Thoughts on the cigars?

Celebrate in the moment. Get to work in the morning. Coaches will play large role in keeping the focus. So will team leaderd

Advertisement
I could give two ***** on cigars themselves but I do think it is a bit premature to celebrate that FSU victor in that fashion like we just won the Natty or ACC Championship. This is where I will continue to be critical of Manny. Come on dude, we whipped a team we were supposed to whip. Do the cigars signal a we made it to your team? Do they rest on their laurels now and be content or are we still gonna play hungry? I just don't like the we made it celebration on this one bit. Enjoy the moment and have fun but the cigars? Sheesh.

I look at it this way.

You give people cigars every time you have a baby.

I'd like to see cigars for F$U, Clemson, North Carolina, and ACC-CG.

And then I'd like to see us have a bigger family than that, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

I could give two ***** on cigars themselves but I do think it is a bit premature to celebrate that FSU victor in that fashion like we just won the Natty or ACC Championship. This is where I will continue to be critical of Manny. Come on dude, we whipped a team we were supposed to whip. Do the cigars signal a we made it to your team? Do they rest on their laurels now and be content or are we still gonna play hungry? I just don't like the we made it celebration on this one bit. Enjoy the moment and have fun but the cigars? Sheesh.

Bama smokes cigars every year after beating sorry *** tennessee. It’s a tradition. I see nothing wrong with them celebrating an *** beating against a bitter rival

I get it and I still want Manny replaced. BUT, we do seem to have QB and that might give us a fighting chance against Clemson. Been so depressed about this stuff for some many years that I have to take this moment to hope for another Kosar moment in the OB against NE for our first title. I'm going to be positive until this game. The players are going to have to win it because the other sideline is better than ours, except maybe at OC. They need to out play Clemson more than Clemson out coaches us. We don't have Howard, we have Manny and Clemson is better balanced than NE so our players need to play better than our heroes of yesteryear. No place for talking the chalk this game, we need to DREAM.

Advertisement
Everyone's doing the cigar schtick now. They bit it off Burrow and LSU last year. It's a copycat world, and smoking (or just chewing on) some victory cigars is meaningless. Celebrate like **** for 24 hours and then move on.

If you ain't having fun what's the point of playing? This isn't some goofy football movie where everyone has to have a scowl on their face 24/7 until they win a championship.
Lol no fun allowed. 24/7 football. Don’t even smile

It could of been because the seniors never lost to Fswho who knows or care! Enjoy your victory fellas!

OP has a good point. I think Manny suffered from this too following his 1st offseason and the ensuing results.

That said, these are college kids and it was a great performance. A little fun is warranted. As long as Manny keeps them grounded starting the day after, hopefully we'll be fine. This is where a kid like King helps. I'm sure he knows 3-0 ain't much to brag about.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Fill them with Weed..that is all

Dang man ... how many lemons do you suck on in one day.

Advertisement
Let them have their fun. Well-fought wins in life deserve something celebratory. For some, a drink and a smoke with good friends is what the occasion requires.

To them, these boys out there celebrating the moment of a torching win against FSU. To me, they are also celebrating the off-season victories that await. We can't quantify, nor will we know how big this win was longer-term, but in time this win will give Manny and his staff all the firepower they need to sit in some highly-touted recruits living room, look them straight in the eye, and tell them Miami is the best school to go to if you want to play winning football in the state of Florida. A 4-0 record is hard to argue with.

Come Monday morning, it is time to put down the liquor and smokes and get back to work. We have leaders on this team. I won't expect this to be a problem that past Miami squads have had to face.

I get it and I still want Manny replaced. BUT, we do seem to have QB and that might give us a fighting chance against Clemson. Been so depressed about this stuff for some many years that I have to take this moment to hope for another Kosar moment in the OB against NE for our first title. I'm going to be positive until this game. The players are going to have to win it because the other sideline is better than ours, except maybe at OC. They need to out play Clemson more than Clemson out coaches us. We don't have Howard, we have Manny and Clemson is better balanced than NE so our players need to play better than our heroes of yesteryear. No place for talking the chalk this game, we need to DREAM.
[/QUOTE/

You and your manny bashing can kick rocks!

If the Canes come out flat against Clemson it will not be because they celebrated the night of kicking a bittter rivals buts

Advertisement
Back