Time for the youth movement at WR

KIng had a bad game (as did Lashlee), but those were 50/50 balls, and the WRs were 0/100.

Yep.

We never synched up the play calling, the passing game - and our running game was non-existent.

I don't know what the preparation is leading to out of town games, no idea on scheduled team practices/meals/whatever - but I do know that whatever or whoever is in charge of that - needs his *** kicked to the curb - and change up everything - because what we're doing absolutely sucks.

So many times, at kickoff - it's like we brought the baseball team to play football. "We're doing WHAT?" "Football???"

Advertisement
King did not look comfortable throwing the ball last night. My guess is as a smaller guy he doesn’t have huge hands.
However, there is NO excuse for falling down on an intercepted pass and getting up calling for a flag. Honestly the one call Harley got was “soft” at best.
These three WR are not good enough in games, I don’t care what you do in practice anymore, they have put enough bad play in games they don’t deserve as much PT as they are getting.
How about when Harley gets a screen pass and gets tackled by Pope! Oh man was that embarrassing! Kid should be ashamed, but he’s not because our coaches will pump him up and trot him back out there next week to do it again.

Pope & Wiggins blew up because of measurables & the 7 on 7 circuit.

I used to be at Southridge's games and practices all the time because my cousin played there (plays at Tennessee now.) They used to get ABUSED by Antwan Collier & Dicaprio Bootle in practice, then in the game they'd get their skinny asses yoked up again lmao. I think Dee has potential but there's a point where you gotta turn that potential into production, and that should be happening in the middle of your junior year. I just don't think Noodles has the sauce like that tbh.

I really like Keyshawn, he flashes every time he's on the field. Redding literally can't be worse than Mark. And for the love of God, I'd rather ANYONE out there than Harley!!!!!!!!

I know alot of popular guys felt the scheme would help those guys and make them productive but they are what they are.. harley, pope and wiggins are jags of the most high.. you might can hide them as #3 or #4 types but no higher than that.. Aint no scheme alive can save those guys, they cant make plays, play soft, dont go after 50/50 balls, cry to ref every play they get pushed around..

exactly. There’s a myth that you can find a place for our WRs in certain schemes. I disagree. If you’re not a natural football player and struggle at the basics (catching the ball, route running, yac, fighting for the ball, etc), you’re gonna struggle in just about every scheme. It’s akin to hiding a player on defense. One way or another, they’re gonna get exposed.

im hoping likens is not one of these stubborn coaches that does not like playing young players

Advertisement
I've seen enough of Wiggins, Pope, and Harley.

They're our starting WRs, and they're all the same guy.

Great straight-line speed with nothing else. Shaky hands (at best), subpar route running, no body control, can't track the ball, and no dawg in 'em.

I'm hoping Keyshawn "Just Give Me the **** Ball" Smith makes a case for staying on the field. Have Wiggins/Pope/Harley ever made an adjustment on a ball like he did on the gadget play? He tracked the underthrown ball, turned his body and caught it with a defender closing in. Meanwhile, Wiggins is dropping deeps posts or getting love-tapped to the ground while the CB intercepts the ball.

Payton and Redding, too.

Are we really losing anything with them out there?

I'm not saying anything should be handed to them. I hope they're busting their *** off in practice.

But we need to find at least one "dude" at WR because this is ridiculous.

Ahmmon would've been eating last night.
I’ve been saying this for 2 games now. What’s taking these coaches so long to make the move? Harlina, Wiggina and Popina plays like girls. Easily gets knocked around in the air. Fold like chickens once touched. Can’t catch a cold. Enough is enough.

These guys are the weakest link on this team. They look like the same size as when they reported out of Highschool. 18 yr old bodies, so that’s why they play scared.

Bring in those bigger bodies 18 and 19 yr old freshmen because they can’t play worse.

Last edited:
Advertisement
These guys will be trotted out every week until they can't wear a college uniform anymore. Manny is that dude that will ride and die with his old head players.

It's the same reason you will continue to see 53 and 5 take snaps on defense. Forget the fact that 5 only plays every other game due to targeting and 53 has a top gear that equals a vault.
Yup u are 1000% correct .. manny like richts Cares more about loyalty than actual talent. Which is y 3/6/8 are still out there playin like dis pee wee football. And the reason huff or brooks haven’t taken mccloud spot. See, there no problem with being loyal to certain players but manny also needs to Understand loyalty is what Costed richt and golden they’re jobs. Loyalty is fine and dandy but it can also be a *****

Last edited:
Advertisement
Pope was given his chance. He's done nothing. I don't want to get into the No. Dade/So. Dade stuff but proof is in the pudding..

Man watching Harley and Pope jump every time they go for a catch makes me irrationally mad. It's like they don't even want to try for YAC.

Advertisement
Agree with OP. We lose NOTHING by starting and giving most of the reps to the underclassmen. If we'd like to win 10 games this season, I don't know how we do that and still give the majority of snaps to our starting WR's.

Advertisement
Back