Tim Burns mom comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Says the guy who's opining for Rumph in year 5 after a person with a normal functioning brain (not you) can see he sucks as a position coach. Regardless of the circumstances and what has happened behind the scenes, why is it every cycle we find CB recruiting in this exact state?

What is "opining for Rumph in year 5"?

You should look up words in the dictionary before you type them.

Advertisement
You have been on fire in this thread. Its amazing how folks on here "refuse" or better yet choose not to believe what is obvious. Keep doing the good work.

This dude has been talking mad S about UM for years while hiding behind 3-4 diff screen names but had no qualms about dropping info about his nephew and was openly bragging here about him leaving for ASU midseason. He's on some vindictive ex **** so apply that truth filter.

I can reach out in that direction. I just don’t get Manny offering him the DC job when he clearly favors his buddies or why Rumph would turn it down. It doesn’t add up. Just like with Burns. It doesn’t add up. A lot of this makes no sense. We either have a boy genius coach running circles around everyone before they know what hit em or a total clusterfûck. I know where you stand on that. My gut says the same thing but I’m trying not to get sucked into that downward spiral.

We have mixed views on what's going on within the program, on the defensive side of the ball and with Burns. Regardless, neither view looks particularly good. Manny needs to be a true HC and give up control of the defense, which means bringing in an actual DC worth a ****. None of this "yes man" crap.

As far as Rumph, I'm sure Dee is right about the situation with Diaz and Rumph. I'm not going to feel bad for Rumph though. If you don't like being micromanaged and are fed up, leave. Find another position where you feel you'll be successful. If you feel you can only get a similar role at a D-II school, then do it. Build up your network and move on. What's the point of staying if you know you'll eventually fail in the position you're being put in?

What is "opining for Rumph in year 5"?

You should look up words in the dictionary before you type them.

You're holding up Rumph as someone who should be free of criticism and that your opinion is a matter of fact. Anyone that disagrees is a moron.

Now, go fck yourself.

I can reach out in that direction. I just don’t get Manny offering him the DC job when he clearly favors his buddies or why Rumph would turn it down. It doesn’t add up. Just like with Burns. It doesn’t add up. A lot of this makes no sense. We either have a boy genius coach running circles around everyone before they know what hit em and all of a sudden he’s going to spring out as some elite leader like a jack in the box with a super secret plan to take over CFB and say “ha!!!” or we have a total clusterfûck and a half. I know where you stand on that. My gut says the same thing but I’m trying not to get sucked into that downward spiral.
Im not gonna keep feeding that demon as it's counter productive. Like I said just ask that and any other amusing stories that have pope up in the last six to 8 months. Than we can share the amusement out the misery. Your call.

Advertisement
You're holding up Rumph as someone who should be free of criticism and that your opinion is a matter of fact. Anyone that disagrees is a moron.

Now, go fck yourself.

You are delusional. We might need to Baker Act you.

I have not, nor have I ever "held up Rumph as someone who should be free of criticism".

What a clown response from you.

We have mixed views on what's going on within the program, on the defensive side of the ball and with Burns. Regardless, neither view looks particularly good. Manny needs to be a true HC and give up control of the defense, which means bringing in an actual DC worth a ****. None of this "yes man" crap.

As far as Rumph, I'm sure Dee is right about the situation with Diaz and Rumph. I'm not going to feel bad for Rumph though. If you don't like being micromanaged and are fed up, leave. Find another position where you feel you'll be successful. If you feel you can only get a similar role at a D-II school, then do it. Build up your network and move on. What's the point of staying if you know you'll eventually fail in the position you're being put in?
All of this. The optics right now with Burns look bad. I don’t know what happened so I’m literally just hoping there’s something crazy. Like I don’t think we should’ve strung this kid from this school from this family along if that’s what happened. That’s why I’m just waiting to see what shakes out.

And I was thinking about Rumph and this whole thing earlier today. Why would he stay in a situation with a coach who’s constantly doing things to guarantee his failure?

Advertisement

Nothing but a paycheck. But when you have a large family. Have trouble saying no & mismanaged your nest egg than that decent paycheck is pretty hard to say no to.

All of this. The optics right now with Burns look bad. I don’t know what happened so I’m literally just hoping there’s something crazy. Like I don’t think we should’ve strung this kid from this school from this family along if that’s what happened. That’s why I’m just waiting to see what shakes out.

And I was thinking about Rumph and this whole thing earlier today. Why would he stay in a situation with a coach who’s constantly doing things to guarantee his failure?
I wouldn't doubt that Manny's micromanaging Rumph. ****, could be the root cause into Rumph's recruiting woes if we want to reach. But, he choses to stay. Michael Barrow was in a similar position under Golden's staff in recognizing a doomed scenario. He bounced and moved on so he wouldn't sink with the titanic.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is the standard getting your position group in the nfl as 5th,6th,7th round draft picks or udfa? The scheme is what outs these kids in a position to get drafted in spite of the bartender who fails to ever coach any of them up. Just the same as the scheme capitalizes on de as well. Just hold all coaches to the same standard if you choose to ignore the extra crap. By the way quite a few of those kids have the talent where if their position coach did the job they were hired for and coached them up,then in this scheme they could've easily been first day picks. But let's ignore that fact since it doesn't fit the narrative.
Nobody is saying that Banda is a great coach but the original mope basically said his guys stink and don't get better.

Several did get better and several have actually made careers in the NFL when most thought they wouldn't including Colbert, Redwine, Jenkins, etc. Maybe thats 100% a testament to the players but maybe just maybe Banda has something to do with it.

Now that he has actually recruited to a higher level from the 3* and low 4* guys to the upper 4* and 5* guys we will see if he can step up his game as well. He's also only 40 years old. Corey Raymond that everyone slobbers over is 51.

A80A547F-3B2B-4F19-919E-A813D78DA469.gif

I’ve mentioned this sentiment in a previous thread but I think it’s worth repeating.

When Manny was named HC (whatever the circumstances were) the obvious elephant in the room was the offense. His defense had been more than serviceable the 3 years he was DC. He didn’t have a lot of time to make changes to the staff and probably went with choices that were limited at best.

Obviously, those first O changes were a dumpster fire. Manny realized this and wasted little time in making another change. So far, those changes seem to bearing fruit.

For reasons stated in multiple threads and posts here and from results on the field, it’s obvious the D has regressed. At the end of this season, Manny will need to decide if his D is living up to his “standard” and make any necessary changes to improve the performance of HIS D.

It’ll be very telling whether or not he makes any changes to the D staff.

I wouldn't doubt that Manny's micromanaging Rumph. ****, could be the root cause into Rumph's recruiting woes if we want to reach. But, he choses to stay. Michael Barrow was in a similar position under Golden's staff in recognizing a doomed scenario. He bounced and moved on so he wouldn't sink with the titanic.
Mikey also made some very good investments during and after a lucrative nfl career that allowed him to do so. Y'all don't walk in the next man's shoes. Not everything is as simple as black or white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back