Tim Burns mom comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I don't follow HS prospects as much as many of you do, so I really couldn't give an opinion of how good/sorry Tim Burns is and whether he's good enough to contribute at Miami. But it's a huge concern for me to hear we've dropped our only committed CB in the 2021 who also happens to be local and from arguably our #1 feeder school. And to add insult to injury sounds crazy to me to be doing it this late in the game too.

:snoopfacepalm:

Hopefully, Burns is able to find a quality football program that's looking for a CB in 2021.

If this kid was actually dropped, then—-at best—- the execution was mishandled. Even if you have other more talented corners ready to commit, dropping a kid at a position of need at this point (from THIS school) is simply not smart, both from an optics and roster management perspective. Not a good look at best, and inexcusable at worst. Either way, yikes.

Advertisement
was just on ig live -- him and miami are done- for good...said he thought he bleed orange and green too---we dropped him .. Rumph is the worst
Rumph’s a bad recruiter but if this is true that we dropped him this late, I can’t see Rumph making that call. We’re probably better off waiting to see what comes of all this.

This
For who ?????

I’m all for OOS kids but Covington isn’t worth messing with an equally talented kid from a **** pipeline school

Paul Williams recruited better. Smh

Only Miami isn't allowed to drop a local kid

One month before NSD when he’s been committed forever? That’d be just idiotic.
That's my issue with it. All I hear is the local kids aren't loyal to the home team.

Bruh we even have insiders split on this - what is going on
Blink 182 Reaction GIF
We have insiders?

Advertisement
Tim Burns has the heart that we need - He is a hurricane - He has the culture - He is Miami

F Rumph --- We all need to figure out how to get him back IDAF we have to
Not disagreeing but to be fair, ppl said the same about Bandy

Rumph’s a bad recruiter but if this is true that we dropped him this late, I can’t see Rumph making that call. We’re probably better off waiting to see what comes of all this.

I think people aren’t so mad at Rumph for dropping this kid ( it probably isn’t his decision ) but the fact that there is not one signed CB on the commit list . Also there is absolutely no faith that he will even sign one.

Last edited:
Paul Williams recruited better. Smh
YOU ALL JUST REFUSE TO BELIEVE MANDY PICKS AND CHOOSES WHO WE RECRUIT ON DEFENSE HUH... almost sad how out of touch this crowd is with reality. All the blame gets put on baker for game calling too. They been calling the defense together since midway through last season. For some reason MANDY is the one individual y'all simply refuse to ever hold accountable. Guess it's something about cubans in miami or used car salesmen...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bandy turned out to be a pretty good player for us. So what do you mean?
Bandy was pretty good for us? Oh... Well my opinion was he was slightly better than average. Mainly because I think he was playing out of position. He should have been a nickle corner. But if you think he was good then I won't argue your opinion.

YOU ALL JUST REFUSE TO BELIEVE MANDY PICKS AND CHOOSES WHO WE RECRUIT ON DEFENSE HUH... almost sad how out of touch this crowd is with reality. All the blame gets put on baker for game calling too. They been calling the defense together since midway through last season. For some reason MANDY is the one individual y'all simply refuse to ever hold accountable. Guess it's something about cubans in miami or used car salesmen...
In fairness, plenty of folks here have been calling manny out since his clown show started.

Do you see him “tweaking” the defensive staff this offseason?

The strangest thing with our defensive recruiting going back to Manny as DC is how bad we have been at managing a couple of spots (LB and CB) and not others (S and DE), development aside. These depth and talent issues you could see from a mile down the road and nothing was really done to rectify them. You look at how many portal guys he has taken over the last couple of years but never got one to help at CB or LB. It’s really bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back