Thoughts on Jacurri

Advertisement
He was a top 5 QB prospect while Jacurri was a known project. I’d expect him to be better at this point.

But he’s also slow footed as ****, and if you’re only completing 61% of your passes when you don’t bring a running element to the game you’re playing bad football.
Allar did not take the step i expected of him this year, playing awful down the stretch. That said, he's light years better than any QB on this roster.

As bad as Allar has been at times going through progressions and holding the ball too long, that Penn State staff is even worse at drawing up an offense that fits his skills.....and those WRs up there are bad. Singleton is being used incorrectly as well.

Just ask yourselves this,.. does Jacurri starting at qb for this university next year; attract us the top WR’s in south Florida and beyond? The answer is no. Done…
Did we get the Top Wr’s in South Florida the last Two cycles? Are we Recruiting Top QBs? How do players develop?

Advertisement
Love the vague "too many limitations to dtart at P4." What limitations? You know nada.

Look at the top college QBs headed to the NFL draft. They were nothing 2 years ago. Bo Nix was terrible at Auburn. Penix didn't take off until transfering to Washington for year 5 & 6 of his college football career. Jaden Daniel's had a terrible 2021 season at Arizona State with 10 TDs and 10 INTS, yet Kelly saw something in him to transfer to LSU. Now he's the Heisman Trophy winner.

All of these guys didn't have great success until at least year 4 of their college career.

JB was 20 for 31 for 180. Factor in what could have been and his day would have been even better. If Jacoby doesn't drop the ball on the first play, he scores a 75 yard TD. If X could have stayed in bounds on the back shoulder throw, it would have been an 18 yard TD. So, with those 2 plays, JB's stats would have been 22/31 for 273 with 3 TD's passing, 1 rushing TD, and 1 interception. More importantly, Miami would have won the game.

JB played fine for his first action in well over a year with the stats he had. He wasn't perfect, but perfection should not have been the expectation. This is what development looks like.

You claim he has limitations that would shoukd prevent him from succeeding at the "P4" level. State what you think they are. From where I'm sitting, it's just you showing bias in the same way people do in other aspects of life. Just replace can't "whatever" with and any verb that suits you.
Completely agree.

The guy can play. That first throw to Jacolby, you notice the ball literally jumps out of him hand with ease.

Secondly, they didn't call a game similar to Emory Williams, where they protected him. The play calling was similar to if TVD was playing, which tells you something about the confidence in him.

The offense didn't lose the game.
The run defense played like junk and Rutgers owned the TOP battle, and special teams costed us a touchdown. He didn't have the variables in his favour like Emory did, but that's football.

Just curious what have u seen that makes you think Njoku or Kittle-like? Those 2 are dynamic NFL players and when you see Brown you see them? Is it cause Jacurri is a tall brother who seems like he can run but cant throw so naturally he can transition over to TE and play over Riley Williams, Arroyo etc?

I always trip out when we throw these wild comparisons around to people that simply are nothing more than average at best.
He didn’t look like he could run either.

Love the vague "too many limitations to dtart at P4." What limitations? You know nada.

Look at the top college QBs headed to the NFL draft. They were nothing 2 years ago. Bo Nix was terrible at Auburn. Penix didn't take off until transfering to Washington for year 5 & 6 of his college football career. Jaden Daniel's had a terrible 2021 season at Arizona State with 10 TDs and 10 INTS, yet Kelly saw something in him to transfer to LSU. Now he's the Heisman Trophy winner.

All of these guys didn't have great success until at least year 4 of their college career.

JB was 20 for 31 for 180. Factor in what could have been and his day would have been even better. If Jacoby doesn't drop the ball on the first play, he scores a 75 yard TD. If X could have stayed in bounds on the back shoulder throw, it would have been an 18 yard TD. So, with those 2 plays, JB's stats would have been 22/31 for 273 with 3 TD's passing, 1 rushing TD, and 1 interception. More importantly, Miami would have won the game.

JB played fine for his first action in well over a year with the stats he had. He wasn't perfect, but perfection should not have been the expectation. This is what development looks like.

You claim he has limitations that would shoukd prevent him from succeeding at the "P4" level. State what you think they are. From where I'm sitting, it's just you showing bias in the same way people do in other aspects of life. Just replace can't "whatever" with and any verb that suits you.
"Know nada" because I'm not so invested in your man crush "JB" like you are?
"State what you think they are. From where I'm sitting, it's just you showing bias in the same way people do in other aspects of life. Just replace can't "whatever" with and any verb that suits you"
Remember, the Harvard President is in hot water for lifting uncited works of others...Maybe you should refrain from taking someone's sociology paper and trying to apply it to a meritocracy position such as starting QB on a P4 Team. Since I am not in a courtroom, I don't have to "state" anything, but will educate you a little bit:

-Did you even watch Penix at Indiana? Probably not, or you know he had it all on display there but was limited by the surrounding talent and his inability to stay healthy. He stayed four years in the program and saw the writing on the wall with Allen not being able to provide more talent and graduating experience around him. Glad he is healthy and succeeding at UDUB.

- Nix had coaching turbulence (Harsin) and an OL that was going to get him killed if he stays. Stats were relatively good at Auburn and the lesser competiton in the PAC 12//OOC sure helped him blow up his stats. Gets Liberty to feast on now.

So your mancrusch "JB" can only be evaluated by my eyes in games. Don't have the practice film (ask OSUCK if you can get their Catapult account info) but he didn't separate there. Maybe he figured TVD would be the starter, so he would redshirt, but that brings up the competitiveness question. Okay you want the limitations your myopia is preventing you from seeing? Here you go:

Inconsistency: Oh yeah, five good throws or so, but balanced by in the dirts, behind the receiver, or just who knows where they are going. "If X could have stayed inbounds" He caught it where the ball was thrown, dumb@$$! Who threw it there? Yep, your hero "JB"

Decision Making: Rutgers isn't the fastest-playing team, yet "JB" couldn't decide quick enough on his reads and this was slow to use his best asset, pulling the ball down and making positive plays with their secondary in coverage. Sure you say, he just needs more snaps, but this program needs it today, with re-alignment in the next few years a real possibility.

Leadership: This is the one you types who just re-hash games from home never get, maybe because you have never had show it in high stress situations. Miami takes the lead and "JB" is about as communicative as TVD. No, its not screaming on the sidelines, but taking charge and keeping you offense pumped so you don't have to try and win with only seconds left. "JB" was deficient in this not easily measured but critical trait.

Again, I am not a Mario and staff fan, but obviously your favored "JB" has not separated himself with the opportunity given against TVD and Williams. Maybe it is bias: The coaching staff is biased against a QB who isn't competitive and has the deficiencies I "Stated" to you.

Less emotion helps in objective analysis.

Last edited:
I think he isn't ready for prime time and to be the guy in 2024—that Miami absolutely needs Cam Ward or a portal veteran quarterback.

I also think given what we've seen on both, that Emory Williams beats out Jacurri Brown in 2025 for the starting job... so begs the question, why would Brown stay—unless he really believes he can be "the guy" in 2025—which is a lot of time on the bench for a kid who came to South Florida to be a baller.

Gotta believe the kid hits the portal, lest he banks on being a back-up to a back-up at this rate.

Advertisement
I would have liked to see Jacurri get some snaps in all the games after FSU, then see how he performs in the bowl game. Everyone knew TVD was hitting the portal. Why not build for next season?

I also would like to see how Jacurri would have performed in the Pinstripe Bowl without the drops from his veteran receivers.

i think Jacurri deserves a shot. if the Canes don’t get Cam Ward, bring in another veteran QB in the portal to compete with Jacurri and Emory in the spring and fall.

i recall Milroe and the Alabama coaches needed an opportunity to grow from their mistakes after the Texas game. Saben benched Milroe for the Souh Florida game. Previous Alabama OC Bill O’Brien told Milroe to switc positions,

But a new OCand Saben in charge, with a game plan focused on Milroe‘s strengths, he is now a top 10 QB in college football.

So after seeing him in the bowl game, what do the analysts on CIS think of this guy? Is he a future stud or a dud? Not a troll post. Sincerely interested in hearing what you guys think because I was super impressed with him as a recruit…thanks
Needs to stay and develop at least 1 more year but I think for a 1 off game he looked good/better than last year. Let him compete against Emory after the transfer QB this year

"Know nada" because I'm not so invested in your man crush "JB" like you are?

Remember, the Harvard President is in hot water for lifting uncited works of others...Maybe you should refrain from taking someone's sociology paper and trying to apply it to a meritocracy position such as starting QB on a P4 Team. Since I am not in a courtroom, I don't have to "state" anything, but will educate you a little bit:

-Did you even watch Pennix at Indiana? Probably not, or you know he had it all on display there but was limited by the surrounding talent and his inability to stay healthy. He stayed four years in the program and saw the writing on the wall with Allen not being able to provide more talent and graduating experience around him. Glad he is healthy and succeeding at UDUB.

- Nix had coaching turbulence (Harsin) and an OL that was going to get him killed if he stays. Stats were relatively good at Auburn and the lesser competiton in the PAC 12//OOC sure helped him blow up his stats. Gets Liberty to feast on now.

So your mancrusch "JB" can only be evaluated by my eyes in games. Don't have the practice film (ask OSUCK if you can get their Catapult account info) but he didn't separate there. Maybe he figured TVD would be the starter, so he would redshirt, but that brings up the competitiveness question. Okay you want the limitations your myopia is preventing you from seeing? Here you go:

Inconsistency: Oh yeah, five good throws or so, but balanced by in the dirts, behind the receiver, or just who knows where they are going. "If X could have stayed inbounds" He caught it where the ball was thrown, dumb@$$! Who threw it there? Yep, your hero "JB"

Decision Making: Rutgers isn't the fastest-playing team, yet "JB" couldn't decide quick enough on his reads and this was slow to use his best asset, pulling the ball down and making positive plays with their secondary in coverage. Sure you say, he just needs more snaps, but this program needs it today, with re-alignment in the next few years a real possibility.

Leadership: This is the one you types who just re-hash games from home never get, maybe because you have never had show it in high stress situations. Miami takes the lead and "JB" is about as communicative as TVD. No, its not screaming on the sidelines, but taking charge and keeping you offense pumped so you don't have to try and win with only seconds left. "JB" was deficient in this not easily measured but critical trait.

Again, I am not a Mario and staff fan, but obviously your favored "JB" has not separated himself with the opportunity given against TVD and Williams. Maybe it is bias: The coaching staff is biased against a QB who isn't competitive and has the deficiencies I "Stated" to you.

Less emotion helps in objective analysis.
I've watched more years of college football than you have lived. I've watched all the QB's college carees I quoted.

I'm not saying JB is it. Unlike you, I'm not saying he isn't it after one game. He didn't meet your expectations, but who gives a **** what you think!!! You provided nothing to support your blanket statement of his future. Baseless!!!

First of all JB asked to be redshirted
because the staff phuked ip his freshman redhirt just like they did Emory. Emory will likely redshirt his 2nd year like JB.

Inconsistency? He was 20 for 31. That's 65% rounding up if you're not that good at math. WTF are you expecting any QB to do in their first significant playing time in over a year let alone a start?

WTF is "you types?" You making up all this BS about things I never said. Where did I say JB was treated unfairly? You're just making s**t up to try to put me in your predisposed view of who you think I am. You haven't got a fg clue.

You're over here expecting perfection in his first start in over a year. He needed to get into a rhythm. That was to be expected. You're holding JB to higher standard than Penix, Daniels and Nix that you somehow are making excuses for as if you knew them personally or were involved int their programs to have such great knowledge of their situation 3-4 years ago.

Yes, sociology comes into play because that's the choice you made. People making blanket statements from their own predispositions. Show me your posts of similar criticisms of Emory for his FSU performance.

You make up this BS about leadership, mental processing, competitiveness based on 1 game and nothing else. You fill in the blanks with your own predispositions. This is,what people do. I've seen this movie a thousand times.

I don't care if it Emory or JB, but I will stand up for both of them because they are young and have talent. I'm going to respond to our fans making baseless negative coments about our own players. Especially young players that are still developing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I've watched more years of college football than you have lived. I've watched all the QB's college carees I quoted.

I'm not saying g JB is it. Unlike you, I'm not saying he isn't it after one game. He didn't meet your expectations, but who gives a **** what you think!!! You provided nothing to support your blanket statement of his future. Baseless!!! He was 20 for 31. You're over here expecting perfection in his first start in over a year. He was nervous and needed to get into a rhythm. That was to be expected.

Yes, sociology comes into play because that's the choice you made. People making blanket statements from their own predispositions. Show me your posts of similar criticisms of Emory for his FSU performance. I've seen this movie a thousand times.

Glad you got to see Charlie Tate's first year as Head Coach of the 'Canes. Chuck Foreman spoke highly of him and barring his 1978 injury, would be in the Pro HOF, enjoyed seeing him play for the Vikings starting in '72...So I have seen a lot of football too.

False analogy on Williams, he didn't finish the game and "JB" wan't available to play FSU IIRC: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article281086193.html (Paywall)

Yes, sociology comes into play because that's the choice you made. People making blanket statements from their own predispositions.

Obviously someone doesn't have reading comprehension and can't understand the word "Meritocracy"

You provided nothing to support your blanket statement of his future. Baseless!!! He was 20 for 31.
Okay, the myopia glasses are not coming off. I guess you know all. I have run into this before from other experts on CIS:

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/joe-jackson-declares-for-draft.143788/page-8

Glad you got to see Charlie Tate's first year as Head Coach of the 'Canes. Chuck Foreman spoke highly of him and barring his 1978 injury, would be in the Pro HOF, enjoyed seeing him play for the Vikings starting in '72...So I have seen a lot of football too.

False analogy on Williams, he didn't finish the game and "JB" wan't available to play FSU IIRC: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article281086193.html (Paywall)

Obviously someone doesn't have reading comprehension and can't understand the word "Meritocracy"

Okay, the myopia glasses are not coming off. I guess you know all. I have run into this before from other experts on CIS:

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/joe-jackson-declares-for-draft.143788/page-8
You shouldn't even call yourself a fan. You comment more like an FSU or UF idiot!!!!

What does Emory not finishing the FSU game have to do with anything? You were so critical of JB. You're inventing your own criteria that has somehow eliminated Emory from comparison. I don't think being overly critical is fair to either, but you somehow choose to be dismissive of Emory's poor completion percentage against FSU, but choose to label JB as inaccurate although he completed 65% of his passes.

Advertisement
Did we get the Top Wr’s in South Florida the last Two cycles? Are we Recruiting Top QBs? How do players develop?
The answer to all of your questions is also a resounding NO. My point is JB11 does not help us AT ALL, with a P5 starter or any of the questions you posed.

Canesfan79 couldn't disagree with you more on JB. TVD and Williams have thrown balls in the dirt, wide, long, and short. Both Wiliams and TVD had all day long to stand in the pocket to complete a pass. You either have a vendetta against this kid or you're not being objective at all. Considering he didn't play one snap the entire year he did quite well. Does that register with you at all?

Glad Nickster and Number1CanesFan disagree, but ad hominem attacks ("You comment more like an FSU or UF idiot!!!!") or straw man attacks (You either have a vendetta against this kid" and "You're inventing your own criteria that has somehow eliminated Emory from comparison") make you look childish.

1. Emory was never used as a comparison vis a vis "JB" and my assessment of his, so your straw man fails. Was pointing out that YOUR comparison of the two was a faulty analogy as one QB completed a game and one did not get to complete his.

2. Vendetta? Look at this picture:

0e7ab379982857bd6f16ab4086235990-130311337.jpeg

I thought Vinny T (#18) would be a better replacement for #12, but the man in the middle and Howard thought Bernie (sporting a #1)was better prepared...Just because my opinion was countermanded, I didn't get non-sensical and cry there was a "vendetta" against Vinnie...Grow the #$&* up and stop watching Netflix shows of Harry and Meghan whining and live in the real world.

3. Go ahead a check my post history. Guarantee you will see me agree with SWFL Cane on Emory replacing TVD because he was checked out (see Wisconsin Transfer). You got me...Except Brown wasn't available since he was (by his own volition, it was reported) redshirting. So I can't pull for a guy to replace TVD if he isn't competing. That is called logic.

4. As a 'Canes fan for near 45 years, I would love for "JB" to light it up and lead the team to double digit wins and beyond. OP asked a simple question and I answered it. You didn't like it, I provided further reasons why I believed it and you still don't like me not agreeing with you. You have the problem with needing validation from others, I'm fine in my own skin.

Allar did not take the step i expected of him this year, playing awful down the stretch. That said, he's light years better than any QB on this roster.

As bad as Allar has been at times going through progressions and holding the ball too long, that Penn State staff is even worse at drawing up an offense that fits his skills.....and those WRs up there are bad. Singleton is being used incorrectly as well.
That’s all great, but if Jacurri had the number of errant throws that Allar did against Ohio State (****, in the first quarter alone) this board would want his scholarship taken away at halftime. Missing 5 yard slants by 3 feet and not being able to hit a short out have nothing to do with the offensive scheme.

Advertisement
Back