To put things in perspective.

Advertisement
Like it’s insane how half of these people don’t want a coach who’s clearly an upgrade over Manny, going so far as to justify keeping Diaz in spite of Mario. Shts crazy
10 mil a year for just “and upgrade over Manny” Nkthing in his entire coaching career says he’s a good coach. Great recruiter but that’s it

There is no perfect hire.

But what you can do is put everything around a guy and give him his best chance to succeed.

At the highest level of CFB it’s Jimmy and Joes with just enough X’s and O’s anyways.

The best coaches start with the best ingredients.

And I like Lane Kiffin but “Lane kiffin” is an idea.

No other major program has touched him this cycle, now you can say “he’s holding out for Miami”…but Miami hasn’t even kicked the tires….so there is clearly more there than what his biggest supports want to admit.
I respect Lane Kiffin’s 10-2 season and his offensive mind, but think many of his supporters here are in love with his personality as much as anything. The same guy, but rather dull, wouldn’t have the same following here.

I know he was in route, but Anthony Brown was freaking terrible. I still can’t believe he lasted beyond pick 6 on the second series.
Yeah, but the next two QBs line are true freshman. Maybe you throw the more-ready of the two in there, maybe it wouldn’t have mattered.

And yes, not having a better alternative is on Mario. The Ducks did have a QB transfer out, but don’t know much about him.

Advertisement
10 mil a year for just “and upgrade over Manny” Nkthing in his entire coaching career says he’s a good coach. Great recruiter but that’s it
If 2 pac 12 championships, 1 12 win season, and a rose bowl doesn’t suggest that he’s a good coach. I’m curious to know your criteria for a good coach and how many coaches in the market right now would check those boxes.

If 2 pac 12 championships, 1 12 win season, and a rose bowl doesn’t suggest that he’s a good coach. I’m curious to know your criteria for a good coach and how many coaches in the market right now would check those boxes.
PAC 12 the last few years has been like the eastern conference after Jordan left. It’s been a complete joke of a conference. Great recuiter but when he goes up against similarly talented teams he loses the vast majority of times. Got abused twice in a couple weeks by Utah. For 10 mil a year you need more

PAC 12 the last few years has been like the eastern conference after Jordan left. It’s been a complete joke of a conference. Great recuiter but when he goes up against similarly talented teams he loses the vast majority of times. Got abused twice in a couple weeks by Utah. For 10 mil a year you need more
So let me get this right. Lane can be praised for winning 10 games in the SEC but not winning any conference championships because of strength of conference, meanwhile Mario is penalized for winning 10+ games in an easy conference? Also again if you can point to me the coach who has won conference championships and multiple 9 and 10 win seasons that’s currently available in the market right now then we can have a proper discussion.

Advertisement
Who cares if we might be over paying him. 1) it’s not your money. 2) there isn’t a cap on spending on coaching that effects others 3) it’s the cost of doing business these days not saying it’s right cause I think it will have negative effects on the sports but it is what it is.

So let me get this right. Lane can be praised for winning 10 games in the SEC but not winning any conference championships because of strength of conference, meanwhile Mario is penalized for winning 10+ games in an easy conference? Also again if you can point to me the coach who has won conference championships and multiple 9 and 10 win seasons that’s currently available in the market right now then we can have a proper discussion.
What does currently available in the market mean? He’s under contract and has an extension on the table. If that equals on the market then everyone is on the market. Are you really that simple that you only look at win loss record without context? If so then there’s no point in explaining things to you.

What does currently available in the market mean? He’s under contract and has an extension on the table. If that equals on the market then everyone is on the market. Are you really that simple that you only look at win loss record without context? If so then there’s no point in explaining things to you.
On the market means if we call their agent right now and pitch them this HC job they won’t laugh and hang up the phone. Now make this list and we’ll compare their resume to Mario. If we use context and dissect Cristobal wins and losses you’ll move the goal post when injuries and the lack of elite QB play enter the discussion.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back