Thoughts on the cigars?

MizCane

Senior
I could give two ***** on cigars themselves but I do think it is a bit premature to celebrate that FSU victor in that fashion like we just won the Natty or ACC Championship. This is where I will continue to be critical of Manny. Come on dude, we whipped a team we were supposed to whip. Do the cigars signal a we made it to your team? Do they rest on their laurels now and be content or are we still gonna play hungry? I just don't like the we made it celebration on this one bit. Enjoy the moment and have fun but the cigars? Sheesh.

Advertisement
Personally, I liked it. Smoked one myself. It's part of bringing the swagger back I suppose.

What really matters is how the team responds these next two weeks in practice and preparation. Do they put their noses down and grind, or will they just continue the celebrations? That's what actually matters. Cigars are not a big deal imo. It's not like they brought out cigars for the game against UAB or something lol. And I doubt they'd bring out any cigars again this season unless we beat Clemson or win the ACC....so there's that.

I can see the flip side for recruiting purposes to really hammer home how much fun Miami is having especially after dropping sack on our biggest rival but Cigars are typically for big milestones but if it works for recruiting then sure thats fine. I have just seen too many times the last decade our team win a big game, think they are the ****, and then go get their lunch eatin.

Advertisement
1601306915824.png

You think maybe our Chief of Staff had something to do with that, considering his love of cigars? Would that change your tune?

We definitely don't want to be getting ahead of ourselves...but the team had just finished a complete dismantling of our biggest rival, in primetime, on national TV. May not seem like it, since the Noles are so down...but it's a big deal.

I say let them enjoy it, then get back to work. I think King referenced the 24 hour rule.

If you can’t celebrate a trouncing of your arch rival, then when can you celebrate? I get your point: stay focused. But, as D’Eriq already said, they gave themselves 24 hours and then it’s back to work. Only thing wrong with it is that I wasn’t there to smoke one with them!

I could give two ***** on cigars themselves but I do think it is a bit premature to celebrate that FSU victor in that fashion like we just won the Natty or ACC Championship. This is where I will continue to be critical of Manny. Come on dude, we whipped a team we were supposed to whip. Do the cigars signal a we made it to your team? Do they rest on their laurels now and be content or are we still gonna play hungry? I just don't like the we made it celebration on this one bit. Enjoy the moment and have fun but the cigars? Sheesh.
I agree....it should have been a Blunt...

Advertisement
Everyone's doing the cigar schtick now. They bit it off Burrow and LSU last year. It's a copycat world, and smoking (or just chewing on) some victory cigars is meaningless. Celebrate like **** for 24 hours and then move on.

If you ain't having fun what's the point of playing? This isn't some goofy football movie where everyone has to have a scowl on their face 24/7 until they win a championship.

It's no big. They are our main rival and we kicked their ***.

Coaching staff doesn't have to remind the team how important the next game is.

Everyone's doing the cigar schtick now. They bit it off Burrow and LSU last year. It's a copycat world, and smoking (or just chewing on) some victory cigars is meaningless. Celebrate like **** for 24 hours and then move on.

If you ain't having fun what's the point of playing? This isn't some goofy football movie where everyone has to have a scowl on their face 24/7 until they win a championship.

Well, at least we didn't copy giving 'Play Money' to LSU players after the game.

Advertisement

Smoking FSU is always cause for celebrating

Did you think maybe Ed Reed, who owns his own cigar company maybe handed them out? Wouldn't it be kinda cool if you were a 18-22 year old kid and one of the best safeties to ever play the game gave you a cigar for absolutely dominating your rival on national TV? A win over a rival is a cause for celebration. These are kids, they need to have fun. If I see them walking into clemson game still smoking the cigar then I get your point, but for one night after a hard fought blow out win over your biggest rival on the schedule? Toke up.

Advertisement
I see your point Karen.
Act like you’ve been there and all.
But those players have worked there *** off. They’ve worked their *** off in a time when they’ve been told you better stay the fck home.
A young athlete who’s been grinding needs to let loose anyway they can.
This has been the best 3 game performance in a long time under conditions that are less than optimal.

Also, we have no idea what went on in that locker room after games in the 80’s and nineties.
Now players post everything. We also don’t know how long this locker room celebration happened.
I doubt any team in canes history was all quiet and business after any win over FSU.

Surprised that it took this long for a thread like this, with that said I expect these boyz to be locked in for Clemson.

Advertisement
Back