Tired of making the same post

View as article
Why in THE FVCK do these guys in here keep talking about WR's not being open?
There were multiple plays Saturday where TWO guys were wide open.
Some of these were big plays...some were drops...and some were completely missed by TVD.
I’m also confused why people keep saying A&M playing there back ups at DB. Harris wasn’t a starter, Richardson was the only starter ejected. Chappell,Johnson Harmon, Gilbert(all starters played all game) and 2 of them might be All-Americans by end of year. Bryce Anderson came in for Richardson and he’s a 5-star and didn’t look like a freshman.

Advertisement
I watched the SM game multiple times and saw it there too. Guys are open and he’s double clutching telegraphing his throws. No anticipation of where the receiver is going, not where he is. But he only works with one guy outside of practice so how could he get a feel for that kind of thing……
SM he was missing a ton. he did not play well.

against atm, there wasn't a ton of open guys. a lot of the routes were well-covered or guys ran into the defenders.

I’m also confused why people keep saying A&M playing there back ups at DB. Harris wasn’t a starter, Richardson was the only starter ejected. Chappell,Johnson Harmon, Gilbert(all starters played all game) and 2 of them might be All-Americans by end of year. Bryce Anderson came in for Richardson and he’s a 5-star and didn’t look like a freshman.
they said on the broadcast Harris is a starter

Advertisement
Pipo I’ve missed you long time no see lol
35A56DA7-3C55-414E-829C-659C99847B9A.gif

6:10minute mark in this video is the play he’s talking about.

Great 8 minute video btw that goes into some depth on a few of the plays we had on offense last game.

on that first clip, a **** of a pancake by Zion.

On the second clip, that’s where it seems Rooster doesn’t have that vision that Parrish has to avoid certain defenders. If he could’ve cut inside a little bit further he doesn’t get tripped up and he scores.

Sorry, I will translate. We have had the same south Florida "talent" on the roster for 20 years of failure. All kinds of coaches have come and gone but, miraculously, none of them have had success with this alleged best talent pool in the country. Yet we put the blame on 100+ different head and assistant coaches while having 75% of our roster coming from the same place year after year.

Before you start bringing up south Florida guys who are now retired from the NFL, look at Georgia's roster. The talent is in the deep south.

Advertisement
JJ fired a chunk of his staff after his first year 8-5 at Miami. He hire GS. Howard, GS, D Erickson, were the equal ale to of todays spread high flying super aggressive offensive attacks…years before anyone did those things. In the early 00’s success was based on explosive attacking offense.

No FL school has ever successfully implemented a “Pound it” style of play. FSU, UF, Miami, UCF all failed every time. The ONLY SUCCESS these schools have had was when they were wide open.

Mario NEVER played on physical teams. His OL sucked and Gino was getting crushed while completing TD’s in DE’s attacking passing offense.

Food for thought.

I just want to know why on earth we did not pick on their DBs. They were so short handed...****, I would have drawn up plays in the sand just to isolate and take advantage of them.
I’ve pointed this out while fully acknowledging that they guys they had out there weren’t bums. They are pretty good DBs but you have to go at them and go up tempo at times as the depth was lacking therefore I believe the fatigue sets in and that’s when mistakes happen for them like pass interference or holding.

Mario NEVER played on physical teams. His OL sucked and Gino was getting crushed while completing TD’s in DE’s attacking passing offense.

I'm sorry, but if you're too young to have watched 1991 Miami at FSU and 1992 FSU at Miami and think that wasn't physical football, you just shouldn't comment. Those games were brawls.

I’ve pointed this out while fully acknowledging that they guys they had out there weren’t bums. They are pretty good DBs but you have to go at them and go up tempo at times as the depth was lacking therefore I believe the fatigue sets in and that’s when mistakes happen for them like pass interference or holding.

It was total pussification effort even from TVD... sliding out of bounds 3 yds short on a critical 3rd down.... with his size, he should have lowered his shoulder on that DB and pummeled him back 5 yds

Advertisement
Short side was the toss. But that was the issue. Was supposed to go naked. Certainly won't argue that rpo was the best of calls in that instance especially considering Tyler keeps the ball. But it gives us versatility & instills confidence in Tyler's read. Hindsight put skinner outside and run a fade or bring in jacurri for that rpo. We have sets for jacurri that I wouldn't have minded seeing in that spot.
We also have a 6’4 transfer receiver. You can always throw a lob ball where only he can get it and see what happens (catch, PI, etc). Anything is better than what he called there.

JJ fired a chunk of his staff after his first year 8-5 at Miami. He hire GS. Howard, GS, D Erickson, were the equal ale to of todays spread high flying super aggressive offensive attacks…years before anyone did those things. In the early 00’s success was based on explosive attacking offense.

No FL school has ever successfully implemented a “Pound it” style of play. FSU, UF, Miami, UCF all failed every time. The ONLY SUCCESS these schools have had was when they were wide open.

Food for thought.
The 89 team was very physical...you can't be serious...Gino wasn't the starter, Erickson was.

Advertisement
Defense blades is a weak link , o lets see lethargic big 10 bs . Throw to the TE more . We need a more explosive 0 cord this bjg 10 bs isnt going to cut it .

Why in THE FVCK do these guys in here keep talking about WR's not being open?
There were multiple plays Saturday where TWO guys were wide open.
Some of these were big plays...some were drops...and some were completely missed by TVD.

Exactly that’s why I am not even thinking about panic mode.

Plays are really there to made. We just have to improve. This isn’t like 2016 or 2019 when we were running stuff we had no chance of blocking. The offensive line is doing its part. Time for everyone else to do theirs and get this passing game going.

"The game was lost when we ran three times in the red zone and kicked a field goal down 17-3. You can’t say you have the best QB in the country and then show a complete lack of faith in him".

"Maybe someone who charted the game can correct me, but I can’t remember a single contested catch in 41 passes. “NFL open” does not exist in our passing game. We have body catchers, not snatchers".

You can't be shocked when Gattis runs the ball inside the red zone and at the same time be highly critical of our WRs. So, you wanted Gattis to pass in the red zone. To who? Who was catching the ball? According to you, no one was going to catch the ball because the entire game, no one could make a contested catch.

The complaint against Gattis is that he ran TWO QB draws while in the red zone. That's the complaint.
Where is Arroyo? Where is Skinner? Where is Horton? Where is Young? Everyone I listed is at least 6'4" Why not try them in the end zone? Why no fade attempts?

#Situational Football
#Use your talent

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back