Tim Williams I hope he comes

Advertisement
I talked to my source on Williams a little while ago and he had this to say... LSU is on and off with him. Right now, they are recruiting him but there's a good chance they may back off again for whatever reason, and Williams recognizes that. He loves the attention Miami is giving him and doesn't like how LSU has been in and out of contact with him.

thanks for the clarification, much apperciated

We are definitely in it, but we may see the reverse Tracy Howard move pulled on us.

It is nearly impossible to get a kid out of Louisiana that LSU wants.

this is so true, kids out here dream of one thing and that's to play in Death Valley.

I talked to my source on Williams a little while ago and he had this to say... LSU is on and off with him. Right now, they are recruiting him but there's a good chance they may back off again for whatever reason, and Williams recognizes that. He loves the attention Miami is giving him and doesn't like how LSU has been in and out of contact with him.

they have an above average shot a greg gilmore...seems they covet him more...#s may b workin in our advantage concernin home team

Last edited:
One of the big reasons LSU didn't pursue him is because they thought they had a legit chance with Hatcher (Hatcher then committed to USC and it seems LSU turned up the heat short after on Williams)

Yes I'm aware his HS is on LSU's campus, but I got a feeling Williams knows he's a Plan B kid for LSU and that will keep us in the ball game.

Advertisement
One MAJOR thing that worries me over his recruitment... the guy's got a kid if I'm not mistaken. Usually takes a lot to pull a player away from home (meaning LSU and FSU are much closer options).

One MAJOR thing that worries me over his recruitment... the guy's got a kid if I'm not mistaken. Usually takes a lot to pull a player away from home (meaning LSU and FSU are much closer options).

This is correct. Very difficult situation for him when you have a child involved. We have a chance but gon be very difficult.

Not to threadjack, but does anybody have an opinion on some of the local DE options like Paul James, Stacy Thomas, Deandre Barnett, or the kid from Northwestern?

Advertisement
Couple things of concern for me here. This is supposed to be a top 50 national kid, yet the home team town, who also happens to have a great rep at identifying and developing talent on the DL is lukewarm on him?

Second is this kid is gonna need some time before he is ready to play, unless gains quality weight real fast. We need kids ready right away witb our DL situation.

Couple things of concern for me here. This is supposed to be a top 50 national kid, yet the home team town, who also happens to have a great rep at identifying and developing talent on the DL is lukewarm on him?

Second is this kid is gonna need some time before he is ready to play, unless gains quality weight real fast. We need kids ready right away witb our DL situation.

This. I don't think a lot of people realize that he will need time to make a big impact, he's not an instant impact kid. Somebody that has seen both him and Hoilett play countless times told me that Hoilett has the edge on him and that Williams is further away physically than what LSU wants.

This. I don't think a lot of people realize that he will need time to make a big impact, he's not an instant impact kid. Somebody that has seen both him and Hoilett play countless times told me that Hoilett has the edge on him and that Williams is further away physically than what LSU wants.

When comparing Williams to Holiett, you are referring to being ready physically not talent right? Either way, even if we are just talking about it from a physical standpoint, do we need another player like him when we already have two similar ones in Holiett and McCord from last year's class? Unless Williams is seriously a special talent, I think our limited schollys can be used on players of higher need.

Advertisement

When comparing Williams to Holiett, you are referring to being ready physically not talent right? Either way, even if we are just talking about it from a physical standpoint, do we need another player like him when we already have two similar ones in Holiett and McCord from last year's class? Unless Williams is seriously a special talent, I think our limited schollys can be used on players of higher need.

No, I'm not only talking about Hoilett and Williams from a physical standpoint, talent too. I have never seen Williams play in person, but the person who told me this has seen them both extensively.

I don't completely agree. We need to stockpile quality. How many freshmen out there can come in and make an immediate impact? Probably not many. And out of the ones that can, if we're not on them already, we probably don't have a great shot of pulling them.

If Williams is a player, recruit him and shirt him.

We recruited 7 d-linemen last year. Those guys should be able to make more of an impact next year. If we can find a stud JUCO player or two, sprinkle them in.

There really aren't any quick fixes for our d-line situation.

I don't completely agree. We need to stockpile quality. How many freshmen out there can come in and make an immediate impact? Probably not many. And out of the ones that can, if we're not on them already, we probably don't have a great shot of pulling them.

If Williams is a player, recruit him and shirt him.

We recruited 7 d-linemen last year. Those guys should be able to make more of an impact next year. If we can find a stud JUCO player or two, sprinkle them in.

There really aren't any quick fixes for our d-line situation.

Of course we have stockpile, but because we took so many at DL, including what appears to be two similar ones in Holiett and McCord, I think you consider passing. Especially when you consider all the other areas we need help in.

Advertisement

No, I'm not only talking about Hoilett and Williams from a physical standpoint, talent too. I have never seen Williams play in person, but the person who told me this has seen them both extensively.

Jimmy D speaks well of Hoilett...

Advertisement
Back