To the *People who voted to knockdown the Orange Bowl

I'll love the OB until the day I die BUT....

I'd love people like the OP that practice some severe revisionist history to explain how we lost to Georgia Tech on November 19, 2005......with 20000 empty seats.....for an effing night game......when we were ranked #3 in the effing country.....if the OB provided such a constant homefield advantage sufficient enough to allow us to win out this year?

first off Miami is always going to struggle to put people in the seats no matter the stadium that's a fact

2nd, ya well we lost to a GaTech 2005..(a team with perhaps the greatest WR to ever play organized football in Calvin Johnson)

So that somehow means the Orange Bowl that had arguably the Greatest Home Field Advantage in NCAA history

was just another stadium??

trolling idiot

Advertisement
Take this to the bank - Jeter is a smart businessman and is going to move the Marlins out of Miami in a few years (my guess is around 2020) . Once that happens, the county commissioners will panic as they will have a stadium that cost hundreds of millions of dollars with no tenant. Voters will be livid. Commissioners will then offer the Canes and Beckham's MLS franchise a sweetheart deal to move there and retrofit the stadium (Beckham's current stadium plan for a facility with no parking, and located in Overtown is quite possibly the worst business idea I've ever seen). Canes will have the opportunity to have a shared stadium with soccer, basically where the old Orange Bowl used to be. In a way we have to thank Jeffrey Loria, because we are finally going to get what we've wanted all along, a modern stadium that the school didn't have to pay for, right in the heart of Miami.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Take this to the bank - Jeter is a smart businessman and is going to move the Marlins out of Miami in a few years (my guess is around 2020) . Once that happens, the county commissioners will panic as they will have a stadium that cost hundreds of millions of dollars with no tenant. Voters will be livid. Commissioners will then offer the Canes and Beckham's MLS franchise a sweetheart deal to move there and retrofit the stadium (Beckham's current stadium plan for a facility with no parking, and located in Overtown is quite possibly the worst business idea I've ever seen). Canes will have the opportunity to have a shared stadium with soccer, basically where the old Orange Bowl used to be. In a way we have to thank Jeffrey Loria, because we are finally going to get what we've wanted all along, a modern stadium that the school didn't have to pay for, right in the heart of Miami.

from your fingers to God's and Jeter's ears even though some think he's one in the same..

Take this to the bank - Jeter is a smart businessman and is going to move the Marlins out of Miami in a few years (my guess is around 2020) . Once that happens, the county commissioners will panic as they will have a stadium that cost hundreds of millions of dollars with no tenant. Voters will be livid. Commissioners will then offer the Canes and Beckham's MLS franchise a sweetheart deal to move there and retrofit the stadium (Beckham's current stadium plan for a facility with no parking, and located in Overtown is quite possibly the worst business idea I've ever seen). Canes will have the opportunity to have a shared stadium with soccer, basically where the old Orange Bowl used to be. In a way we have to thank Jeffrey Loria, because we are going to get what we've wanted all along, a modern stadium that the school didn't have to pay for, right in the heart of Miami.

How is moving into a remodeled/renovated Marlins stadium better than HRS? We will always always always struggle with attendance regardless of where the stadium is. Look at the 2001 season when we had arguably the best CFB team of all time. We'd have to get another OB to move back there. There were huge concessions already taking Beckham's stadium idea (25k capacity?), plus they're going to break ground on that stadium well before 2020.

no one voted to keep or knockdown the OB….. scumbag politicians circumvented us.

We actually, i at least did, vote to allocate $100,000,000 towards parks and recreations that year. The OB was included in that...

The Rock is a beautiful venue for football and with the renovations Ross made it literally is more home advantage than the canes have ever experienced particularly during the day where the entire opposing bench is baking in the sun (Genius design).. also with the roof it's GREAT for the fans and also added noise.. there's no better venue to play in IMO and extra points because it's closer to Broward

Advertisement
I'm not interested in seeing Miami play in a 35,000 seat stadium. Unless Marlins park would be significantly renovated/expanded, that's all you'd be able to seat at most there. It's a baseball park.

and the ignorant ones happy to see the old girl go....

you know the ones,.. with that Goldilocks syndrome ..

"this stadium is too old'...

"this stadium raddles and shakes"

"this stadium has no private urinals" "

Are you seriously fooking Happy now with your clean facilities???? was that a fair exchange for an undefeated season?

Because I MutherFookin Guarantee all of you that if

*Vatech

and

*Notre Dame

were about to step foot in the Orange Bowl this year to play this CANES team,, THERE IS NO WAY IN **** THEY WOULD WIN

And don't get me wrong, ...im not dissing on Hard Rock, because shes a beautiful stadium that is growing on me and we will win there

but if our remaining home games were in the OB this yr, we go undefeated and there is not a sliver of doubt by anyone.

In the O.B we all knew we would win and these VaTech and Irish teams would know in the back of their heads they were going to lose

View attachment 52758

Helluva post OP!!! Totally agree!!! I'm fired up!!!! OB was a classic!!!! I miss it all the time!!! GO CANES!!!

OP I'm not mad at you. Just seeing the photograph of old girl brought back some of my best memories of being a Cane. Some here might think back to Coker teams or the rare home loss, but that stadium literally was where opponents hopes went to die. She's gone now, it was inevitable, and as you said the new venue is growing on us. In time, it too will have a story to tell fit for champions.

There was absolutely nothing to compare to a night game at the Orange Bowl. As Ed Reed said, the freaks come out at night. The Friday night game we played against FSU, and won in OT, because of the Monday game being "Hurricaned" out, was crazy. When Little Moss tied it up right at the end of the 4th quarter the **** stands were shaking. My sons girlfriend was at her first Cane game that night and I think she was literally scared because we were about halfway up behing the Canes bench and our seats felt like they were moving 2 to 3 feet with each stomp. And it got worse (better) when Gore put the team on his back and bulled his way into the end zone for the win in the first OT. Place was amazing.

Advertisement
Also, contrary to popular belief, the OB had regular urinals in the lower endzone restrooms. They only had troughs in a couple of upstairs restrooms. You know, the restrooms with the pipes that ran overhead and dripped "water" on the people sitting under the overhang?

I remember sitting in the west enzdzone against VT when Vick was on VT, and watching a couple of sections over a pipe busting overhead, pouring who knows what on people's head.

I'll love the OB until the day I die BUT....

I'd love people like the OP that practice some severe revisionist history to explain how we lost to Georgia Tech on November 19, 2005......with 20000 empty seats.....for an effing night game......when we were ranked #3 in the effing country.....if the OB provided such a constant homefield advantage sufficient enough to allow us to win out this year?

Hated that night..... It was that night that started our downward spiral

To add to the discussion on the city proposals for renovating the Orange Bowl:

Didn't one of their proposals (the $200 million deal that Shalala never turned down because it was never formally offered to her) result in cannibalizing the stadium by attaching a baseball field to the north end with shared seats between the two? This was one of the sketches that ended up in the Herald:

miabpk02.jpg

Other proposals included a small funding package that would have done some repairs and put a fresh coat of paint on the stadium without actually improving it any. The city was never serious about renovating the OB unless it brought the Marlins into town. There was never a serious, legitimate offer for her to turn down.

Advertisement
Ross put too much into Hard Rock.

Those of you going to the VT and ND games are going to see the difference. The noise is going to be inbelievable.

We’re never moving to Marlins Park.

I loved the Orange Bowl but it simply wasn't kept up well like many other historic stadiums for whatever reason.

with that said, the new-and-improved Hard Rock Stadium is great, it fits the city, has a great atmosphere when fans are engaged and it's modern. It works with the program. As long as this program moves forward with Richt the way we hope(knock on wood), HR Stadium will be a plus

There was absolutely nothing to compare to a night game at the Orange Bowl. As Ed Reed said, the freaks come out at night. The Friday night game we played against FSU, and won in OT, because of the Monday game being "Hurricaned" out, was crazy. When Little Moss tied it up right at the end of the 4th quarter the **** stands were shaking. My sons girlfriend was at her first Cane game that night and I think she was literally scared because we were about halfway up behing the Canes bench and our seats felt like they were moving 2 to 3 feet with each stomp. And it got worse (better) when Gore put the team on his back and bulled his way into the end zone for the win in the first OT. Place was amazing.

I can corroborate this story and the shaking of the OB. Loudest game I've ever been at.

Donna Shalala and the BOT moved us to HR for some extra revenue $$$. If memory serves me correctly, they turned down a deal with the city that would've seen a $200 million renovation to the OB. That wretched troll ruined everything great about Miami football, never forget.

Wrong. The funding was never committed to the OB but set aside for baseball.

Advertisement
Back