Thoughts on the cigars?

What’s wrong with a victory cigar?

2CB13ECC-ECA2-4B55-91DE-B77CD476F8EA.jpeg

Advertisement
I like it! It worked great during the Celtics dynasty years....
Red Auerbach smokes a cigar with Tommy Heinson, Larry BIrd, John Havlicek, and Bob Cousy to celebrate Auerbach’s 75th birthday in Oct. 1992.(SI)
1601394236690.png

Advertisement
I could give two ***** on cigars themselves but I do think it is a bit premature to celebrate that FSU victor in that fashion like we just won the Natty or ACC Championship. This is where I will continue to be critical of Manny. Come on dude, we whipped a team we were supposed to whip. Do the cigars signal a we made it to your team? Do they rest on their laurels now and be content or are we still gonna play hungry? I just don't like the we made it celebration on this one bit. Enjoy the moment and have fun but the cigars? Sheesh.

You ever wonder why no one ever invites you to their parties? Social events?

Ever wonder why you never get second dates?

PM Whoop, and he'll counsel you.

I'd shoot myself with that outlook on things.

Any other team, maybe. But a little salt in the wound of our arch rival? Go for it.
That’s not salt in the wound...they are laughing at us celebrating beating a terrible fsu team just like we would if they did the same thing.

having a celebratory cigar in september after 3 games is stupid, especially if the coach is supposed to be teaching discipline and keeping goals in focus....unless your wife just had a baby, then go for it

Everyone's doing the cigar schtick now. They bit it off Burrow and LSU last year. It's a copycat world, and smoking (or just chewing on) some victory cigars is meaningless. Celebrate like **** for 24 hours and then move on.

If you ain't having fun what's the point of playing? This isn't some goofy football movie where everyone has to have a scowl on their face 24/7 until they win a championship.
pretty sure he did that in January after winning 15 straight games and having the best single season ever...not after beating a 3 win team.

Maybe. I saw never a fan of his as DC. so he has lot to prove. Dropping 52 on his old school don't hurt him Beating Clemson in Death Valley will shut me up - maybe not forever but for a while pending developments. I wrote one of the checks to get Howard here so my standards are high. Hey, I was giving JJ crap in person about not knowing how to coach a bowl game after him blowing two NCs so excuse me if Manny needs to show a lot more than we have seen so far. That said, a field covered in feathers and nole tears was very nice, very nice indeed.

Advertisement
If he had just covered the spread and won by 9 most of you all would be calling for firings etc... as for me, any time my guys **** stomp anybody, I’m celebrating...we’re The U! Go Canes🙌🙌🙌🙌

If we truly believe that a rivalry game is different, then we have to celebrate accordingly. I think FSU is garbage BUT they came at us with everything they had. We broke them ( and Scary Terri with an i ). Why not enjoy with a solid stick and then move on. We all want the swag back...here it is. Relish it. Go ‘Canes!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back