Tim Reynolds just said over local radio...

Advertisement
LOL, Enos was Bama's top target, but we're settling.

I’m taking the wait and see approach. Alabama has also had a lot of assistants who haven’t had success elsewhere.

Not knocking the guy I think he’ll be decent for ya. We won’t be 104th in offense

Advertisement
That Dan Enos was Diaz primary target from the beginning.
This was the hire we was looking to make all along hence why it took so long due to the NC game and other HR issures.
Says Enos and Hurts had good relationship but does not gaurantee he will come.

Alabama will now have something like 6 different OC in the last 32 games...lots of turnover at that position.

I for one am thrilled after watching Bama pluck away our coaches and recruits we finally gave them some payback!

Doesn't matter because the standard Remains the Same with Saban

This is a strange, out of nowhere hire. Not because I have a problem with Enos. But.. This is the only guy Manny has hired who he hadnt previously worked with. I'm just curious how his name got to Manny to begin with & why Manny felt he'd be better than everyone else he interviewed.
He watches College Football Live, all they talk about is BAMA

Advertisement
This is a strange, out of nowhere hire. Not because I have a problem with Enos. But.. This is the only guy Manny has hired who he hadnt previously worked with. I'm just curious how his name got to Manny to begin with & why Manny felt he'd be better than everyone else he interviewed.

This is an interesting point.

Advertisement
if it was anyone outside of bama or clemson's staff, i would think this was damage control. but manny was very clear in his intro press conference that this wouldn't be a fast hire, and then reiterated on radio that he had to wait until certain people were available. i'll give him the benefit of the doubt there.

that being said, i'm not particularly thrilled with the hire.

Available is in after NC game dust settles. LETS GO CANES! :stormwarningflag-sm:

So Bama was prepared to promote him but alot of you think he's a dud? I can't vouch for the guy as i don't know him. All i know is if you are getting coaches off Saban and Belicheck staff you are on the right path. I like that he runs a Ace back offense and has OC and HC experience, no more learning on the job stuff. I think the downers are down because he doesn't run a wide open spread offense. Like every hire, i will wait and see.

Advertisement
Has a coach ever hired someone and said "this was our 3rd choice, really wanted the guy from Clemson and the other guy but they both turned us down" in the history of college football?

No but they can give a generic, we are excited to have him, great leader, blah blah rah rah type of interview and not say he was our first choice.... Also, from all reports it looks like Bama was going to make him the OC when they could have went and got Applewhite, Fedora, or any other OC everyone on this board wanted. Be interesting to see who they get now.

Lost in all this is that both Bammer and Jawja wanted THIS guy as their OC.

The Klan still doesn’t have an OC, and whoever it ends up being, will be shackled by Saban into running a no-frills straight-ahead cloud-of-dust running offense.

The pups couldn’t get him either, so now they settle for Dale halfback-pass-in-the-snow Coley.

I’d say this so far looks like a win-win-win. I’m satisfied. Now they need to go win.

Advertisement
Back