Thoughts on the cigars?

I could give two ***** on cigars themselves but I do think it is a bit premature to celebrate that FSU victor in that fashion like we just won the Natty or ACC Championship. This is where I will continue to be critical of Manny. Come on dude, we whipped a team we were supposed to whip. Do the cigars signal a we made it to your team? Do they rest on their laurels now and be content or are we still gonna play hungry? I just don't like the we made it celebration on this one bit. Enjoy the moment and have fun but the cigars? Sheesh.
It’s the Ed Reed effect.
He is to cigars what Snoop is to the Chronic.

Advertisement
We just HULK DIÇK SMASHED OUR BIGGEST RIVALS AND YOU'RE WORRIED ABOUT POST GAME CELEBRATIONS???? ...... I'm out man

Advertisement
A victory over FSU is worth about a pack of Newport’s these days.

For real though, let the kids celebrate a win. That’s what Saturday night is for. Next day it’s back to business again.

We just put up 52 pts, beat them by 6 TDs, made it 4-in-a-row and completely decimated our arch rival's confidence for the foreseeable future. I wouldn't have cared if the LIT the cigars as well.

Historic A$$ whoooing to our rival.. common!! Should have crack the liquor and bobbly if not underage kids

Last edited:
Advertisement
I love it. The culture should be that of fun and celebration. That takes nothing away from accountability or focus. The seniors went four and 0 against their biggest rival. They should fire one up.

I could give two ***** on cigars themselves but I do think it is a bit premature to celebrate that FSU victor in that fashion like we just won the Natty or ACC Championship. This is where I will continue to be critical of Manny. Come on dude, we whipped a team we were supposed to whip. Do the cigars signal a we made it to your team? Do they rest on their laurels now and be content or are we still gonna play hungry? I just don't like the we made it celebration on this one bit. Enjoy the moment and have fun but the cigars? Sheesh.

It was the worst beat down in the history of the match up. Big time recruiting implications. You put "the new coach aint gonna last" into the minds of recruits and its a major victory.

Advertisement
I agree that Manny has been a bit too reliant on gimmicks and stuff, but in this situation, give that it's a rival and you just emasculated them, hey, celebrate

Also, this staff and team has a BYE week to get back to focusing in on the next game

This is college football, it should be fun (even though we all know it's a business). Also every player has made some sacrifices to even get on the field. Let them cut loose a bit, I say

Winner of Bama and Tenn smokes cigars every year. I wouldnt mind a tradition for every time we beat these turds

Advertisement
Everyone's doing the cigar schtick now. They bit it off Burrow and LSU last year. It's a copycat world, and smoking (or just chewing on) some victory cigars is meaningless. Celebrate like **** for 24 hours and then move on.

If you ain't having fun what's the point of playing? This isn't some goofy football movie where everyone has to have a scowl on their face 24/7 until they win a championship.

This. They just skull boned their biggest rival and humiliated them. They have a bye week. Let them enjoy it.

Advertisement
Back