Time To Laugh: An Excerpt From Al's End Of Year Letter To

Golden sure does like to use the exclamation points in his recycled letters.

lol at him pulling out his old laptop and recycling a letter that he sent to his Temple players in 2010.

Funny how he has letters saved for failed seasons

My how things don't change. That Temple team was also projected to win their conference and FAILED ho hum

Advertisement
It's legit. Vish referenced the letter (forward) a few days ago on his site but did not post the whole thing.

It's legit. Vish referenced the letter (forward) a few days ago on his site but did not post the whole thing.

Yep. Plus an actual player gave a reputable poster on here the letter himself. But if we know anything about the Golden Girls at this point, it's that they don't accept reality.

does not look authentic. someone needs to post a copy of the email with appropriate redaction of the recipient's email address and any other incriminating information.

Agreed. I'm increasingly skeptical. Check out the contrast between his interview regarding the season in review compared to that supposed email. Nothing is similar. One is like a squealing school girl and the other is exactly how Golden always comes across.

Unless he's radically different in front of the team. After all, he does employ that ridiculous Oklahoma drill before every home game. That's like a gameday version of exclamation points.

If a weak mind is trying to fake an email to make Golden seem incredibly pathetic, factual errors and juvenile grammar would be staples. Even that supposed subsequent email from within the athletic department has the same tendency, an exclamation point after all 3 sentences. Like the same person was responsible. Otherwise we apparently don't hire anyone who can't finish a sentence minus unwarranted punctuation.

There was a lot of similarities and Jennurs post somewhere pointed it out. In addition to that he was speaking to two different audiences. And one audience was supposed to be a private matter in contrast to a public audience

Advertisement
does not look authentic. someone needs to post a copy of the email with appropriate redaction of the recipient's email address and any other incriminating information.

Agreed. I'm increasingly skeptical. Check out the contrast between his interview regarding the season in review compared to that supposed email. Nothing is similar. One is like a squealing school girl and the other is exactly how Golden always comes across.

Unless he's radically different in front of the team. After all, he does employ that ridiculous Oklahoma drill before every home game. That's like a gameday version of exclamation points.

If a weak mind is trying to fake an email to make Golden seem incredibly pathetic, factual errors and juvenile grammar would be staples. Even that supposed subsequent email from within the athletic department has the same tendency, an exclamation point after all 3 sentences. Like the same person was responsible. Otherwise we apparently don't hire anyone who can't finish a sentence minus unwarranted punctuation.

There was a lot of similarities and Jennurs post somewhere pointed it out. In addition to that he was speaking to two different audiences. And one audience was supposed to be a private matter in contrast to a public audience

This.

This was my post from the WEZ:

Guys, it's definitely real. Just look at the parallels between that letter and his own quotes in the Ferman piece.

Letter:

1. UNSELFISH – Contribution to others and encouragement; Form of appreciation and Gratitude. No energy Vampires!
2. FOCUSED – Eliminate thinking about the next level. Ignore the Noise (NFL/AGENT/MEDIA). Let go of the outcome. Put Team First!
3. UNIFIED – More team unity; no separation among us (mix more offense and defense). Be a Great Teammate!
4. COMMUNICATE – See it as more of a partnership. Matter of Trust! Let go of agenda. Be solution oriented. Tough Teams Talk!
5. ACCOUNTABLE – Overcome fear of conflict. Be authentic with others. You job is to never get discouraged with the responsibility to hold each other accountable. We need great leaders!

Ferman Piece: "I am the leader. I have to set the standard. If I'm not accountable, focused, unified, unselfish and relentlessly communicating, how can I expect the staff or team to follow suit?"

Letter: So, how did we do? I think it’s safe to say that, while we made progress in many of these areas, we didn’t quite achieve 100% buy in from everyone in our organization. Yes, I said organization. Right now players are thinking staff; Staff is thinking players….WE ALL NEED TO BE THINKING TEAM! Every single one of us!

So today, Jan 1st, 2015 I’m asking everyone associated with the Miami Hurricanes to think differently. To make a fresh commitment to our standards, leaders and to each other - becoming better teammates! To be Unselfish, Focused, Unified, Communicate and Accountable. To be part of the solution; not the problem.

Most Importantly, I hope it will inspire YOU to take the first step in improving YOUR area and being part of the “cure”; not the “disease” in 2015!

Ferman Piece: "I mean, you are either part of the problem or part of the solution. We must work at every level of our organization to choose the harder right over the easier wrong every day - to be a builder, not a basher, to be part of the cure, not the disease."

I'm curious. AG's tenure at Temple was 2006 - 2010. In the letter he mention's Pats/Gaints game 2 years ago. I'd bet my life that this letter was written to his Temple squad in 2009 and as someone already stated he basically printed used it to send to his 2014 UM squad. That is sloppy and just wrong on multiple levels. Sometimes I feel that the venom against him is a bit much but I truly understand if you really listen to his lies. He talk at people (not to them) and treats them like complete idiots and does so in such a prideful way. I understand the venom.

I would love to find an former Temple player to confirm this very same letter was given to them at or about 2009. Now that needs to be posted on twitter!

Can you imagine Harbaugh, Saban, or Fisher using the phrase "hidden agendas" while addressing their players. It screams "I am weak and emotionally fragile." Those guys couldn't give a monkey's balls about agendas. But they're real coaches. Real leaders...... We're stuck with an HR Generalist. I gotta find something else to do.

Forward to Global address book at UM

I was the one who posted the email and again, this came directly from several players. I myself got both an copy of this sent my way from a reputable source claiming to have gotten it from a player, and then having reached out myself to another player, got the same thing sent to me. While I won't post names for obvious reasons, it's in no way fabricated. Several other posters also previously saw the email before I did, just chose not to post it. If you're surprised his grammar and diction differs when talking to the media and newspapers as opposed to inner city college kids I don't know what to tell you. It's real, and it's real ***.

Can't believe the man used TCU as example. They have a real HC who actaully wins football games. They have a real frigging defense and not some fairy tale. Most importantly, their HC fired coaches who could not cut it in NEW conference and got some who could, accepting a complete change of his own philosophy to one that had chance to win at the new level. In short, a HC who is the complete and total opposite of Al Golden.

Advertisement
its really not that important, but what is the timing of the ferman piece and the email. email could have been taken from the ferman piece.

regardless, he needs to get fired and we need a new, real AD.

its really not that important, but what is the timing of the ferman piece and the email. email could have been taken from the ferman piece.

You don't get to question the authenticity of something that's been cross-referenced by several long-time, upstanding members of this community, then later on say "it's really not that important" when it's proven that it's real and factual.

In short, Negged.

Considering I posted this on the WEZ before the ridiculous interview...

Advertisement
the players

2014, for a variety of reasons, was a difficult year for all of us. Truth is none of that matters today. None of it. The only thing that matters is that we learn and grow from it. A year ago at this time TCU was 4 & 8 and did not have the benefit of participating in a bowl game. This year, #6 TCU faced #9 Ole Miss in the Peach Bowl! Those same TCU Horned Frogs. Same Weight Room, Same Playbook, Same Uniforms….Yet a Much DIFFERENT TEAM!

So what changed?

A TEAM is reborn every year. And what makes the difference from year to year is a team’s leadership, being great teammates (Squashing 3rd Parties and hidden agendas) and it’s volition - what team and team members are willing to give up to achieve shared goals! You cannot be a great leader, great teammate or a Championship Team without giving something up. Last year our volition (as determined by the unity council) boiled down to 5 simple values:
1. UNSELFISH – Contribution to others and encouragement; Form of appreciation and Gratitude. No energy Vampires!
2. FOCUSED – Eliminate thinking about the next level. Ignore the Noise (NFL/AGENT/MEDIA). Let go of the outcome. Put Team First!
3. UNIFIED – More team unity; no separation among us (mix more offense and defense). Be a Great Teammate!
4. COMMUNICATE – See it as more of a partnership. Matter of Trust! Let go of agenda. Be solution oriented. Tough Teams Talk!
5. ACCOUNTABLE – Overcome fear of conflict. Be authentic with others. You job is to never get discouraged with the responsibility to hold each other accountable. We need great leaders!

The U.F.U.C.A?

There was one more on the list, but WTH didn't include it.

6: LEARN: Find out why something went wrong then learn what you have to do so it never happens again

Focused
Unselfish
Communicate

Unified

Accountable
Learn

It's the FUC U AL system.

He has his talking points all lined up for 2015.
The letter is reads like a letter from a ceo to his employees that he just screwed out of their pension.

This.

This was my post from the WEZ:

Guys, it's definitely real. Just look at the parallels between that letter and his own quotes in the Ferman piece.

Letter:

Ferman Piece: "I am the leader. I have to set the standard. If I'm not accountable, focused, unified, unselfish and relentlessly communicating, how can I expect the staff or team to follow suit?"

Letter: So, how did we do? I think it’s safe to say that, while we made progress in many of these areas, we didn’t quite achieve 100% buy in from everyone in our organization. Yes, I said organization. Right now players are thinking staff; Staff is thinking players….WE ALL NEED TO BE THINKING TEAM! Every single one of us!

So today, Jan 1st, 2015 I’m asking everyone associated with the Miami Hurricanes to think differently. To make a fresh commitment to our standards, leaders and to each other - becoming better teammates! To be Unselfish, Focused, Unified, Communicate and Accountable. To be part of the solution; not the problem.

Most Importantly, I hope it will inspire YOU to take the first step in improving YOUR area and being part of the “cure”; not the “disease” in 2015!

Ferman Piece: "I mean, you are either part of the problem or part of the solution. We must work at every level of our organization to choose the harder right over the easier wrong every day - to be a builder, not a basher, to be part of the cure, not the disease."

Well **** everything.

Advertisement
So this chump wrote a letter like a female sayin some chit he should be reinforcing everyday in the wieght room, tutoring sessions , any kind or workouts etc? Smh. Just another example as to why this b**** will never win anything here.

writting a letter saying some chit he should be reiterating person on a weekly basis in some shape form or fashion.

Advertisement
Back