Thoughts on moving Mauigoa to guard?

Let me get this straight: for the first time in decades we have an OL that finally performs as an aggressive unit, and you want to single out a freshman who played **** well to start playing musical positions again? Why because it worked so well with DJ Scaife and that crew?

This fan base, ****...
New season. Not a mid season change. 8 months to gel.

Advertisement
Not worried about the OL. Whatever Mario and Mirabal decide there in terms of moving guys around or keeping them there is what it is as it’s a pretty deep position of strength for us.

With the injury he has I’d think so but they may choose to be careful with how big the guy is. I was under the impression it was a 3-4 month type deal.
That's good and it will be interesting to see who win the job at the tackle spots for 2024 between Francis, Samson, Bell, or rivers if returns

Advertisement
Working out at the Wellness center, team must’ve just gotten back last night. Saw a couple guys outside.

Samson walking around no Limp which is a great sign.

Jackson Carver almost decked me on a bird scooter lol
Carver is a super interesting prospect. If he takes to the weight he could even get a look at DE

Kids frame is freakish

As long as he's somewhere on the starting OL and being developed I think he has a talent to play any position he wants.

It really depends on how the other young linemen progress. There may be guys who end up being better at tackle over the long term, they just weren’t as advanced as a freshman. Mauigoa has been solid at RT but he honestly looks slow in pass protection and has probably more holding penalties than the rest of the line combined. He doesn’t have quick feet and is more of a mauler than an agile pass protector. Personally I think if he’s going to stay at tackle, he needs to lose weight.

I think it really depends on how Sampson and Kinsler develop. I would not be totally shocked if those guys end up at tackle and Francis gets moved inside.

Initially I was bullish on him staying at RT (and still think he will be fine there, he took his TrFR lumps, it happens). But I’m good with whatever they ultimately decide to do on OL. We have the guys unlike 2022, so I trust them to put the best 5 out there

Advertisement
You either move to guard, or you're off this football team! #Culture #Discipline #JustCrap

S.O’s injury was just a season ending injury. It wasn’t what some here feared when they heard the body part that was injured.
You pretty confident he will stay on Miami? I always worry about some of these high ranked out of state guys that either don't play early or get injured...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back