Thoughts on moving Mauigoa to guard?

Advertisement
Plays like a guard but I think Sewell had similar issues year 1 at Oregon. His footwork can be corrected. He is a little late on his initial drop step. I'd be willing to give him another shot to start the season because I don't think we have a better option.

Who all is on the bench now that worth a ****?

Probably too many variables with Lee, Rivers, and dare I say Zion unknowns.

Need to see how Samson does recovering from his injury as well as the development of McCoy and Kinsler.

If none of the other options are sure fire better than Mauigoa, then I don't see a reason to move him. Building consistency at OL expecially at LT would be great.

Samson-McCoy-Tripp-Cooper-Mauigoa with Kinsler rotating in as we saw with Samson and McCoy during the year is potentially a great iteration of the Mirabel Wall.

Advertisement
Season 4 No GIF by The Office

Unless somethin definitively better emerges, you keep him where he is. He def has struggled with speed at times but I think some of that is to be expected. I would expect him to be even better next year after improving his technique.
Agreed.

Isn't he also young for a freshmen; something like he turned 18 just before the season?

Need to see how Samson does recovering from his injury as well as the development of McCoy and Kinsler.

If none of the other options are sure fire better than Mauigoa, then I don't see a reason to move him. Building consistency at OL expecially at LT would be great.

Samson-McCoy-Tripp-Cooper-Mauigoa with Kinsler rotating in as we saw with Samson and McCoy during the year is potentially a great iteration of the Mirabel Wall.
What’s his injury?

Advertisement
I mean one thing I think Mario can handle is the OL. He’s perfectly more than capable deciding where players on the OL should play. Now the rest of the team, that’s definitely debatable.

You’re forgetting about Bell as well

That kid is a monster

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m good letting him develop at RT another year to find out but if Bell and Samson emerge as starting LT and RT then guard is a good move for him and our OL. Might be best long term but if we don’t have another RT option next year he can hold it down and maybe improve his footwork.

****; you're right.

Where does he most likely project at; RT?

Bell-Samson-Tripp/McCoy-Cooper-Mauigoa with Kinsler and McCoy as utility men. What a massive OL. Just need to fill the skill positions around it to help the offense build some consistency.
Yeah it’s a good problem to have

I’ve actually brought up moving Mauigoa a few times this year as well. If Rivers comes back him at LT and Bell at RT (I’m also a huge Samson fan like most)

But all that being said there’s no real reason to move Mauigoa other than when I’ve watched what Cohen does in this offense, I could see Mauigoa filling that spot easily, and probably being even better

So it’s not necessarily a demotion for Mauigoa, it’s that he’s by far the best replacement on the team for Cohen

Advertisement
Back