TNNM - Miami finally at FULL Strength Saturday vs. VTech

Advertisement
Until we throw the ball deeper than 20+ yards with more frequency, these defenses will continue to sit on the short routes, and crowd the box. Doesn't matter how accurate or not he is when the throw is called, it MUST BE CALLED, or everything else is pointless.
When you throw the ball deep there are 4 possible outcomes
1 completion
2 pass interference
3 incomplete
4 interception

3 out of the 4 aren't bad. Let it fly.

There are no excuses for the way this team has played thus far, but there should be at least some optimism that we may see some improvement, both from the youth movement getting a little more experienced, plus the overall health of some really key pieces improving:

Lorenzo Lingard -- Highest ranked kid on the team, looks to be finally healthy after missing essentially an entire year

Bubba Bolden -- Ready to make his season debut, should immediately help the depth in the secondary, which has clearly taken a step back this year

Trevon Hill -- Had the shoulder issue in camp and started slowly, maybe from that and maybe just learning and getting acclimated. But you'd expect this kid's talent to begin to pop now

Nesta Silvera -- Expected to be a major cog in the middle of the defensive line and has not yet played. His addition at full strength should really provide a boost to the DL

Jon Ford -- Missed the spring and was slowly brought along in camp. I expect him to be hitting his stride at this point and to continue to improve.

Mark Pope -- Missed a game with the sprained ankle after showing promise. Should be now at full strength, or close to it.

Patrick Joyner -- Rejoining the team after missing the entire year to this point. Should help immediately with LB depth.

Brian Hightower/Jeff Thomas -- Both had knee procedures during the summer. Not sure how much impact it's had with them, but the further away you get from even a minor knee scope, the better

And then all the young kids who are on that precipice of no longer being young kids.....Nelson, Clark, Campbell, Williams, Couch, Smith, Brooks, Hodges....you'd hope we start to see some serious improvement there.

Bottom line, there were no excuses before. But there's really none now. This team is as healthy as you can possibly expect a third of the way through the year, and the young kids have learned by fire. Time to start playing like they're capable.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Am I a troll if most posters on the board agree with the following:

UVA Football Program > The University f/k/a as The U
So now we entertain a U Va. fan on our site?.....you are a troll, and I know a troll when I see the above.....

Beating VT would be little to brag about. Win Fri week and may get a few fans on board.

Beating Virginia Tech is always fulfilling as those guys owned Miami in the late nineties and road games up there, for the most part.

They've been a sound program over the years with a bunch of neckbeard fans that love beating the Canes. Always fun to stick it to them, whether they're good, or suck.

Plus, it's Bud Foster's last year—so send him out on a three-game losing streak to The U.

Advertisement
When you throw the ball deep there are 4 possible outcomes
1 completion
2 pass interference
3 incomplete
4 interception

3 out of the 4 aren't bad. Let it fly.
I agree, but offensive holding to let the WR's have enough time to get downfield is another option.

Skill players are practically useless with a bad OL... our OL will make this game close. We have better skilled athletes, better player, blah blah blah... but it will be close. Only because our OL is possibly the worst OL... even in the FCS.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back