Tim Burns mom comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baloney, look at the guys he recruited. I don't credit him for Redwine, Jenkins, Johnson (as previously stated). How was his stellar development with Knowles or how's Amari Carter's going?
Knowles was a 5th year senior, not recruited by Banda, yet in his last year turned into one of the better players on the defense.

Amari Carter grew out of safety and even then he'll still likely be playing on Sundays.

Advertisement
Knowles was a 5th year senior, not recruited by Banda, yet in his last year turned into one of the better players on the defense.

Amari Carter grew out of safety and even then he'll still likely be playing on Sundays.

Doesn’t give credit for Redwine a CB who converted to safety under Banda but wants to use Knowles as an example to **** on him

if it was that bad he would leave for another job. Why does he stay if he is that good of a coach and manny has him handcuffed?
It's hard to leave for a comparable job without a recommendation or coaching connections unless you have some serious street cred. Since this is his first college job, I can see him trying to build up his resume. His problem is with the whatever's going on within the staff, he can't claim So Fla recruiting connections and the play of CBs have regressed since Richt left.

Knowles played 4 years under Banda and became serviceable his 5th year. He wasn't close to one of the better players.

Carter is not much different than when he first came here. Where's his development? I never wish ill for a Cane so I hope he makes it to the NFL. If he does, he'll be another instance where someone will claim they developed better once that became pros than when they were at UM.

I guess we are lucky Leonard Taylor is coming
Yea we need talents like that not hidden gem or last minute guys. For some reason some of the biased fan base (not everyone) react out of control when we find a late signee. U hear the we flipped him or they talk themselves into thinking the player is amazing while watching the film 10 times in a row. With a cool beat in the background they watch the tape.....**** DBC can look cool coming out the smoke in SLO mo with imagine dragons or trick daddy or some **** on in the back round

They are basically looking for one play where that player tripped someone up by a shoelace....then they say omg we have a gem this guy is legit I don't get why no one offered.

Well I'll tell u why no one offered.

Advertisement
Stop acting like a moron.

"Do you know who made the decision?" Are you ******* serious? If Manny didn't sign-off on this, he would have called Burns' mama about 5 minutes later to smooth things over.

Yeah, Rumph did this all on his own. I honestly cannot believe some of the stupidity that I see on this thread.

Yeah, Rumph told Manny "Burns is no longer interested", and then Manny did nothing when Mama Bear Burns **** all over us on the interwebz. That's EXACTLY how it happened.

Oh my lord, "the temperature of the recruits". Manny was a DC, Manny is the HC, Manny tried to fire Rumph twice, but Rumph is a rogue assassin who is telling Manny to drop the ONLY cornerback commit that we have.

Makes sense. To a ******* moron.

Says the guy who's opining for Rumph in year 5 after a person with a normal functioning brain (not you) can see he sucks as a position coach. Regardless of the circumstances and what has happened behind the scenes, why is it every cycle we find CB recruiting in this exact state?

And he could’ve had the position above the one that he has but he didn’t want it so now he’s paying the price or something???
Since I'm getting the feeling u think I'm wrong or lying about that than do me a favor please and ask your family member the truth of the situation as he's more than clear on what the truth is. Thanks

If Diaz really doesn't trust Rumph enough to pick his cbs but yet thought highly enough of him to make him his DC.Then Diaz is running a ****show.
That's what I've gathered. How's Rumph being offered the DC position? Yet, you're not even allowing him to decide and have input on who to recruit?

Knowles played 4 years under Banda and became serviceable his 5th year. He wasn't close to one of the better players.

Carter is not much different than when he first came here. Where's his development? I never wish ill for a Cane so I hope he makes it to the NFL. If he does, he'll be another instance where someone will claim they developed better once that became pros than when they were at UM.
Completely changing the discussion is one way to "win" I guess.

Bottom line is Banda has recruited better than anyone on the staff and every one of his starters is in the NFL.

Your original post was just lame.

Advertisement
Yeah but that was also after COVID happened which to be honest definitely is helping these players stay home...also we got them to commit..why would Manny turn down a highly rated Cb when that alone would’ve gave us so much momentum coming off that crap season
People can't have their cake and eat it too. Covid has been huge in this class but do u think national elite kids don't still have the same options? They simply have their families applying far more pressure. I told y'all why he didn't want to get in on them. Because of the expense involved in recruiting them AND the concern locally in the blueprint of prioritizing locals first and foremost. He also believes certain positions are simply scheme fits.

So has every other teams...notre dame squeaked by louisville...but they should definitely fire everyone mid season because of it right?

So if he doesn't make changes this off-season I get it... until then these porsts are pointless.

Notre Dame under Brian Kelly has a pattern of success that exists out of this season. Manny doesn't. My point was that Manny hasn't shown great improvement as I'm still seeing a lot of issues that exist from last season regarding culture and what he allows.

True but his coaching has also been abysmal. Hall has regressed since last year. Bolden has regressed from FSU/Clemson. People point to Jaquan Johnson but he has a high football IQ. Anyone on this board could have coached him.

Point is that Banda at least brings something to the table. He may not be a great coach, but at least he's bringing in talent. Rumph isn't bringing in talent and his position group has regressed in terms of development.

Advertisement
Literally every safety Banda has coached is in the NFL and several are starters.

Just take your L and don't die on this hill of stupidity.

:rustled:
Is the standard getting your position group in the nfl as 5th,6th,7th round draft picks or udfa? The scheme is what outs these kids in a position to get drafted in spite of the bartender who fails to ever coach any of them up. Just the same as the scheme capitalizes on de as well. Just hold all coaches to the same standard if you choose to ignore the extra crap. By the way quite a few of those kids have the talent where if their position coach did the job they were hired for and coached them up,then in this scheme they could've easily been first day picks. But let's ignore that fact since it doesn't fit the narrative.

Point is that Banda at least brings something to the table. He may not be a great coach, but at least he's bringing in talent. Rumph isn't bringing in talent and his position group has regressed in terms of development.
But but but mike's cbs are in the league too. Several of them are starters on **** good defenses also.

Is the standard getting your position group in the nfl as 5th,6th,7th round draft picks or udfa? The scheme is what outs these kids in a position to get drafted in spite of the bartender who fails to ever coach any of them up. Just the same as the scheme capitalizes on de as well. Just hold all coaches to the same standard if you choose to ignore the extra crap. By the way quite a few of those kids have the talent where if their position coach did the job they were hired for and coached them up,then in this scheme they could've easily been first day picks. But let's ignore that fact since it doesn't fit the narrative.
You have been on fire in this thread. Its amazing how folks on here "refuse" or better yet choose not to believe what is obvious. Keep doing the good work.

Advertisement
Since I'm getting the feeling u think I'm wrong or lying about that than do me a favor please and ask your family member the truth of the situation as he's more than clear on what the truth is. Thanks
I can reach out in that direction. I just don’t get Manny offering him the DC job when he clearly favors his buddies or why Rumph would turn it down. It doesn’t add up. Just like with Burns. It doesn’t add up. A lot of this makes no sense. We either have a boy genius coach running circles around everyone before they know what hit em and all of a sudden he’s going to spring out as some elite leader like a jack in the box with a super secret plan to take over CFB and say “ha!!!” or we have a total clusterfûck and a half. I know where you stand on that. My gut says the same thing but I’m trying not to get sucked into that downward spiral.

And want to be clear, I'm in no way absolving Banda as I think there are upgrades at position coaches at every position on the defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back