Other Sports Tiger Woods

Advertisement
Great to see Tiger out there! Personally I always like it when it rains right before or during a tournament. I like it when greens are actually green. The course is beautiful as always. As an x super, nothing I hate more than burning up greens for mORe SpEEd BRo!! Lol I hated golfers, I just wanted to make it look like a park, fish in the ponds, and walk around looking for sharks teeth.

Yeah I always heard 7,8 & 9 Irons on watered greens will kill your backspin.
When watered correctly, it actually helps. Hard greens don’t immediately spin back, they normally bounce or skip, which obviously cuts down on backspin, and then spins back. When greens are softer and not wet enough to cause a ball to skip, they’ll catch and spin back.

This is why when greens are softer, guys attack flags. Rollout is decreased and they can control the spin a lot more. Easiest way to test the theory, is morning vs afternoon scores. It’s not a perfect comparison, especially at majors, bc every course and day is different. But as long as the weather is good early tee times are favorable in most cases. Wind and sun dries out and hardens greens throughout the day.

As long as he makes it to Saturday within 5 shots he’ll have a legit chance to hawk down the rest of the field come Sunday.

His putting looks good today, up until he just slightly missed a Par on 14, but otherwise he’s putting very well.

He’s just spraying it a little all over the fairway, but you can tell he’s trying not to strain his back out too much.
Yeah man I was super impressed

He was coming up short with some irons but some of those par putts were major clutch with all that rust

He had some unlucky breaks with the changing conditions but he really looked good for the most part

Super exciting

Advertisement
I Love Tiger as well.....But Jack was a Bad MFer in his own right.....
Yep. And Arnie was charismatic, led the way in making golf ‘cool’. Modest upbringing. Smoker until later in life, and was quite a drinker.

62 titles, including 7 majors in 6 year peak.

His estate was valued at $875M when he passed away in 2016.

Palmer, Nicklaus, and Gary Player were the ‘Big Three’ in the 1960s and made golf more popular and accessible to the middle and working classes through public courses.

1649385972251.jpeg

Yep. And Arnie was charismatic, led the way in making golf ‘cool’. Modest upbringing. Smoker until later in life, and was quite a drinker.

62 titles, including 7 majors in 6 year peak.

His estate was valued at $875M when he passed away in 2016.

Palmer, Nicklaus, and Gary Player were the ‘Big Three’ in the 1960s and made golf more popular and accessible to the middle and working classes through public courses.

View attachment 181280
and his drink is eternal.

When watered correctly, it actually helps. Hard greens don’t immediately spin back, they normally bounce or skip, which obviously cuts down on backspin, and then spins back. When greens are softer and not wet enough to cause a ball to skip, they’ll catch and spin back.

This is why when greens are softer, guys attack flags. Rollout is decreased and they can control the spin a lot more. Easiest way to test the theory, is morning vs afternoon scores. It’s not a perfect comparison, especially at majors, bc every course and day is different. But as long as the weather is good early tee times are favorable in most cases. Wind and sun dries out and hardens greens throughout the day.
I didn’t know this, appreciate that.

Advertisement

Yes! And then add in the winds and that place can get brutal

Absolutely.

Tiger is my favorite, he & Hideki Matsuyama are the reason why I even watch the sport, but over the years I became a fan of Golf in general because I respect how difficult the game is & how skilled you have to be in order to be good at it. Tiger at his best is literally some of the greatest moments in Sports history!

For him to have been in a near fatal car crash that could’ve resulted in him having his leg amputated just a few months & be in contention to win at Augusta just speaks volumes to how much of an Alien that man really is lol.

And you’re 100% right, us Tiger fans know he usually plays his Thursdays pretty safe & just wants to maintain Par, he’ll try to pickup a few shots on Friday & then Saturday & Sunday it’s go time.

Cameron Smith & Sungjae Im are hitting the ball very well today, but I don’t see either one pulling away too far from him to catch up.
Cameron Smith was my pick to win it all. He just has to not have the blowup holes. The dude had 8 birdies but shot -4 because he started and ended with double bogey on 1 and 18.

I would love to see Tiger win it all though. He had a legitimate chance of only being 1 stroke back. He’s only 3 back as of now. Like you said, if he stays within a couple of strokes today going into the weekend… watch out for that Sunday red.

Cameron Smith was my pick to win it all. He just has to not have the blowup holes. The dude had 8 birdies but shot -4 because he started and ended with double bogey on 1 and 18.

I would love to see Tiger win it all though. He had a legitimate chance of only being 1 stroke back. He’s only 3 back as of now. Like you said, if he stays within a couple of strokes today going into the weekend… watch out for that Sunday red.
Smith and Scheffler looked really good yesterday for sure

I’m gonna be watching Morikawa and Xander to see if they can make a move today. Morikawa is too good to be playing how he’s been

Everything this dude does amazes me. I have never wanted someone to win something so badly as I want Tiger to win the Masters - other than our Canes every week, obviously.

Advertisement
Smith and Scheffler looked really good yesterday for sure

I’m gonna be watching Morikawa and Xander to see if they can make a move today. Morikawa is too good to be playing how he’s been
100% I don't know what Morikawa has been doing. For one of the best iron strikers in the world you would think he would have a few more wins but he just seems to fade away. Xander, Cameron Smith, Sujae Im, and Hovland were my top picks with a dark horse being Will Zalatoris.

100% I don't know what Morikawa has been doing. For one of the best iron strikers in the world you would think he would have a few more wins but he just seems to fade away. Xander, Cameron Smith, Sujae Im, and Hovland were my top picks with a dark horse being Will Zalatoris.
Can’t remember off hand which major Morikawa won but I remember thinking at the time it was the first time I’ve seen anything even close to what Tiger was doing back in the day

He’s gonna be a **** of a player

Can’t remember off hand which major Morikawa won but I remember thinking at the time it was the first time I’ve seen anything even close to what Tiger was doing back in the day

He’s gonna be a **** of a player
He won the PGA Championship and I think he will be a **** of a player because he is still young. I think it's also the amount of strong competition these days thanks to Tiger and all the people he inspired and how he grew the game.

Advertisement
Don’t look now, but Harold Varner III is climbing up the leaderboard

Tiger's definitely protecting his back on drives. He's spraying it all over out of the box, looking like me on a normal Tuesday morning. "Oh, ball ended up in the woods...perfect."...but he's recovered well pretty much every time, unlike me, and that is what makes him a pro and the GOAT.

Need Tiger to be in the mix going into the weekend because golf is best when the big cat is on the prowl.

Tiger's definitely protecting his back on drives. He's spraying it all over out of the box, looking like me on a normal Tuesday morning. "Oh, ball ended up in the woods...perfect."...but he's recovered well pretty much every time, unlike me, and that is what makes him a pro and the GOAT.

Need Tiger to be in the mix going into the weekend because golf is best when the big cat is on the prowl.
Haven’t gotten to watch any today, but yesterday he was short off the tee. Looked exactly like he’s saving himself like you mentioned. Will be hard to win like that, but maybe he’ll let it rip come the weekend if he’s in contention.

Advertisement
Back