Thursday Recruiting Chatter - 1/31

View as article
The coaches have nothing to do with it...THEY WILL NOT CONSISTENTLY CHOOSE MIAMI UNTIL WE START WINNING CONSISTENTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! The hype right now is great but kids know that we are not championship pedigree yet....When we win ALL THIS CHANGES!!!!!!!! HYPE IS GREAT BUT WINNING CURES ALL!!!!!!
Then explain how FSU has a better class please.

Advertisement
i disagree in so many ways. The choice isnt whether two have TWO ****** recruiters as DB coaches or a disastrous corch there. That’s failure type thinking. We could have one coach there who can coach but not recruit, and one who can recruit. Or one good technical coach, and reallocate a position to elsewhere. Or even - imag8ne this - one guy who can do both coach and recruit - and pay him more.

Miami’s got few real advantages vs other schools. Saying we’re good because we have solid DBs is naive. That should be our true strength. You’re talking about the school that produced Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Bennie Blades, D. Williams, KP, Buchanon, Rolle et al. We can’t be content with solid when we should have game changes back there.

I understand that and I agree, you strive for greatness and never settle for even solid, but my question was who would you have replace one of if not both our secondary coaches?

Maybe Manny put feelers out because he was considering replacing Rumph but figured any realistic option at that point and time wouldn’t be any better?

Everyone assumes upgrading is just a flip of a switch and it’d be the easiest thing to do. Most any secondary coach that can do both well is considered elite and is making a ridiculous amount of money as an assistant at an SEC type school or has climbed the ladder to a coordinator position. So again, who would you have replace Rumph and Banda, realistically.

The last two recruiting cycles they have brought in four 4-star players. Frierson, Hall, Ivey, Couch. And taken a flyer on a local athlete in Bethel. Before that they got Bandy in 2017, another blue chip guy.

They are hitting on very high quality guys, just not stacking on top of it. But they are recruiting at a higher level than all but maybe 10 teams in the country as far as talent ratio.

The issue is the public optics of losing the Heritage guys has absolutely wrecked Rumph’s rep, kind of unfairly.

Miami isn’t recruiting like Alabama and Ohio State. But it’s still pretty good if we can stop being so reactonary. And they turned what Golden left over (Still good) into a great defensive backfield. The unit should be elite.
There's zero depth. You're banking on Gil being able to pay CB and Bethel maturing. Couch needs to add weight. We need a grad transfer CB or Williams. It'd be a huge mistake not adding another body.

I understand that and I agree, but my question was who would you have replace one of if not both our secondary coaches?

Maybe Manny put feelers out because he was considering replacing Rumph but figured any viable option at that point and time wouldn’t be any better?

Everyone assumes upgrading is just a flip of a switch and it’d be the easiest thing to do. Most any secondary coach that can do both well is making a amount ridiculous money as an assistant at an SEC school or has climbed the ladder to a coordinator position. So again, who would you have replace Rumph and Banda, realistically.
We just hired the guy Saban and Harbaugh wanted as OC, and you’re telling me we can’t possibly upgrade at DB?

There's zero depth. You're banking on Gil being able to pay CB and Bethel maturing. Couch needs to add weight. We need a grad transfer CB or Williams. It'd be a huge mistake not adding another body.

Just like you had to bank on Redwine transitioning to safety and Carter developing better instincts.

You can always say this about underclassmen. The point is they are very talented underclassmen under coaches who just helped guys make a jump.

Advertisement
so it looks like Miami might actually be the ones moving on from Emerson. Ivins is reporting they might not want him in the class due to numbers. A telling sign will be wether or not we go in home this week. We will be doing in homes with every one else of our targets but none schedules for him thus far.
Numbers? 5 safeties is enough? Make it 4 cuz Knowles is awful.

Just like you had to bank on Redwine transitioning to safety and Carter developing better instincts.

You can always say this about underclassmen. The point is they are very talented underclassmen under coaches who just helped guys make a jump.
Come on man. We are a couple injuries away from having a CB's be this years TE position.

Come on man. We are a couple injuries away from having a CB's be this years TE position.

Well than address depth. But don’t knock Gil and Couch. Those are guys with long offer sheets and talented prospects.

I agree the depth is coming up way short.

Advertisement
We just hired the guy Saban and Harbaugh wanted as OC, and you’re telling me we can’t possibly upgrade at DB?

I see we’re playing ring around the rosie. I didn’t say we couldn’t upgrade. I said who would be a realistic option as DB coach since apparently elite secondary coaches grow on trees?

Could not imagine not wanting to play in this scheme. D-line get to pin their ears back. DB’s get to play behind an attacking d-line. Linebackers blitz often. All 3 levels get chances to make game changing plays. Oh well. We’ll continue to develop the Mike Jacksons of the world. Just put some god **** points up & we’ll be fine.

Advertisement
The problem is more than Banda and Rumph. The problem is the head coaches who keep putting them in bad spots. Those two should never be the point man on any of our top targets and yet we keep putting them in bad spots where they can't succeed. Stephen Field should be the point man on all of our top targets for 2020. Best recruiters on best players it's that simple. James Coley is a better recruiter than Mel Tucker so therefore Coley was the main recruiter for Campbell and Stevenson. It's not rocket science

Oh now you're using that "Facts" thing like @Dwinstitles and @OriginalGatorHater too??? :monkey-serious:

Facts: Eating well done steak is like eating shoe leather.
What do you mean now?

They invented the word?

I'm not a believer that these guys are terrible recruiters. We have a great location, great tradition, great scheme. We have a ton to sell. Players are getting paid and we're not in that game for a lot of reason's im sure. Just the way it is. We need to drop bags or else this will continue to happen

Advertisement
On the offensive side of the ball, yes. This is the same defensive staff that missed on Stevenson, et al. and are now getting stood up by backup plans. The only coach who is pulling his weight on that side is Simpson.

Stevenson was never coming, don’t blame defensive staff for that

Advertisement
Back