Tears Tide Tears

Advertisement
Saban keeps it real:

"When you get to the game, everybody wants to win. Everybody wants to play well. It’s what did you do to get the game? How did you prepare? How did you practice? What kind of habits did you create so you can carry those things to the game? And that’s what sort of eliminates bad plays. You’ve gotta give the other team credit. They’re capable of making plays. Their guys are on scholarship, too. But when you don’t do things like you think you need to do them, then that’s because what kind of habits did you create in preparation."

“So practice, how you take care of yourself, rest, recovery, all those things contribute to how you play in games. And I think all those things also are contributed to by what your sense of purpose is. If you’ve got a great sense of purpose in what you wanna accomplish and you wanna do, usually you create pretty good habits to do it because it’s important to you. And I think when the game comes, everybody wants to win, but we need to do things better to get ready to play better, especially when we’re playing on the road, especially when we’re playing against really good teams."

Keep telling ya’ll we r so tame compared to other fan bases. These dudes r completely irrational & it’s literally what have u done for me lately.

Nah, per capita we win.

I've played and been at at least 50 or combined places and our fans are unique. Loud, brash, outspoken, etc. Nevermind demanding and unreasonable at times.

It's why when the OB was the most feared sanctuary in all of college football, it wasn't just the team. Fans from other schools literally feared coming there in some cases. Justifiably so or not, it's just the way it was.

They do this every time they lose. Then Saban goes on a tear and they forget about the loss.

Saban keeps it real:

"When you get to the game, everybody wants to win. Everybody wants to play well. It’s what did you do to get the game? How did you prepare? How did you practice? What kind of habits did you create so you can carry those things to the game? And that’s what sort of eliminates bad plays. You’ve gotta give the other team credit. They’re capable of making plays. Their guys are on scholarship, too. But when you don’t do things like you think you need to do them, then that’s because what kind of habits did you create in preparation."

“So practice, how you take care of yourself, rest, recovery, all those things contribute to how you play in games. And I think all those things also are contributed to by what your sense of purpose is. If you’ve got a great sense of purpose in what you wanna accomplish and you wanna do, usually you create pretty good habits to do it because it’s important to you. And I think when the game comes, everybody wants to win, but we need to do things better to get ready to play better, especially when we’re playing on the road, especially when we’re playing against really good teams."
In other words, “deserve victory.” We had a coach that SAID that but didn’t DO enough to live it. None of our recent coaches have. Saban is great not because of what he says, but because he puts what he says into practice.

Advertisement
One thing I’ve said before, and I’ll say again. Yes, every team gets up for Alabama. That said, given the absurd level of talent that Saban has stacked there from 2012 onward....honestly the fact that he does not have seven or eight undefeated seasons is an underperformance. Should he lose to Georgia this year? Maybe...the talent level is getting close. But to A&M this year? Or to Auburn, Clemson, or others in the past? No.

As good as Saban is...Jimmy Johnson was better and would have gotten better results from those teams.

Yeah. That would mean they beat UGA (likely) in the $ECCG and a 13-1 record. I dislike Bama, but in this scenario why shouldn’t they be in the playoff?
If they beat Georgia this year and go undefeated the rest of the way, they are not only in the playoffs but likely the 1 or 2 seed.

Advertisement
Yeah. That would mean they beat UGA (likely) in the $ECCG and a 13-1 record. I dislike Bama, but in this scenario why shouldn’t they be in the playoff?
I’m not saying whether they should or shouldn’t, but I am saying both them and Georgia are given one regular season mulligan a year. Sometimes two. I’m just saying their fans should know to let things play out over the season because they are granted that courtesy that most other teams aren’t.

If they beat Georgia this year and go undefeated the rest of the way, they are not only in the playoffs but likely the 1 or 2 seed.
And UGA will make the CFP at 13-1 as well.

I think Ohio State wins the B1G at 13-1.

That leaves who as the fourth team?

I’m not saying whether they should or shouldn’t, but I am saying both them and Georgia are given one regular season mulligan a year. Sometimes two. I’m just saying their fans should know to let things play out over the season because they are granted that courtesy that most other teams aren’t.
Gotcha. I know.

Advertisement
Undefeated Wake gets in but I don’t think they stay unbeaten.
Cincinnati if they run the table…..and Oklahoma is unbeaten...

Still a lot of games to play.

UGA has Kentucky and Florida
Ohio State has Penn State, Michigan, and Michigan State on their schedule.
Iowa plays no one ranked, but will play the B1G CG should they win out
Cincinnati has ranked SMU
Oklahoma has Baylor and Oklahoma State
Alabama has Arkansas

Last edited:
Advertisement
That's what I don't understand. We have no room to speak bad about a team.
They’re not speaking bad about the talent of the team or the coaching level of Saban. They’re making fun of their fans’ reactions. There’s a difference.

Saban keeps it real:

Saban believes in the grind. He loves it. It’s all about process > results. That’s why him and his team are so consistent. Can’t always be perfect though. He knows that too, but man I wouldn’t wanna be one of his players this week.

If Cincinnati, Oklahoma and Wake remain undefeated then no more than 1 SEC team should get in. What will happen, I don’t know. They’ll probably try to stick it to Cinci bc of conference.
Yeah, but Cincinnati is 3rd or 4th ranked. If they win out they aren’t falling.

We’ll see where Cincinnati is ranked when the first CFP rankings are released.

Advertisement
Back