Thoughts

I agree with OP that it takes that kind of class to win a NC and compete with the big boys. But don't we have enough talent to annihilate the Wake Forests and Dukes of the world or do we need top 10 classes to do that? What about to just look competitive against upper-echelon teams? Do I need 3 5*s a year to not get my **** pushed in on national TV to any ranked opponent we play or get humiliated in our bowl game? We had the talent to win 10 games this year at least and we ****ed it up. We had enough talent to not lose every game this year by 20+ points.

Advertisement
we should. They're the champs and we're mediocre. They'll be good for a while. We should envy them

When you have 9 wins and its mediocre imagine if we get decent on defense and have a qb who doesnt **** it up for us. We'll be fine its not THAT FAR

so, who are we getting to coach us?

hope the defensive scheme changes up a bit and Coley will get better through time and a qb that manages the game. seriously if the defense gets average by the coaching getting better you tell me it doesnt giVE Um 1 more win next season?

probably. But I'm not sure how anyone can have any faith that Dorito will fix what's broken. I'm firmly in the scheme is the problem, not the players camp.

Besides, 10 wins doesn't win the conference or get you into a BCS bowl game. We should have higher standards than that

I agree with you on Dorito triust me but my thing is Golden himself will have to say **** it we need to change it up which I have a small amount of faith that he will when I read that players are even saying that he gets frustrated in meetings. Now the 10 wins is just the start to get us consistent and that puts us in the ACC title game every year if we're consistently that good like we should be and from that start we'll get back to the title game. FSU has been good now for some years but still had some sorry *** years before they got back and it started with the 10 wins and then consistency

I will go out on a limb here, I think we win both VT and Duke if we have Duke Johnson in the lineup. I said at the beginning of the season we would win at least 9 games unless we lose our qb, rb or Porter. Now think about that, Porter played OK. qb was banged up for a few weeks (all wins) but once we lost our most dynamic player we started to suck. And we still managed to get to the 9 wins. I think we are still trying to make chicken soup with chicken **** in to many important spots on D, but I have a lot of faith in what I see from McCord, AQM, Pierre and hopefully these new guys at DT can make an impact. I think Figs will blow up this yr, if DP stays he moves inside and we see a lot more from Kirby. Let alone Grace should be ready to contribute....

For the last two years, our best player on offense, our best playmaker, has been a freshman. A FRESHMAN. Think about that for a moment. Next year, we will still have to rely on freshman to contribute or complement what Duke and Coley have done the last two years. Defensively, besides Perryman, we are still breaking in freshman to try and be difference makers, whether it's AQM or Burns. To say that the talent on this team is in the young classes is valid. To realize that next year we will still need guys who are less than a year out of high school to contribute immediately and surpass guys that have been in our program for four years, speaks volumes to the type of upper class athlete we have at Miami right now. There is not one senior on this team this past season that was a difference maker their whole career at UM. Serviceable yes, difference makers, no. Regardless of strength training, football know how, coaching, when a freshman can come in and take an upperclassmen's job almost immediately, without strength training, without knowing the play book, with fully acclimating to college football, they are just a different caliber type of athlete. Let's close with a great class, let's keep playing these guys and let's cheer for more and more difference makers to keep arriving in campus.

For the last two years, our best player on offense, our best playmaker, has been a freshman. A FRESHMAN. Think about that for a moment. Next year, we will still have to rely on freshman to contribute or complement what Duke and Coley have done the last two years. Defensively, besides Perryman, we are still breaking in freshman to try and be difference makers, whether it's AQM or Burns. To say that the talent on this team is in the young classes is valid. To realize that next year we will still need guys who are less than a year out of high school to contribute immediately and surpass guys that have been in our program for four years, speaks volumes to the type of upper class athlete we have at Miami right now. There is not one senior on this team this past season that was a difference maker their whole career at UM. Serviceable yes, difference makers, no. Regardless of strength training, football know how, coaching, when a freshman can come in and take an upperclassmen's job almost immediately, without strength training, without knowing the play book, with fully acclimating to college football, they are just a different caliber type of athlete. Let's close with a great class, let's keep playing these guys and let's cheer for more and more difference makers to keep arriving in campus.

Yeah.....and?

The last two Heisman winners were freshman. Stop this BS excuse making.

Advertisement
more food for thought if you ant to take a look at our recruiting struggles..

2010: we didn't get any of the top 20 recruits in Florida
http://247sports.com/Season/2010-Football/CompositeRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=FL

2011: we got 1 of the top 30 recruits in Florida (Chickillo)
http://247sports.com/Season/2011-Football/CompositeRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=FL

2012: finally got some top 5 recruits (Duke, Howard, Bush) but missed on several southFl talent
http://247sports.com/Season/2012-Football/CompositeRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=FL

2013: just 2 recruits (Coley. Artie) in the top 35 in Florida
http://247sports.com/Season/2012-Football/CompositeRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=FL

that is way too many misses on top tier recruits in this state!
we'll miss on some recruits, obviously. but if you want to look at our deficiencies, look no further than right here in Florida & all the talent that walked right out of our backyard

jeezus, 2010-2011 is depressing.

yup, that 2011 alone is crazy!

Teddy Bridgewater
Ryan Shazier
Tre Mason
Aaron Lynch
Jernigan
Sammy Watkins
James Wilder
Rashad Green
Kelvin Benjamin
O'Leary
Robenson Thereize
Haha Dixon
Bobby Hart
Karlos Williams
Devonte Freeman..

and we only got Chik and Crawford.

not to mention that losing kids like Freeman are still hurting us in recruiting today..

l-ville and fsu built his years success on 2011. goldens hire and urban quitting. they clean house.

I mean let's not bury the lead here, gents. Tito is right. To win NATIONAL titles you have to recruit with the big boys, and that is Tito's point. This class is a good example of what that looks like....we have to do the same thing twice more before we can be looked at as legit national contenders.

And unless we get some **** fixed within the coaching staff, that ain't gonna happen.

http://247sports.com/Season/2010-Football/CompositeRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=FL

http://247sports.com/Season/2011-Football/CompositeRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=FL

2012: finally got some top 5 recruits (Duke, Howard, Bush) but missed on several southFl talent

we'll miss on some recruits, obviously. but if you want to look at our deficiencies, look no further than right here in Florida & all the talent that walked right out of our backyard

Teddy Bridgewater
Ryan Shazier
Tre Mason
Aaron Lynch
Jernigan
Sammy Watkins
James Wilder
Rashad Green
Kelvin Benjamin
O'Leary
Robenson Thereize
Haha Dixon
Bobby Hart
Karlos Williams
Devonte Freeman..

not to mention that losing kids like Freeman are still hurting us in recruiting today..

l-ville and fsu built his years success on 2011. goldens hire and urban quitting. they clean house.

+1

Teddy Bridgewater
Ryan Shazier
Tre Mason
Jernigan
Sammy Watkins..

all 1st rounders...

But this too is Goldens fault..

Teddy Bridgewater
Ryan Shazier
Tre Mason
Aaron Lynch
Jernigan
Sammy Watkins
James Wilder
Rashad Green
Kelvin Benjamin
O'Leary
Robenson Thereize
Haha Dixon
Bobby Hart
Karlos Williams
Devonte Freeman..

If Golden came here in 2010 and we had no cloud over our heads at least a third of these guys would've been Canes. We can rip him whatever but he does recruit very well, Freeman would've gotten respected unlike what Shannon did, Bridgewater who knows, Shazier maybe, Watkins maybe, and who knows about the others but that season was not on Golden

Advertisement
Thanks tito real people with brains can see this, I wa just too lazy to do this myself but if u follow recruiting u know y fsu is on top.

Also espn is more accurate in rankngs IMO and if u look at fsus class there way better than rivals rankings or anyone else.

I've been pretty harsh on Golden but people need to forget about using 2011 against him. He had no shot. He had 1 month to build relationships that other teams had over a year plus. We had something like 4 commits and no visits set up.

Did we recruit Tre? How did he go unnoticed if so? Don't remember hearing much about him, we have to do a better job looking at the talent in SF.
fsu's defense looked pretty pedestrian at times last night. tre mason really went off on them. it seemed like auburn had a good plan and was able to exploit the weak spots. i don't think the gap is as wide as people think. we are a couple of d lineman (a few coming in this cycle), linebackers (a few coming in this cycle) and a safety (two coming in this cycle) on the defensive side away. on the offensive side we need more depth at all skill positions including QB (all coming in this cycle).

Advertisement
**** if people here feel this way after everything we have gone through these past years with the dark ncaa cloud and the coaching carousel, not to say mention endless amounts of OC's and DC's. Guys player development is hampered by constant changes of systems and coaches. Golden has been the most stable of the bunch when it comes to keeping a staff together. Also look at the Gators if you want to bash Miami, they have had top classes year in and year out and **** the bed this year. It happens to teams, there is no such thing as dynasties anymore and Bama is the closest thing to that.

Did we recruit Tre? How did he go unnoticed if so? Don't remember hearing much about him, we have to do a better job looking at the talent in SF.
fsu's defense looked pretty pedestrian at times last night. tre mason really went off on them. it seemed like auburn had a good plan and was able to exploit the weak spots. i don't think the gap is as wide as people think. we are a couple of d lineman (a few coming in this cycle), linebackers (a few coming in this cycle) and a safety (two coming in this cycle) on the defensive side away. on the offensive side we need more depth at all skill positions including QB (all coming in this cycle).

Randy didn't want him like Freeman, so we got there way to late when Golden got here. I don't even know if he was able to get to go after him.

After watching last night, I decided that I needed to voice my thoughts on this. I'm accustomed to the mauling I will get so neg if you want.

Simple Facts Here:

(Rivals Rankings)
Florida State 2010 Recruiting Class Rank: #10
-2 5 Stars
-8 4 Stars
-14 3 Stars

Auburn 2010 Recruiting Class Rank: #4
-3 5 Stars
-13 4 Stars
-13 3 Stars

Florida State 2011 Recruiting Class Rank: #2
-2 5 Stars
-13 4 Stars
-13 3 Stars

Auburns 2011 Recruiting Class Rank: #7
-1 5 star
-13 4 Stars
-10 3 Stars

Florida States 2012 Recruiting Class Rank: #6
-3 5 Stars
-10 4 Stars
-2 3 stars

Auburns 2012 Recruiting Class Rank: #10
-13 4 Stars
-8 3 Stars

Florida State’s 2013 Recruiting Class Rank: #10
-2 5 Stars
-9 4 Stars
-9 3 Stars

Auburn 2013 Recruiting Class Rank: #8
-2 5 stars
-9 4 Stars
-12 3 Stars

Before I get mauled, for the simple fact that “It’s not the recruit’s, it’s that our coaching sucks.” Just understand that it took Jimbo Fisher 3 years to win an ACC title and 4 to win a championship. Championships don’t come with recruiting classes that are ranked in the -teen’s, it has to be top ten consistently. Coaching is extremely key, no doubt about it and it's definitely a concern, but trust me when I say if you recruit well enough you will see more wins.

Miami’s Recruiting Ranks
2010: #16
2011: #36
2012:#9
2013 #20

I definitely understand where you are coming from but I saw something else. What jumped at me the most was creativity with a x and o's guy. It was that creativity that opened up so much for AU and both sides of the ball. The last real x and o's guy we had was Jebb. We have great recruiting coaches, questionable development coaching, but no creativity to use the talent we have on either side of the ball.

Advertisement
This is all just common sense, and what anyone with half a brain should understand. Its even WORSE than the numbers Tito listed, because we have had some critical guys from those classes leave the program, like Storm Johnson (depth), EJ, Paul, Terry, guys who never qualified like AJL. Think of how much different this team is just with those guys, not even factoring in that those classes werent quite elite as it was. You add up the guys who have left the program, and the DISASTER that was the 2011 class, which I blame Shannon for, and you get what we had this year. Once Duke went down, we had no quality depth at all, and thus had almost no running game. Add that too a very inconsistent QB, and you have a disaster waiting to happen.

This is all just common sense, and what anyone with half a brain should understand. Its even WORSE than the numbers Tito listed, because we have had some critical guys from those classes leave the program, like Storm Johnson (depth), EJ, Paul, Terry, guys who never qualified like AJL. Think of how much different this team is just with those guys, not even factoring in that those classes werent quite elite as it was. You add up the guys who have left the program, and the DISASTER that was the 2011 class, which I blame Shannon for, and you get what we had this year. Once Duke went down, we had no quality depth at all, and thus had almost no running game. Add that too a very inconsistent QB, and you have a disaster waiting to happen.[/QUOTE

WARNING!!!!!! You're not allowed to make sense.

Surrounded by good upper class talent. Laughable is you think a freshman can come in and do it alone. Both FSU and aTm had first round talent surrounding and completing Manzel and Winston. Correct or not correct. As the saying goes in college, it's not about the Xs & the Os, it's about the Jimmies and the Joes.

Yeah.....and?

Surrounded by good upper class talent. Laughable is you think a freshman can come in and do it alone. Both FSU and aTm had first round talent surrounding and completing Manzel and Winston. Correct or not correct. As the saying goes in college, it's not about the Xs & the Os, it's about the Jimmies and the Joes.

Yeah.....and?

who recruited all of these non-contributing sophomores and juniors?

Advertisement
Back