Thoughts on the King injury

Advertisement
Worst case scenario ****. No way he is back for Bama. We need to start back up and then let King work his way back for hopefully the ACC stretch of our schedule.

this sucks so bad.
Even if he was cleared for Bama, don't send that kid out there for that.

I hear what you are saying, but D-1 football has doctors right there. I could understand if King chose to walk to the locker room, but once a doctor has examined him, it would seem counter-productive to just let him walk around on the sideline of a football game if it could make things worse.

Anyhow, that's why I was asking the orthopedic surgeon. Just curious.
Oh i get it. Just giving an example. Him walking to the lockerroom didn't mean much to me except showing his toughness.

Advertisement
Oh i get it. Just giving an example. Him walking to the lockerroom didn't mean much to me except showing his toughness.

Yeah. Just seems weird for guys to do that after they've been on the ground for several minutes. Take the cart, and get well ASAP.

Although he tore his ACL and make no mistake that’s bad, but I’m cautiously optimistic because they didn’t say there was any damage to the MCL or Meniscus which if they’re undamaged or even sustained minimal damage that dramatically speeds up the recovery time.

King is as tough mentally and physically as they come and I have a feeling he’s going to push himself to the limit everyday to get back as soon as possible.

Expected to be ready in 7 months? Partial tear or what? That’s not realistic.

Its possible. Just depends how well he responds to the rehab.

Everyone is different, so please try to understand there is a HUGE gray area when talking about coming back from this injury. Imo, you’re really not at 100.0% for about a year, generally. Sometimes a bit more. A lot of that being mental, obviously. But, as much as he relies on his legs, he’s not a WR or DB where his entire game is predicated on cutting every single play. He can be effective at say, 95%, just as a general BS example.

That being said, some kids bounce back quickly. Amari Rodgers had ACL surgery in March 2019 and was playing in games 6 months later. It’s doable. It’ll be tough, but it’s absolutely possible for him to be ready near camp or the beginning of the season.

Yeah. Just seems weird for guys to do that after they've been on the ground for several minutes. Take the cart, and get well ASAP.
I agree. We already respect him and know how tough he is. Just get better now though. Gut wrenched for the kid.

Advertisement
ok.. Prayers sent to our man King. Healing time differs and depends on many variables. So it is possible he is back. Good surgery, Good rehab, and good body response to the above is what we need to hope for. ABOVE all however King is THE MAN and much respect to him

Its possible. Just depends how well he responds to the rehab.

Everyone is different, so please try to understand there is a HUGE gray area when talking about coming back from this injury. Imo, you’re really not at 100.0% for about a year, generally. Sometimes a bit more. A lot of that being mental, obviously. But, as much as he relies on his legs, he’s not a WR or DB where his entire game is predicated on cutting every single play. He can be effective at say, 95%, just as a general BS example.

That being said, some kids bounce back quickly. Amari Rodgers had ACL surgery in March 2019 and was playing in games 6 months later. It’s doable. It’ll be tough, but it’s absolutely possible for him to be ready near camp or the beginning of the season.
I agree they’re all different.

I know Deshaun Watson had a partial tear in November at Clemson and was back in late summer workouts.

It’s starting to become like TJ in baseball where the rehab process is making guys better than they were before. He’s got a similar build to Rogers too so that could be motivation for 6-7 month recovery.

Advertisement
Prayers for the young mans speedy recovery. Epitomizes all we want in a Cane. Glad he’s my grandsons football idol. Oline will have more incentive to bust their asses to keep him clean upon his return🙏🙏🙏

2021 we are a 8 and 3 team with him & our current coaching staff. still doesn't matter. i wish him well, great kid.

Advertisement
I reviewed the film on the King injury and looked at the slow motion replay. As an aside, I am an orthopedic surgeon.

A few things I gathered:

1. Truly a freak injury. Probably a move he has made thousands of times in his career without incident.

2. It is definitely concerning regarding a possible ACL injury as he was pivoting when the knee gave out.

BUT

A couple of factors that are giving me hope that it may not be as bad as expected.

1. It is possible that the MCL or medial meniscus could only be injured, without the ACL involved. That is because his knee seemed to buckle medially, meaning toward his other leg.

2. It is taking a long time for an official announcement on the injury status, which could mean that there are multiple treatment options for the injury at hand, which is typical for meniscus injuries as well as MCL injuries. This could mean that he is waiting on second opinions on treatment options which would correlate with these other injuries.

Complete ACL injuries do not require multiple opinions, as they are always treated surgically in the athletic population.

Anyway, just a few thoughts as we all sit here praying that it is NOT an ACL injury.
I tore my ACL, MCL, and both meniscuses 3 months ago on a similar cut in a rugby game. Freak accident for King, hoping for a speedy recovery

Look, you've never read a single UM medical report. You've seen some press releases, and you've compared the dates of press releases to the dates of the injuries. That's it.

An orthopedic surgeon posted a well-written analysis filled with caveats. You then "respectfully" disagreed with him because you are some self-appointed expert on reading press releases.

But, hey, you're going to keep doing your thing. Continue to mope and worry and argue with doctors because another day passes without an official UM press release. What a joke.
Now you know what I have and have not read? And did you take my response as disrespectful, if that why you quoted it? and felt the need to jump in and white knight? You are a joke.

Also, I didn't argue at all just said that UM is not always forthcoming or timely with their reports so the fact he even factored that into his analysis on the lack of severity of the injury is likely misplaced. Think of that for a second.... BECAUSE UM did not release an "official" report within 24 hours of an injury, it could mean a less severe injury? GTFOH with that. Now the release came out today says he tore his ACL and needs surgery but that should have been released yesterday according to your dumbass logic.

You are the one with the bone pick and the fact you keep ignoring direct questions lets me know all I need that you lost this argument. I haven't moped once, never said one thing about his injury just that relying on the timing of a release from UM is irrelevant to the severity of the injury. Go jump in someone else's messages and argue with them. You are one of the WOAT porsters on the board with your corny jokes and cold takes.

Advertisement
Back