Other Sports Tiger Woods

As long as he makes it to Saturday within 5 shots he’ll have a legit chance to hawk down the rest of the field come Sunday.

His putting looks good today, up until he just slightly missed a Par on 14, but otherwise he’s putting very well.

He’s just spraying it a little all over the fairway, but you can tell he’s trying not to strain his back out too much.
He looks 100x better than I expected. Tomorrow will be fun to watch when he tries to make his first real move after feeling himself out in round 1. Just hoping he makes the cut. I need a handful of vintage tiger moments before his career is up

Advertisement
He looks 100x better than I expected. Tomorrow will be fun to watch when he tries to make his first real move after feeling himself out in round 1. Just hoping he makes the cut. I need a handful of vintage tiger moments before his career is up
Absolutely.

Tiger is my favorite, he & Hideki Matsuyama are the reason why I even watch the sport, but over the years I became a fan of Golf in general because I respect how difficult the game is & how skilled you have to be in order to be good at it. Tiger at his best is literally some of the greatest moments in Sports history!

For him to have been in a near fatal car crash that could’ve resulted in him having his leg amputated just a few months & be in contention to win at Augusta just speaks volumes to how much of an Alien that man really is lol.

And you’re 100% right, us Tiger fans know he usually plays his Thursdays pretty safe & just wants to maintain Par, he’ll try to pickup a few shots on Friday & then Saturday & Sunday it’s go time.

Cameron Smith & Sungjae Im are hitting the ball very well today, but I don’t see either one pulling away too far from him to catch up.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He essentially lost 2 shots (50 yards for eagle and bogey'd) on the Par 5 8th hole, but otherwise a really nice day for him.

He looks a bit stiff, but dude is a shotmaker, so he gives himself a chance on otherwise tough scrambles.

When the greens are soft, Scheffler and Dustin Johnson are tough to compete against. Starting tomorrow afternoon, we'll see how the greens roll.

Legit could be -3 on a Thursday. Had a couple of slight bad reads. I’m just amazed this dude is even playing. I drove past the accident site multiple times, and the fact he’s alive is amazing; but, the fact he’s walking, let alone playing today is nothing short of a miracle.
If he can manage Birdie on at least 2 of the Par 5’s & keep it safe on the Par 3’s he’ll move up the leaderboard tomorrow.

If he picks up two stokes on the front 9 tomorrow he’ll start making the leaderboard nervous.

But all he has to do is stay within -1 to -3 under by the end of the day & this weekend he’s gonna have a shot.

I actually think he’s gonna have a good shot to win the PGA Championship next month at Southern Hills in Tulsa, the last time they hosted the PGA there Tiger won it in 07.

If he can manage Birdie on at least 2 of the Par 5’s & keep it safe on the Par 3’s he’ll move up the leaderboard tomorrow.

If he picks up two stokes on the front 9 tomorrow he’ll start making the leaderboard nervous.

But all he has to do is stay within -1 to -3 under by the end of the day & this weekend he’s gonna have a shot.

I actually think he’s gonna have a good shot to win the PGA Championship next month at Southern Hills in Tulsa, the last time they hosted the PGA there Tiger won it in 07.

Agree 1000% w/ this.

He essentially lost 2 shots (50 yards for eagle and bogey'd) on the Par 5 8th hole, but otherwise a really nice day for him.

He looks a bit stiff, but dude is a shotmaker, so he gives himself a chance on otherwise tough scrambles.

When the greens are soft, Scheffler and Dustin Johnson are tough to compete against. Starting tomorrow afternoon, we'll see how the greens roll.
Don’t they usually water the greens down after Friday to lower the scores for the weekend & essentially make it a more competitive & difficult course?

Advertisement
Don’t they usually water the greens down after Friday to lower the scores for the weekend & essentially make it a more competitive & difficult course?
I've never read or heard that. They're usually flying on the weekend - unless, like in 2020, it's storming throughout. Curious where you heard it. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post, but why would softer greens make it a more difficult course?

B82F1B7F-0CFE-434D-8F8C-90EB439EE5BE.jpeg

Same page as you, El.

Texted my buddy that earlier today. Just seems like he always closes strong with 13/15/16 ripe for the taking.

I've never read or heard that. They're usually flying on the weekend - unless, like in 2020, it's storming throughout. Curious where you heard it. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post, but why would softer greens make it a more difficult course?
I meant watering the greens to slow down the traction, I always thought watering the green slows down the ball.

Advertisement
I meant watering the greens to slow down the traction, I always thought watering the green slows down the ball.
Definitely does. But, it makes the flags easier to target. Especially by the players who hit the ball higher. That's partly neutralized by the projected windy conditions this week, but golfers almost always prefer soft conditions to hard greens that don't hold approach shots.

Definitely does. But, it makes the flags easier to target. Especially by the players who hit the ball higher. That's partly neutralized by the projected windy conditions this week, but golfers almost always prefer soft conditions to hard greens that don't hold approach shots.
Ohh I see, I didn’t know that.

Advertisement
Back