Thursday Recruiting Chatter - 1/31

View as article
If Pickens doesn't come here, do you guys think we should look at trevon sidney who's a transfer
No

If Sean Savoy is on the market and they haven’t contacted him then what makes you think Trevon Sidney will be contacted?

Advertisement
Facts

People mistake liking a guy and wanting to keep him cause we like him. I like Banda and Rumph as people but them nit getting fired was a red flag for me for Coach Diaz. They should have automatically been gone based on recruiting but boys will be boys. Same problem we had with the last staphs.

I give credit him firing his other friends but he had to let these guys go banda patke and Rumph.....banda had more recruiting clout then the other two so asking for his firing might as well be Rumph and Patke too.

Rumph grades out as an F so far in recruiting. Banda was the primary recruiter for Ivey & Gil, not Rumph. Obviously, Cooney had a lot to do with that also. Take out those two and Rumph has landed Bethel, Blades, Couch, Dean, and Bandy. 2 of which were never going anywhere but UM. Rumph is responsible for landing just over 1 CB per season. He's missed on every top target and the list is LOOOOOONNNNNNG. He simply isn't good enough at recruiting. Hopefully Diaz sees this and has DVD, Fields, and Cooney take over that part of his job as much as possible.

Banda grades out as a C as a recruiter. He landed Ivey, Gil, Hall, Carter, Finley, Wright (bust), James (bust), and Smith. He's missed on some major targets like the 30 year old at Bama but his hit on some top tier guys that could've gone anywhere. I'd say landing the top 2 safety's from North Palm Beach in Carter and Hall is lit. Smith is the best safety prospect in Dade this year IMO. Since we added Bubba the pressure is off Banda for now. Safety should have a good rotation this season. 3 of the guys in the 2 deep are more physically gifted than the two seniors that departed...who will be NFL picks.

Rumph grades out as an F so far in recruiting. Banda was the primary recruiter for Ivey & Gil, not Rumph. Obviously, Cooney had a lot to do with that also. Take out those two and Rumph has landed Bethel, Blades, Couch, Dean, and Bandy. 2 of which were never going anywhere but UM. Rumph is responsible for landing just over 1 CB per season. He's missed on every top target and the list is LOOOOOONNNNNNG. He simply isn't good enough at recruiting. Hopefully Diaz sees this and has DVD, Fields, and Cooney take over that part of his job as much as possible.

Banda grades out as a C as a recruiter. He landed Ivey, Gil, Hall, Carter, Finley, Wright (bust), James (bust), and Smith. He's missed on some major targets like the 30 year old at Bama but his hit on some top tier guys that could've gone anywhere. I'd say landing the top 2 safety's from North Palm Beach in Carter and Hall is lit. Smith is the best safety prospect in Dade this year IMO. Since we added Bubba the pressure is off Banda for now. Safety should have a good rotation this season. 3 of the guys in the 2 deep are more physically gifted than the two seniors that departed...who will be NFL picks.
Miami is 2019 still doesnt have an elite 1st round secondary across the 2 deep is criminal, it is why we will never be back because things like this keep us with a limp. Its a joke that we arent littered with first rounders all over the 2 deep being that are location should allow us too, the excuses now are we havent been good but when we were 2 years away from being good we were still missing big. TNM? feels the same to me and I'll wait till next cycle to be proven wrong and God I hope so but it looks the same to me and Im not the type to get excited no more over hashtags and coach talk.

Results or kick rocks
Do or do not there is no try

Ur in denial it's ridiculous. We are ******* Miami getting seven 4-star DB's is a ******* walk in the park here. When the last time we got an Elite DB, besides Bolden, who is transfer and probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Brevin. I'm not saying we should get every top DB in SFL every year, but we should be able to atleast get one, but we have not. Couch, a great prospect,but won't play next season, slow played kids like dixon and so on. That being said we have 5 CBs, not including couch, when you need at least 7-8CBs we have 5 safeties, probably 4 bc unless Knowles makes a huge leap he will be sorry, and we need at least 6S, but you say Rumph and Banda are doing just fine. Where's the roster managment, what happens if someone gets hurt; face it we do not have enough depth and it is purely do to missing on recruits regardless of there low 4 stars like dixon or elite prospects like stevenson.

When they get Bolden, it’s “Brevin.”

But when they miss, it’s 100% them.

You’re being selective.

It’s not a walk in the park if you contextualize what Miami is. A mediocre ACC program.

They are recruiting quite well when you consider they have won the Coastal once. Mostly because of location and name brand.

They also are not recruiting at an A or A+ level, but we all know the defensive backfield is performing well, and that is far from the teams issue.

Advertisement
Personal attacks
Miami is 2019 still doesnt have an elite 1st round secondary across the 2 deep is criminal, it is why we will never be back because things like this keep us with a limp. Its a joke that we arent littered with first rounders all over the 2 deep being that are location should allow us too, the excuses now are we havent been good but when we were 2 years away from being good we were still missing big. TNM? feels the same to me and I'll wait till next cycle to be proven wrong and God I hope so but it looks the same to me and Im not the type to get excited no more over hashtags and coach talk.

Results or kick rocks

I'm sure the staff gives no $hits what you think

Because FSU has a better brand than us Right now......We have been down a long time ....They haven't...The kids were all about them ....Think of all the MIAMI talent that went there in the past ten years.....AND AT THAT TIME WE STUNK UNFORTUNATELY...That perception doesn't change overnight or after one decent year when we were 10-0 and then lost the last 3 games....and then last year when we ****ed down our legs told them that we are still not ready.....Remember that Jimbo put in a lot of work at FSU...and built that brand up and we were down...They beat us 6 straight times ...I say it again....WHEN WE WIN CONSISTENTLY THE RECRUITS WILL STAY HOME AND MAKE THE "U" THE BEST BRAND IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!

And FSU actually won a NC in these kids lifetime.

Results on the field matter most. Kids want to play for winners. We're losers right now. Still confident Diaz is putting the right pieces in place and haven't seen things like this in over two decades.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What a terrible Recruiting close
Recruiting "close" isn't over yet. Let's see what they deliver by next Wednesday, eh? Maybe some good surprises. Still think with what we have (now and firm commitments), the U will be 1 of 3 contenders for the Coastal Div in 2019. If QBs perform well, U ought to be Coastal Div faves, considering how weak the Coastal Div is. 2020 will be an awesome season, with several of the top portal transfers being able to play. 2020 = guarantee that we see a HUGE improvement in QB play.

Advertisement

Results or kick rocks

IF Rumph even recruited at Banda's level the secondary would be elite. Add any two of Campbell, Surtain, Henderson, TS, Elam, Dent, Williams, Gardener, Jobe, or Mullins and the secondary is elite. Rumph has handed out 82 offers since he's been at UM according to 247.

Something else I find amusing is how the Rumph supporters always bring up how great he is with development. The success stories of Colbert and MJ. Yet, nobody talks about the huge flub with Delaney. Delaney was a projected 3-4th round pick when he decided to leave the Citadel and come to UM. He came to UM because he wanted to get coached up and become a 1st round pick. You can make up whatever excuse you want, but the fact is he went from a mid round pick to undrafted with Rumph as his coach.

Why? Just because hope springs eternal?

Richt himself player three golden DBs + Bandy last season, and Bandy had to beg us to recruit him.

Maybe Blades, Frierson, Ivey and Hall will make people forget Elder, Burns, Howard, M. Jackson, Jaquan, Redwine and Jenkins. I highly doubt they will make anyone forget Devin Hester or Sean Taylor, both of whom Coker brought in.
Why? Just because hope springs eternal?

Richt himself played three golden DBs + Bandy last season (and Bandy had to beg us to recruit him).

Maybe Blades, Frierson, Ivey and Hall will make people forget Elder, Burns, Howard, M. Jackson, Jaquan, Redwine and Jenkins. I highly doubt they will make anyone forget Devin Hester or Sean Taylor, both of whom Coker brought in.

Fans ALWAYS overrate the new group of unproven kids. I like Ivey’s potential a lot, but he was a 3* DB. We’ve recruited a lot of them over the years, and been excited about a lot of them.

Fans ALWAYS overrate the new group of unproven kids. I like Ivey’s potential a lot, but he was a 3* DB. We’ve recruited a lot of them over the years, and been excited about a lot of them.
You got too much free time on your hands.
HAHA another wannabe *. I'm just telling you how it is. You can call crybaby all you want. Just make sure you stay home from your 7-11 job on Wednesday and #watchthefinish. The truth is what it is. You keep smilin' and pumpin' sunshine up your own *** but look at my post. There ain't a lie in it. Now I'll go back to my $110K job punk.

I'm not pumping nothing you crying *** grown boy! Every thread its you or the same 10 people I can name yall *****ing and crying about what's wrong. Nothing will ever make you happy! Lies you complain to much to make money or you're an ungrateful *****!!!

Advertisement
Back