Thursday Recruiting Chatter - 12/6

View as article
Dude you are ******* annoying. Do yourself a favor and save your troubles. Log off. No one wants you here and all you do is this all day. It’s besr for everyone If you get banned but I know the mods won’t do that.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this dude's tired act. The "doom and gloom" schtick on this site is getting real old in general. Would be nice to have a thread where we can actually talk recruiting for a change.

Advertisement
I don’t get the mad rush at running back unless they think Travis homer is leaving early? But even then we would have deejay Dallas, Lorenzo lingard, Camron Davis and Robert Burns. Regardless there are some intriguing options and I think we get Richards in February ultimately and he will play rb but we will see

This man knows his football, coach searels had probably the hardest coaching job on the team, no passing game basically all year and our running game was still producing with a less talented o-line. Next year, barring health, we will have better athlete's on the entire o-line, and in better shape. However i do think edge will help us out cause for those complaining about coach richt, the one thing that's clear, he's going to run the ball.
With oscar cryer rolling out, i wonder what crowley is thinking now, lol.
He's in his OSU pajamas sleeping nicely knowing they wont kick him out of his school because god forbid they drop him idk if he could survive

Advertisement
I don’t get the mad rush at running back unless they think Travis homer is leaving early? But even then we would have deejay Dallas, Lorenzo lingard, Camron Davis and Robert Burns. Regardless there are some intriguing options and I think we get Richards in February ultimately and he will play rb but we will see
I don't think it's as much a rush other then adding chips because if Brown and Richt had iy their way it'd be RBU here. I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to take an ov that they go hard for Glass too and be maybe the best rushing attack in the conference next season and ease the pressure on the qbs

Because you stack chips regardless, and also they may know something we either don't know or all suspect...For instance Lingard talented but very raw and now injured, or that Burns is too soft to every amount to anything here and always will be a hangnail away from transferring...

Regardless, 5 RB (and you don't turn down 6 if it's the right 6) is about right and god knows we have room. Let em compete and use em in diff ways.

I know Richt is feeling the pressure. He will salvage this into a decent class IMO.

I just hope he makes some staff adjustments for everyone's sake.

Agreed. I’ll say it again: I’m less concerned about the class as I am about the staff.

Richt will find some good guys to fill out the class. But more importantly he must make staff changes.

Going into 2019 with this same staff will almost guarantee that 2019 will be his last year as HC.

Last edited:
Agreed. I’ll say it again: I’m less concerned about the class as I am about the staff.

Richt will find some good guys to fill out the class. But more importantly he must make staff changes.

Going into 2019 with this same staff will almost guarantee that 2019 will be his last year as HC.

This. Miami has enough good football players on the roster, and they're not going to finish in the 30s in recruiting. Relax. Last year, literally 10 months ago, they signed the best class in a long, long time (on paper). Several of those kids look to be pretty **** good football players. Relax on the talent.

It's much, MUCH more important to find someone who can call plays and develop offensive linemen.

Advertisement

Not with the schedule Miami plays. I know people will say this years schedule was a cake walk but nothing is a cake walk with a running back at QB. We lost games this year for three reasons, we could not pass the ball, we could not punt the ball and we turned the **** ball over multiple times in games we lost. We lost to Virginia and turned the ball over 3 times in our territory. We lost to Duke with DJ having two very costly fumbles. We lost to BC because we turned the ball over twice and lost field position due to poor punting. We lost to GT because we again turned the ball over twice and we could not flip the field of play. And it's not like we were blown out in any of those games. ****, Perry can go 6-24 but still make critical plays with his feet (and arm) when necessary and we beat Pitt by 20+.

Morale: Don't turn the **** ball over and get a punter who can average 40 yards on a kick and we will run through the schedule for next year.

They're not. But I don't seem them signed yet. I don't see them enrolled yet.

No doubting Stefan's work and it's much appreciated. Positive momentum is good but at the end of the day it's only momentum. We've all seen that feeling good about somebody ultimately makes no difference.

I have "watched finish" with this staff often enough to know that there is a very good possibility NONE of those highly rated kids sign here. We rarely if ever close well with the highly rated guys. We have got stood up at the alter more often than not. This staff has never closed well, nor did the previous staff. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I'm very skeptical that any of these guys sign here.

He's in his OSU pajamas sleeping nicely knowing they wont kick him out of his school because god forbid they drop him idk if he could survive

LoL, oscar cryer at it again, if its health i can dig it, but if he ends up at cleveland with a doctors note all of a sudden i wont be surprised!

Not with the schedule Miami plays. I know people will say this years schedule was a cake walk but nothing is a cake walk with a running back at QB. We lost games this year for three reasons, we could not pass the ball, we could not punt the ball and we turned the **** ball over multiple times in games we lost. We lost to Virginia and turned the ball over 3 times in our territory. We lost to Duke with DJ having two very costly fumbles. We lost to BC because we turned the ball over twice and lost field position due to poor punting. We lost to GT because we again turned the ball over twice and we could not flip the field of play. And it's not like we were blown out in any of those games. ****, Perry can go 6-24 but still make critical plays with his feet (and arm) when necessary and we beat Pitt by 20+.

Morale: Score more than 20 points in a college football game and we will run through the schedule for next year.

FIFY

Advertisement
I dont think Hasslewood Steveson or Bogle are basic 2 or 3 stars

You really think we're getting Stevenson? The only "convincing" his mom wants to hear is money bags. Richt isn't winning this one. Feel free to quote this post when I'm wrong, which I hope I am.

I have "watched finish" with this staff often enough to know that there is a very good possibility NONE of those highly rated kids sign here. We rarely if ever close well with the highly rated guys. We have got stood up at the alter more often than not. This staff has never closed well, nor did the previous staff. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I'm very skeptical that any of these guys sign here.

What the **** is wrong with you man, we got a top notch recruiting staff, when you battling all those public institutions with high cap space, those things will happen but this staff led by coach richt will continue o increase the talent and get the type of athlete's that belong here. This offense is on the verge of being epic with this next recruiting class, this next year maybe the last year where teams may have a chance to beat us before all 3 phases of our football team is playing at a high level. Dont get caught up into recruiting rankings, means nothing!

This. Miami has enough good football players on the roster, and they're not going to finish in the 30s in recruiting. Relax. Last year, literally 10 months ago, they signed the best class in a long, long time (on paper). Several of those kids look to be pretty **** good football players. Relax on the talent.

It's much, MUCH more important to find someone who can call plays and develop offensive linemen.

Agreed. I would imagine the Dillingham kid could come here and do what he does at Memphis. Install a lot of that offense and then on gameday give Richt the choice of 3 plays. The almost seems ideal. Richt can still make the calls.

Advertisement
What the **** is wrong with you man, we got a top notch recruiting staff, when you battling all those public institutions with high cap space, those things will happen but this staff led by coach richt will continue o increase the talent and get the type of athlete's that belong here. This offense is on the verge of being epic with this next recruiting class, this next year maybe the last year where teams may have a chance to beat us before all 3 phases of our football team is playing at a high level. Dont get caught up into recruiting rankings, means nothing!
Also we only have 13 commitments, 7 of which are 4 stars. Once we start getting commitments we will move up quick . We should end up between 10 and 15.

If you are a defensive player, why WOULDNT you want to play in this defense? We are a top 3 D in the country and #1 pass D in the country. People can say what they want about Rumph and Banda but what else can they do to show a kid like TStephenson that if he comes here he will be a star in this D playing Safety.. Ask Redwine and JJohnson. Esp Redwine who was a 3*, only played safety for 2 years, and might slide into the top 3-4 rounds of the draft!

I have no idea what voodoo we put on Hasselwood to make this kid be interested in coming here. Everytime I see those updates my mind is blown. Our offensive recruits are jumping ship and he is still on the titanic playing with the band!!

Lol... I pray to god we sign Hasswood. We would finally have a receiver that can catch a football on the roster. It would truly shock me, blow my mind if we were able to signed him, after the complete collapse on O this year.

Advertisement
Back