Tim Williams I hope he comes

Peter,

Why does LSU consider this kid a plan B option? Are we missing something here that the LSU staff doesn't like?

Advertisement
Peter,

Why does LSU consider this kid a plan B option? Are we missing something here that the LSU staff doesn't like?

I'm guessing its because Williams is a project. They have the luxury of taking more ready options.

I'm guessing its because Williams is a project.

Ok, that makes sense. But why are most ok with taking Williams as a project but against taking Coley on as a project? Limited scholarships in either case and maybe even Coley has a bigger upside.

Peter,

I'm guessing its because Williams is a project. They have the luxury of taking more ready options.

I wouldn't say Williams is a "project". He has a lot of ability and would benefit from a redshirt year, but that's not necessarily a project in my eyes. Williams is on the small side for LSU according to my source and they are higher on a couple of DE that they are still in the running for.

I'm guessing its because Williams is a project.

Ok, that makes sense. But why are most ok with taking Williams as a project but against taking Coley on as a project? Limited scholarships in either case and maybe even Coley has a bigger upside.

Because Coley's issues are different. Physical attributes are much easier to shape than attitude attributes, which is the case with Coley.

Advertisement
Williams is on the small side for LSU according to my source and they are higher on a couple of DE that they are still in the running for.

So he's plan B for them because of size and scheme and not necessarily talent?

We are definitely in it, but we may see the reverse Tracy Howard move pulled on us.

It is nearly impossible to get a kid out of Louisiana that LSU wants.

LSU doesn't want Dobbish?

No he wasn't offered

Bull****

He is ranked as the best overall athlete in that state according to all recruiting services

Until just recently that is. They dropped him when he committed. Was a four star

LSU never offered him. They were all in on Da'Sean Smith

I think its a good thing that Williams is coming for FSU weekend. If they beat the **** out of us, he's going to hear about it no matter where he is. FSU is our only chance to show him a semi-legit home game atmosphere, which is the biggest advantage the other schools have on us. I'd rather have him come here for FSU and see us lose in person in a packed house then come to NC State in front of 15k and still potentially see us lose, then see FSU beat us on TV.

Advertisement
We are definitely in it, but we may see the reverse Tracy Howard move pulled on us.

It is nearly impossible to get a kid out of Louisiana that LSU wants.

No he wasn't offered

Bull****

He is ranked as the best overall athlete in that state according to all recruiting services

Until just recently that is. They dropped him when he committed. Was a four star

Well you have been grossly misinformed. He was ranked as the #1 guy on one off brand site and that was it, but that ranking was paraded as pure gospel around all the different Canes sites. LSU has been high on D Smith, who has consistently been ranked higher. I really like Dobard, he is a big time pickup, but what you said is just not true. Im not saying Dobard isnt better, as I havent seen any of the LA kids play in person, but the notion that Dobard was ranked that high is just false.

Dobard is ranked ahead of Smith in da ESPN 150 and on scouts...always has been from da jump

No he wasn't offered

Bull****

Well you have been grossly misinformed. He was ranked as the #1 guy on one off brand site and that was it, but that ranking was paraded as pure gospel around all the different Canes sites. LSU has been high on D Smith, who has consistently been ranked higher. I really like Dobard, he is a big time pickup, but what you said is just not true. Im not saying Dobard isnt better, as I havent seen any of the LA kids play in person, but the notion that Dobard was ranked that high is just false.

Dobard is ranked ahead of Smith in da ESPN 150 and on scouts...always has been from da jump

I stand corrected.

Advertisement
Back