spread HR aint a place you wanna go to.

I'll love the OB until the day I die BUT....

I'd love people like the OP that practice some severe revisionist history to explain how we lost to Georgia Tech on November 19, 2005......with 20000 empty seats.....for an effing night game......when we were ranked #3 in the effing country.....if the OB provided such a constant homefield advantage sufficient enough to allow us to win out this year?

I loved the OB too, but where was she during Miami's final game vs UVA?

Newsflash it wasn't the stadium.

Totally agree about the OB, but we cant keep focusing and lingering on that. This is what it is now. It's on the current Canes to recreate the aura and mystique. The only way to do that is to keep winning at HR. Beat these teams with a raucous environment and the word will spread HR aint a place you wanna go to.

Yep, I can virtually assure you that HR will be **** close to the OB for VT and god help ND if we're undefeated on Nov. 11th.

Advertisement
Donna Shalala and the BOT moved us to HR for some extra revenue $$$. If memory serves me correctly, they turned down a deal with the city that would've seen a $200 million renovation to the OB. That wretched troll ruined everything great about Miami football, never forget.

once Jeter moves the Marlins to Vegas, we can retrofit the stadium

Donna Shalala and the BOT moved us to HR for some extra revenue $$$. If memory serves me correctly, they turned down a deal with the city that would've seen a $200 million renovation to the OB. That wretched troll ruined everything great about Miami football, never forget.

Woman was a vile cvnt of the highest order.

Advertisement

You're mistaken, first off, the city never would have proposed a "deal" to Miami we were a tenant with zero power. Bottom line is the city wanted the land to build for the marlins, and there was no way in **** they would have invested 200mil in a stadium for a tenant that uses it six times a year.

She actually expressed concern for the Miami-Dade taxpayer when she came out against that plan! Pure comedy. I'll always believe she had some backroom deal with the Marleens and David Samson/Jeffy Loria but it's irrelevant now......cause the roof at Hard Kok will provide us one of the best homefield advantages in all of football if we just fill it.

You're mistaken, first off, the city never would have proposed a "deal" to Miami we were a tenant with zero power. Bottom line is the city wanted the land to build for the marlins, and there was no way in **** they would have invested 200mil in a stadium for a tenant that uses it six times a year.

Cant wait until Jeter moves the team out of the city. Most useless franchise in all pro sports.

Advertisement
I don’t get some of y’all, we are currently 6-0 most likely about to be 7-0 and y’all are in here complainin about the OB which has been gone for almost a decade? Some of y’all just need to stop livin in the past and enjoy the moment.

I loved the OB as much if not more than the next guy but I spent ALOT of games in the old girl where I could have fired a shotgun and not hit anyone.

The Old Girl was great but those players that were running through that place when she became so loved had ALOT to do with the mystique of the place...

we start putting the types of teams that played there on the field at the new girls place and I have a feeling she will start to gain a mystique about her too and we all will come to have great feelings about her.

Don't you know? Miami never lost a game ever in the Orange Bowl and it was always sold out and it's somehow the University's fault that the city allowed it to decay so bad that it wasn't safe anymore.

And Miami's last game there wasn't a 48-0 loss with 40,000 people in the stands either.

Don't you know? Miami never lost a game ever in the Orange Bowl and it was always sold out and it's somehow the University's fault that the city allowed it to decay so bad that it wasn't safe anymore.

And Miami's last game there wasn't a 48-0 loss with 40,000 people in the stands either.

people would have you believe those things but I know for certain otherwise.

Advertisement
Back