Tim ice harris

If ice Harris tels you the kid is good and going to Miami you take him at his word. There's no need to confront the kid and make him tell you to make yourself feel better. Ice Harris has a right to be ****ed. It's not just about pulling the kids schollie its also about having trust in ice Harris and not questioning his integrity. This better be a bomb *** DL, because long term this is going to hurt.

""He's hurt; I think he's extremely hurt -- upset," Harris described. "I think, as a kid, he looked at Miami as a place that he wanted to go to growing up. You know, being a couple days away from possibly signing to the school that he's liked all these years -- but he wasn't ready to commit yet, because there were two other schools he liked, and he wanted to be completely sure. He's had this signing day announcement for a long time now on ESPN. It wasn't a surprise to anyone that he was waiting until then, but they got a commitment from a defensive lineman. It hurt, but he's got to pick up the pieces the best he can and realize that it just wasn't in the cards for him."

How can Ice Harris tell UM DK is coming to UM for sure and then say the quote above. He's talking out of both sides of his mouth.
Yep.

"I think, as a kid, he looked at Miami as a place that he wanted to go to growing up. Why not commit(silent) to the coaches?

"because there were two other schools he liked"... One of them being FSU?!?

Talk about a bunch of contradictions...

Meanwhile, I kid like Gall came from Ohio, commit, never hesitates and is recruiting for The U for months.

As much as I love gall, to be fair people have to,stop using him as an example, I'd love to see how much he loves Miami if he had offers from Bama, fsu, notre dame, ole mi$$, LSU, and Ohio state

Advertisement
If ice Harris tels you the kid is good and going to Miami you take him at his word. There's no need to confront the kid and make him tell you to make yourself feel better. Ice Harris has a right to be ****ed. It's not just about pulling the kids schollie its also about having trust in ice Harris and not questioning his integrity. This better be a bomb *** DL, because long term this is going to hurt.

this...

Yep. People just see it as owing Kirkland and Thomas. You lose Thomas and whatever **** prospects are coming out of Booker T next year. Ice is the MAN down there, and alot of families/players will take his word on the situation so you might lose tho players as well. Central, Jackson, Carol City,etc.....

this...

What kind of soft mentality is this? Is Ice Harris the one who is going to sign the Letter of Intent? Antoine Smith's own mom didn't know he was going to FSU. If Kirkland wanted to be a Cane and had no grade issues, all he had to say was hold my spot but I don't want it leaked out. Ice Harris isn't ruler of all. He can't make Kirkland do anything.

a silent commitment is worthless...

""He's hurt; I think he's extremely hurt -- upset," Harris described. "I think, as a kid, he looked at Miami as a place that he wanted to go to growing up. You know, being a couple days away from possibly signing to the school that he's liked all these years -- but he wasn't ready to commit yet, because there were two other schools he liked, and he wanted to be completely sure. He's had this signing day announcement for a long time now on ESPN. It wasn't a surprise to anyone that he was waiting until then, but they got a commitment from a defensive lineman. It hurt, but he's got to pick up the pieces the best he can and realize that it just wasn't in the cards for him."

How can Ice Harris tell UM DK is coming to UM for sure and then say the quote above. He's talking out of both sides of his mouth.
Yep.

"I think, as a kid, he looked at Miami as a place that he wanted to go to growing up. Why not commit(silent) to the coaches?

"because there were two other schools he liked"... One of them being FSU?!?

Talk about a bunch of contradictions...

Meanwhile, I kid like Gall came from Ohio, commit, never hesitates and is recruiting for The U for months.

As much as I love gall, to be fair people have to,stop using him as an example, I'd love to see how much he loves Miami if he had offers from Bama, fsu, notre dame, ole mi$$, LSU, and Ohio state
I will not stop using him as an example...

The only concrete thing is that he visited, fell in love and commited. Never created any drama and was always recruiting for Miami.

For me is enough...

this...

What kind of soft mentality is this? Is Ice Harris the one who is going to sign the Letter of Intent? Antoine Smith's own mom didn't know he was going to FSU. If Kirkland wanted to be a Cane and had no grade issues, all he had to say was hold my spot but I don't want it leaked out. Ice Harris isn't ruler of all. He can't make Kirkland do anything.

That's a separate issue all together. The fact of the matter is that they do happen and I'm sure that Kirkland had the option to do so.

Advertisement

this...

So is a verbal commitment. Theyre both non-binding.

this...

So is a verbal commitment. Theyre both non-binding.

exactly....which means the new hirers most likely didnt like him as a prospect...if both r non-binding...how u give his spot 2 a silent commit

All these high school coaches, Ice Harris foremost among them, use Miami as their own personal exposure machine. They get Miami to offer, and some other school comes in and the kid switches his commitment. They tell Miami a kid is coming, even when they know he isn't, because having a Miami offer increases the amount of other offers and exposure they receive. They love Miami until SEC schools start flashing big dollars, and instead of telling these kids to do the right thing and stick with the guys who were on them first, who represent the school they really want to go to, they tell homie to go get paid. Remember Quinton Dunbar and that Chandler DT from Northwestern committing to us publicly without an offer? You think that those were games the kids were playing? These guys have been straight up using the program for years.

Then, when someone calls them out on their ****, they get mad and make it public. They expect all the loyalty in the world from us and offer none in return. One thing goes wrong and they throw a *****-fit. Meanwhile, they hold us to a higher standard than any other school they deal with (just like the NCAA).

These guys need to ******* stop, look in the mirror, and reevaluate their whole **** and their entire way of doing things.

Last edited:
Advertisement
SFLA cant get its **** together. If its obvious that if the talent stays home it's a perpetual dynasty, why don't they?

/levity

bc so many coaches and players down there are selfish and want THEIR MOMENT and will get away just to try and prove it

why didn't UM offer this other DL and keep DK scholarship offer ...if he doesn't qualify we don't have to worry about the spot anyway...then its the clearinghouse's fault and not ours

So are the reassurances of a kid's coach.

Ice Harris isn't just some coach. Ice is more connected to UM than probably any other HS coach to any other team in the country.

If Harris tells the staff Kirkland is coming to UM then the staff should take his word. He's not going to say that for no reason. HS coaches in South Florida are father figures to these kids. It's almost the same as if the kid's own parent had told the staff he was coming.

Advertisement

Ice Harris isn't just some coach. Ice is more connected to UM than probably any other HS coach to any other team in the country.

If Harris tells the staff Kirkland is coming to UM then the staff should take his word. He's not going to say that for no reason. HS coaches in South Florida are father figures to these kids. It's almost the same as if the kid's own parent had told the staff he was coming.

You obviously don't get it. Why in God's name would Ice say that he was coming and then Denver say, "you're in the top 3"

You obviously don't get it. Why in God's name would Ice say that he was coming and then Denver say, "you're in the top 3"
...and then say this:

I get what you're saying but that's just not the case. So ice says Kirkland is going to Miami but Kirkland says you're in my top 3? How exactly as a coaching staff are you supposed to feel comfortable with that. And if the UM staff didn't feel comfortable with Ice's word it could be because they knew something he didn't. We just don't have enough info.

Advertisement
Yo, 305, let's kick it!

Ice ice Harris
Ice ice Harris
All right stop
Take a seat and listen
Ice is out with his bullsh*t rendition
Claims his boy was all orange and green
Shouting like a mad man "UM corches are mean"
Will it ever stop?
Yo, I don't know
Some of his boys got lost in the show
To the extreme they play this game like a vandal
But when the chips fall the results they cant handle
TROLL!
You had nine months, time come around too soon?
Sorry to tell you that there ain't no more room
Deadly, when you thought you played the right hand
You weren't number one, take your lumps like a man
With us? Against us?
Kept Canes at bay
You missed the bull's eye
Golden don't play
If there is a problem
YOU caused it
Check out the U while Al Golden evolves it

Ice ice baby Tim Harris
Full of sh*t baby Al Called Your
Bluff ice baby UM's no
B*tch ice baby Tim Harris

Yo man, let's get out of here
Word to your mother

(yes, way too much time on my hands tonight, and way to sick of bull sh*t in recruiting, yes you Mr. Harris. Your boy commits, there is no drama today)

Last edited:

Stop. Who is Ice Harris? He is a high school football coach. We are recruiting his player, Denver Kirkland. If Denver is so god**** upset about not being able to go to UM then why couldn't he just do as the coaches asked and publically commit? It is all bull****. Why didn't he commit 2 months ago? It is very simple, if the kids have the luxury of shopping their services, then the school has the luxury of telling the kid to kick rocks if they find someone to take his spot. You get a job offer that you want...you take it. Plain and simple. Stop with this Ice Harris word is this or that. It is all a bull**** game. And for Ice Harris to say he is helping UM? Seriously! Why the **** are these kids even visiting FSU! ******* FSU!!!!!!

Last edited:

Actually he is just a high school coach.
How is he connected to Miami more so than say Donnell Bennett or Steve Walsh.
He didn't play at Miami, his kids did.
He doesn't exactly steer all his players to Miami.
If you can name me 5 kids from BTW that signed LOI's with Miami under his watch at BTW I'd be very surprised.

Oh, he worked for us doing who knows what when his kid was at Miami, then was mutually separated when his kid went to the draft.

Not much of a connection.

Golden Al is stirring us away from the bullshyt that got us to become mediocre in the first place. Bottom line...you NEVER let the inmates RUN the asylum. If DK was all about the U, why couldn't he privately just tell them that he was coming. Not a lot to ask for when you're only six days away from signing day. These aren't the days anymore when recruits would troll us on National Signing Day (ie., throw our hat on the floor, put it on and take it off for another hat, etc). Either you roll with us and represent this U or you're our sworn enemy. There's no middle ground.

Advertisement
Back