Tirek Austin - Cave latest

Advertisement
he is from Jersey.. Probably would feel more at home there
56C816EB-99C5-453D-A60B-80E6086615A0.gif

The kid is from NJ. He might like that stuff. How do you know???? I live up here. Not everyone wants to live in So Fla despite what some people think.

You go ahead and continue to be negative.
Dude, You and I both went to undergrad in DC and I’m assuming you live in DC/MD/VA. I live 20 minutes from Harpers Ferry. You know that as soon as you cross that border into Wild & Wonderful WEST Vaginy that it’s another world. And not in a good way.

There are a number of kids from Maryland and NJ who go to WVU for college but it’s also easy to get into, less expensive and a party school. Moreover, these kids aren’t getting full ride offers to Miami either. Miami has a better NFL lineage as well.

I get O$U, Pedo State, ND... but unless there’s some extraordinary circumstances, there’s no good reason to justify losing a linebacker from Camden, NJ to WVU, especially when we have 3 guys leaving at the position. It’s an absolute failure by our staff to lose this kid to WVU under these circumstances.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If he’s scared of being too far from ******* Jersey then I don’t want him on this defense. It’s a 2 hour flight and there’s like 300 of them a day.

Better yet, tell him to hit up David Njoku and ask him if he thought going from Jersey to Miami was the right move.

And if homesickness isn’t the issue here, then we have a serious problem with linebacker recruiting when we can sell playing time, Miami, and our linebacker success to him, but can’t land his 3-star self...against WVU.
Think this is a bit of an overreaction. I dont think the issue is distance. I'm from Camden and I want Miami to go after all the ballers from there but if his position coach/area recruiter isn't recruiting him hard enough, it's on them. Really no BS with this kid.

My cousin runs SJ's big-time 7v7 squad and knows him personally. I asked our chances going into the OV and he said he was probably going to West Virginia. I asked why and he said they basically set up shop in SJ.
Then we got out-recruited by WVU and that’s embarrassing. Is Patke the lead?

Dude, You and I both went to undergrad in DC and I’m assuming you live in DC/MD/VA. I live 20 minutes from Harpers Ferry. You know that as soon as you cross that border into Wild & Wonderful WEST Vaginy that it’s another world. And not in a good way.

There are a number of kids from Maryland and NJ who go to WVU for college but it’s also easy to get into, less expensive and a party school. Moreover, these kids aren’t getting full ride offers to Miami either. Miami has a better NFL lineage as well.

I get O$U, Pedo State, ND... but unless there’s some extraordinary circumstances, there’s no good reason to justify losing a linebacker from Camden, NJ to WVU, especially when we have 3 guys leaving at the position. It’s an absolute failure by our staff to lose this kid under these circumstances.

I live in Metropolitan NY - Long Island to be exact. About 20 miles from the city. Both my kids have friends who went to WV from our high school. In all honesty, it's known for easy entrance academics and a high level of partying.

I get everything you are saying. But my point is that sometimes the "other factors" are more important to kids. And the parents. And we don't know what WV is selling him. They have been recruiting him for along time. We just started - maybe 2-3 months ago? and maybe distance is a factor, too. So many things to consider. I just have a problem with fingers pointed right away at a coach anytime some kid we think we should get chooses another school. Especially a kid we have only recruited recently. It just isn't that simple.

Advertisement
I live in Metropolitan NY - Long Island to be exact. About 20 miles from the city. Both my kids have friends who went to WV from our high school. In all honesty, it's known for easy entrance academics and a high level of partying.

I get everything you are saying. But my point is that sometimes the "other factors" are more important to kids. And the parents. And we don't know what WV is selling him. They have been recruiting him for along time. We just started - maybe 2-3 months ago? and maybe distance is a factor, too. So many things to consider. I just have a problem with fingers pointed right away at a coach anytime some kid we think we should get chooses another school. Especially a kid we have only recruited recently. It just isn't that simple.
I ordinarily don’t like to just slam coaches for missing on a kid. The brevity of the recruitment is understandable as a mitigating factor. I’m not buying distance here. If that’s the case, Rutgers is close and so is College Park. I’m curious to see who else has recruited him and for how long. WVU’s staff changed as well with Holgerson leaving. I think we need to close these types of deals.

On a side note, you bring a lot to the board and I always enjoy reading your posts, mostly all of which I agree with.

I ordinarily don’t like to just slam coaches for missing on a kid. The brevity of the recruitment is understandable as a mitigating factor. I’m not buying distance here. If that’s the case, Rutgers is close and so is College Park. I’m curious to see who else has recruited him and for how long. WVU’s staff changed as well with Holgerson leaving. I think we need to close these types of deals.

It's interesting - Syracuse was the school recruiting him the longest and he cut them off in terms of an OV. At least that's what he said before he made the last few trips. I think he has one left.

Don't even waste your energy trying to tell them...

A 5-star LB from Cali ranked #1 in country is going to commit to a 7-6 team that got embarrassed against every major team they played & lost games to teams they had no business losing to, that also DOESN'T PAY UPFRONT is going to beat out Bama, Clemson, UGA, Oklahoma or USC...

Yeah, not delusional at all.
DJ Williams was #1 ranked linebacker from Cali. He signed here. So it does happen

Advertisement
He's not staying home though, he's from NJ. That's why there is not much stock in that theory.

... I can't believe we're even arguing about this, who really thinks WVU is a better fit for this kid over Miami ?

You're missing the point lol...What WE think doesn't matter.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back