Tim ice harris

a silent commitment is worthless...

So are the reassurances of a kid's coach.

Ice Harris isn't just some coach. Ice is more connected to UM than probably any other HS coach to any other team in the country.

If Harris tells the staff Kirkland is coming to UM then the staff should take his word. He's not going to say that for no reason. HS coaches in South Florida are father figures to these kids. It's almost the same as if the kid's own parent had told the staff he was coming.

Been reading your stuff all night. Whatever, man.

Advertisement
If ice Harris tels you the kid is good and going to Miami you take him at his word. There's no need to confront the kid and make him tell you to make yourself feel better. Ice Harris has a right to be ****ed. It's not just about pulling the kids schollie its also about having trust in ice Harris and not questioning his integrity. This better be a bomb *** DL, because long term this is going to hurt.

All these high school coaches, Ice Harris foremost among them, use Miami as their own personal exposure machine. They get Miami to offer, and some other school comes in and the kid switches his commitment. They tell Miami a kid is coming, even when they know he isn't, because having a Miami offer increases the amount of other offers and exposure they receive. They love Miami until SEC schools start flashing big dollars, and instead of telling these kids to do the right thing and stick with the guys who were on them first, who represent the school they really want to go to, they tell homie to go get paid. Remember Quinton Dunbar and that Chandler DT from Northwestern committing to us publicly without an offer? You think that those were games the kids were playing? These guys have been straight up using the program for years.

Then, when someone calls them out on their ****, they get mad and make it public. They expect all the loyalty in the world from us and offer none in return. One thing goes wrong and they throw a ****-fit. Meanwhile, they hold us to a higher standard than any other school they deal with (just like the NCAA).

These guys need to ****ing stop, look in the mirror, and reevaluate their whole **** and their entire way of doing things.[/QUOTE

Has Ice ever truly "helped" us before??

I have a feeling that kirkland and thomas go to the same school in which coach harris will have a job at next year as long as he brings chad thomas - treon harris. This is over not being retained by the miami staff. I knew this would happen.

If ice Harris tels you the kid is good and going to Miami you take him at his word. There's no need to confront the kid and make him tell you to make yourself feel better. Ice Harris has a right to be ****ed. It's not just about pulling the kids schollie its also about having trust in ice Harris and not questioning his integrity. This better be a bomb *** DL, because long term this is going to hurt.

""He's hurt; I think he's extremely hurt -- upset," Harris described. "I think, as a kid, he looked at Miami as a place that he wanted to go to growing up. You know, being a couple days away from possibly signing to the school that he's liked all these years -- but he wasn't ready to commit yet, because there were two other schools he liked, and he wanted to be completely sure. He's had this signing day announcement for a long time now on ESPN. It wasn't a surprise to anyone that he was waiting until then, but they got a commitment from a defensive lineman. It hurt, but he's got to pick up the pieces the best he can and realize that it just wasn't in the cards for him."

How can Ice Harris tell UM DK is coming to UM for sure and then say the quote above. He's talking out of both sides of his mouth.
Yep.

"I think, as a kid, he looked at Miami as a place that he wanted to go to growing up. Why not commit(silent) to the coaches?

"because there were two other schools he liked"... One of them being FSU?!?

Talk about a bunch of contradictions...

Meanwhile, I kid like Gall came from Ohio, commit, never hesitates and is recruiting for The U for months.

As much as I love gall, to be fair people have to,stop using him as an example, I'd love to see how much he loves Miami if he had offers from Bama, fsu, notre dame, ole mi$$, LSU, and Ohio state

Gall had offers from: Miami, WVU, Pitt, UNC,LVille, Kentucky, FSU, etc.

Golden Al is stirring us away from the bullshyt that got us to become mediocre in the first place. Bottom line...you NEVER let the inmates RUN the asylum. If DK was all about the U, why couldn't he privately just tell them that he was coming. Not a lot to ask for when you're only six days away from signing day. These aren't the days anymore when recruits would troll us on National Signing Day (ie., throw our hat on the floor, put it on and take it off for another hat, etc). Either you roll with us and represent this U or you're our sworn enemy. There's no middle ground.
+10000
No More BULL****

Advertisement
a silent commitment is worthless...

Ice Harris isn't just some coach. Ice is more connected to UM than probably any other HS coach to any other team in the country.

If Harris tells the staff Kirkland is coming to UM then the staff should take his word. He's not going to say that for no reason. HS coaches in South Florida are father figures to these kids. It's almost the same as if the kid's own parent had told the staff he was coming.

You obviously don't get it. Why in God's name would Ice say that he was coming and then Denver say, "you're in the top 3"
...and then say this:

""He's hurt; I think he's extremely hurt -- upset," Harris described. "I think, as a kid, he looked at Miami as a place that he wanted to go to growing up. You know, being a couple days away from possibly signing to the school that he's liked all these years -- but he wasn't ready to commit yet, because there were two other schools he liked, and he wanted to be completely sure. He's had this signing day announcement for a long time now on ESPN. It wasn't a surprise to anyone that he was waiting until then, but they got a commitment from a defensive lineman. It hurt, but he's got to pick up the pieces the best he can and realize that it just wasn't in the cards for him."

Not ready to commit yet even though the kid himself stated in an interview that on Febuary 1st that he would silently let the school that he would be commiting to know that he was coming so that the other schools recruiting him could then make other plans? So the kid and coach say they are bummed because UM didn't let them know ahead of time that there was a deadline in place for his commitment but I guess it was ok for them to not let the coaching staff know ahead of time that Denver would not be sticking to the deadline he had set for himself, thereby leaving that roster spot in limbo. Kid and his coach should have afforded us the same respect and consideration that they feel that they deserved...

You obviously don't get it. Why in God's name would Ice say that he was coming and then Denver say, "you're in the top 3"
...and then say this:

Not ready to commit yet even though the kid himself stated in an interview that on Febuary 1st that he would silently let the school that he would be commiting to know that he was coming so that the other schools recruiting him could then make other plans? So the kid and coach say they are bummed because UM didn't let them know ahead of time that there was a deadline in place for his commitment but I guess it was ok for them to not let the coaching staff know ahead of time that Denver would not be sticking to the deadline he had set for himself, thereby leaving that roster spot in limbo. Kid and his coach should have afforded us the same respect and consideration that they feel that they deserved...

Money post. ^

Ice Harris is sour because Shannon got fired so is Luther Cambell end of story both dont see eye to eye with AG and would rather attempt to sell kid otherwise in a chance to undermine the current staff.

Ice Harris is sour because Shannon got fired so is Luther Cambell end of story both dont see eye to eye with AG and would rather attempt to sell kid otherwise in a chance to undermine the current staff.

unfortunately this is the absolute truth. they wanna undermine the staff to make them look bad in an attempt to further their "this coach sucks, and we should've kept shannon rhetoric"

Advertisement

unfortunately this is the absolute truth. they wanna undermine the staff to make them look bad in an attempt to further their "this coach sucks, and we should've kept shannon rhetoric"

I know with Luke this is the case... I think Ice just feels disrespected and lashed out. Kirkland is a moron if he really told Barrow your in our top 3. You would figure he would at least be honest (behind the scenes) with the school he was supposedly attending.

...and then say this:

Money post. ^

This. Harris is full of isht. I stopped listening to that interview he did with Joe Rose sucking up to him about halfway through. The BS was laughable.

Advertisement
Back