Time for the youth movement at WR

CanesAreAble

All-ACC
I've seen enough of Wiggins, Pope, and Harley.

They're our starting WRs, and they're all the same guy.

Great straight-line speed with nothing else. Shaky hands (at best), subpar route running, no body control, can't track the ball, and no dawg in 'em.

I'm hoping Keyshawn "Just Give Me the **** Ball" Smith makes a case for staying on the field. Have Wiggins/Pope/Harley ever made an adjustment on a ball like he did on the gadget play? He tracked the underthrown ball, turned his body and caught it with a defender closing in. Meanwhile, Wiggins is dropping deeps posts or getting love-tapped to the ground while the CB intercepts the ball.

Payton and Redding, too.

Are we really losing anything with them out there?

I'm not saying anything should be handed to them. I hope they're busting their *** off in practice.

But we need to find at least one "dude" at WR because this is ridiculous.

Ahmmon would've been eating last night.

Advertisement
Been saying for years that Pope, Harley and Wiggins ain’t it. Where is @brock to come defend his boys again.

I don’t give a **** if we don’t complete a pass next week, I want Redding, Smith, Restrepo and Payton to play major snaps.

I’m tired of seeing Pope get zero separation, Harley fall on the ground constantly and Wiggins play like a weak *** little kid and not compete for passes. It’s embarrassing these guys still get the lion share of reps. Get them off my tv!!!

I know alot of popular guys felt the scheme would help those guys and make them productive but they are what they are.. harley, pope and wiggins are jags of the most high.. you might can hide them as #3 or #4 types but no higher than that.. Aint no scheme alive can save those guys, they cant make plays, play soft, dont go after 50/50 balls, cry to ref every play they get pushed around..

Advertisement
These guys will be trotted out every week until they can't wear a college uniform anymore. Manny is that dude that will ride and die with his old head players.

It's the same reason you will continue to see 53 and 5 take snaps on defense. Forget the fact that 5 only plays every other game due to targeting and 53 has a top gear that equals a vault.

I’d rather have freshmen out there fighting to make a name for themselves than upperclassmen crying about being pimp slapped over the field by players that called them soft

Can we get a game recap?

Cooks, I got in a bit late last night and I didn't want to repeat what many others had said already, but I did post this:

Advertisement
Pope, Harley and Wiggins are are elite at blocking. Dugans taught them well. One problem- he forgot to teach them how catch and not be terrible at playing the WR position

Manny is too much of a players coach. One of his big downfalls. Needs to man up and bench all of them next week and start the freshman. At a minimum this sends a message to them and the whole team that no one jobs is safe...

But does anyone think Manny will do this? LOL

Advertisement
Likens is on it. Washington and Redding are proof. Him and Lashlee need to tell Manny to take a seat and let the younglings play.

you can't review this game tape of Clemson and lineup with 8,6 and 3 as your starters next game. Not if you want to win and have credibility with your team.

no chance you see wholesale changes from Manny midseason...what we got is what we got.
just circle any teams we play going ahead with good to great coaching...those will be our losses...EXACT same as last year, year before, etc etc

Advertisement
no chance you see wholesale changes from Manny midseason...what we got is what we got.
just circle any teams we play going ahead with good to great coaching...those will be our losses...EXACT same as last year, year before, etc etc

My concern is Pitt will have success running a similar defense.

We know what they're going to do.

They're going to be aggressive up front and see if you can beat their CBs in man coverage.

I have ZERO confidence in Wiggins/Pope/Harley.

I'm afraid we might start working in the young guys after an embarrassing loss.

Manny talks a good game about every position being up for grabs. We'll see. He benched Pope on PR duties, so maybe we'll see more of the young guys because that Clemson game screamed "open competition."

A lot of their trouble is on Our QB never our our WR in position to be successful.. he needs to learn to throw a back shoulder and put more air on his passes! Also We may need to invest in a WR coach he teaches receivers to fight through coverage

A lot of their trouble is on Our QB never our our WR in position to be successful.. he needs to learn to throw a back shoulder and put more air on his passes! Also We may need to invest in a WR coach he teaches receivers to fight through coverage

KIng had a bad game (as did Lashlee), but those were 50/50 balls, and the WRs were 0/100.

KIng had a bad game (as did Lashlee), but those were 50/50 balls, and the WRs were 0/100.
Do you remember the Mallory throw as well as the throw to Wiggins that was an interception those were clear back shoulder throws! That would have been big throws

Advertisement
Back