Timmy trolling or what???

Nah He’s not wayyy more athletic then shaq. Not at all. Most those plays in his highlight are him coming down hill. Absolutely no plays of in space or sideline to sideline. The kid can strike no doubt. But comparing him as a LB to shaq athletically not even close

Lmao
Shaq was very unathletic and not a thumper. I don’t need to see dude running sideline to sideline to see that. He still has better quickness and comes downhill like a bat outa ****. Shaq often got caught up in the wash and over ran plays. They’re both overrated IMO. You put this guy in the lineup and let him fuq **** up. Being a good sideline to sideline player means nothing if you get lost when the ball is in front of you but they’re both much better than what we have now we all can agree on that

Advertisement
Only on CIS would people be whining about taking the #1 ILB in the country because one time he ran a bad 40. He was running between a 4.65 and 4.7 out of HS. Plenty fast for a ILB with elite instincts (which is why he was a 5 star LB). Maybe he was hurt or had put on too much weight when was timed at 4.95. To say this kid has high upside is the understatement of the year. Jalen Phillips is 6'5" 255. This kid is currently 6'2" 250+. Out of high school he was 235. Get him down in weight and he is instantly the best LB Miami has had in years.

Lmao
Shaq was very unathletic and not a thumper. I don’t need to see dude running sideline to sideline to see that. He still has better quickness and comes downhill like a bat outa ****. Shaq often got caught up in the wash and over ran plays. They’re both overrated IMO. You put this guy in the lineup and let him fuq **** up. Being a good sideline to sideline player means nothing if you get lost when the ball is in front of you but they’re both much better than what we have now we all can agree on that

I don't know how anyone could still question Shaq and Pinckney after watching the drop-off in LB play this year. Both were very good and very underappreciated, and they took a lot of **** on here simply because neither was an elite Vilma/DJ Williams type.

Shaq was actually outstanding at finding the ball. Manny's D requires the LBs to be hyper-aggressive so yes they are going to overrun plays. Shaq did occasionally, his replacement did all the time.

And according to USC fans, PG is absolutely awful at finding the ball, which is why he was not a good MLB for them. They all agree he needs to be on the outside where he can just run and chase. I'd love to add him, but he's an OLB all the way, and MLB is still a must add for us

Only on CIS would people be whining about taking the #1 ILB in the country because one time he ran a bad 40. He was running between a 4.65 and 4.7 out of HS. Plenty fast for a ILB with elite instincts (which is why he was a 5 star LB). Maybe he was hurt or had put on too much weight when was timed at 4.95. To say this kid has high upside is the understatement of the year. Jalen Phillips is 6'5" 255. This kid is currently 6'2" 250+. Out of high school he was 235. Get him down in weight and he is instantly the best LB Miami has had in years.

I mean, according to USC fans his instincts haven't been there since he scrambled his brains vs Colorado a couple years ago.

As I just posted, I'd definitely take him, but he needs to be at WLB if he's going to have success. JP was great here because he was just asked to be a DE, not to play coverage too like he was at UCLA. PG needs to be in a spot where he can just hunt the football, not have to read/diagnose in the middle

Advertisement
Miami has a long and strong history with kids from South Pacific roots! Dwayne Johnson and Josh Holmes are not only two examples, they are the only examples. Hopefully we add this kid to our team and continue to expand on our long and rich tradition!

I mean, according to USC fans his instincts haven't been there since he scrambled his brains vs Colorado a couple years ago.

As I just posted, I'd definitely take him, but he needs to be at WLB if he's going to have success. JP was great here because he was just asked to be a DE, not to play coverage too like he was at UCLA. PG needs to be in a spot where he can just hunt the football, not have to read/diagnose in the middle
This right here. He is a huge risk because of concussion history. If he is healthy he would be our best backer.
Seems like last time we took that risk in Cali it turned pretty good

It's crazy to think that a year ago, this board or some posters were criticizing shaq and pink for not being "athletic enough" and I think we all agree that we would take em both back in a heartbeat.

I agree that we should recruit more athletic lb's for today's game and don't miss out on local studs (ex.Hyppolite) but I also do think that you need a true thumper that is willing to take on blocks. We were clearly missing a guy like that and when you have guys like BJ and McCloud that are not that physical and are running around chickens without heads, then it gets ugly quick.
They may have been athletic enough...but they were constantly not in the right spot....missed tackles and the scheme sucked(still does). Since dIAZ has been here the LB play has gone downhill. remind who was the LB coach in charge of recruiting the last 5 years

Advertisement
These are his testing results on his ESPN recruiting profile. No idea what event they are from, but I'm guessing that's where the 4.95 is from. 40 inch vertical leap as a HS senior, compared to Shaq who was 31 inches at the Combine. I don't think Shaq is at this kid's level as an athlete. Also, that short shuttle time is pretty **** good, Devin Bush was at a 4.23 at the combine. I think we can put to bed the idea he's a limited athlete

1610917503811.png

Last edited:
But we need to understand if we land this kid what we are getting....he is a thumper. In the mold of shaq probably even less athleticism. Also Who many on this board trashed.. But I get the hype. Was a highly rated kid. Good instincts that showed up at USC. Needs to try and reshape his body in my opinion. Best coming down hill not sideline to sideline.
If he can diagnose a play, he would improve our LB room.

The plan originally was not to take a lb as I posted in original thread, then unc happened. I’d prefer a more athletic player but we need an upgrade regardless. I also posted if he was a take it would have to be after the bump in spots, because I knew about the portal kids. De, cb and wr was a priority.

So he’s going to have to wait until the ncaa gets of their asses. If we want he’d jump for sure.

I can’t fault their priorities. But young WRs can contribute immediately whereas good freshmen LBs are white rhinos. I would have put a portal LB above a portal WR for that reason.

Advertisement
I like the kid from Texas the most.

Provided he stays healthy, hes a Miami LB.

Btw two opponents to keep an eye on next season : FSU and GT. They will be vastly improved thanks to the portal. They have good coaching. We better be ready.
GT *****ed out of playing us - **** them and their abrasive HC.

FSU couldn't be any worse.

GT *****ed out of playing us - **** them and their abrasive HC.

FSU couldn't be any worse.
Im just telling yall, they are both going to be substantially better and not to pencil in an automatic win. Theyre getting some nice players in the portal. GT especially. None of that other sh°t matters.

Advertisement
Hope the cap relief for transfers comes soon. He’d be the best LB on the team instantaneously. We desperately need an upgrade at the spot.

Advertisement
Back