Thoughts on Jacurri

Dgixxer252525

Recruit
Premium
So after seeing him in the bowl game, what do the analysts on CIS think of this guy? Is he a future stud or a dud? Not a troll post. Sincerely interested in hearing what you guys think because I was super impressed with him as a recruit…thanks

Advertisement
Think in 25 he can be good, obviously if he’s our starter then it’s gonna be dicey next year but I think considering he didn’t play a down all year, two best OL and a starting WR were opted out, he played very well

He had the terrible interception but other than that he played well enough to win. He had 3 dimes, one that Jacoby dropped on the first play and two to X in the end zone. Made me feel way better about his accuracy

Not sure how people have decided on him after one game a year after being thrown in as a true freshman.

Made some good deep throws which I didn’t expect. Some meh short throws. Can’t tell if he checked down at end but also not sure how much could have been Mario handcuffs on Dawson too. 4&2 as an example vs earlier in game when JB made the run

Looked better than FSU QB did a few years ago and look where he ended up

Advertisement
So after seeing him in the bowl game, what do the analysts on CIS think of this guy? Is he a future stud or a dud? Not a troll post. Sincerely interested in hearing what you guys think because I was super impressed with him as a recruit…thanks
Listen, JB played well. He played well enough to win. The OC and Cristobal only opened up when we were in desperation. JB should have played the last 4 games. JB is not a finished product ... yet. Clearly he was better than many expected. I hope he stays. I see that he could start in 2025.

30% of JB's game was not on display ... simply because the playbook was limited. Some of the biggest plays a QB makes is when he is trying to go downfield and the QB has to make a play with his legs. Against Rutgers, JB was on a leash.

Might as well post this in here for others.. He has talent, for a guy who hasnt taken a live snap in over a year I think he played decent, which is what I expected from a high upside talent coming out of high school, I am sure I posted multiple time we KNEW he was a project with high upside, he came to Miami with idea he would SIT behind TWO QBs and be developed by a coach who believed in him and had a scheme that had versatility for his skills in Lashlee.

He had MULTIPLE interviews his freshman year that showed he was self aware that he needed time to marinate and had RIGHT attitude towards that, I said he needed a redshirt and the earliest we should have ANY expectations was late redshirt freshman year to beginning of 3rd year. He is on schedule. the problem is QB room went to ****, Lashlee bounce, and unnecessary pressure was put on his development like MANY other players in this program. He should go to a team where HC has style of offense that fits his skills AND believes and has track record of development.

Advertisement
Might as well post this in here for others.. He has talent, for a guy who hasnt taken a live snap in over a year I think he played decent, which is what I expected from a high upside talent coming out of high school, I am sure I posted multiple time we KNEW he was a project with high upside, he came to Miami with idea he would SIT behind TWO QBs and be developed by a coach who believed in him and had a scheme that had versatility for his skills in Lashlee.

He had MULTIPLE interviews his freshman year that showed he was self aware that he needed time to marinate and had RIGHT attitude towards that, I said he needed a redshirt and the earliest we should have ANY expectations was late redshirt freshman year to beginning of 3rd year. He is on schedule. the problem is QB room went to ****, Lashlee bounce, and unnecessary pressure was put on his development like MANY other players in this program. He should go to a team where HC has style of offense that fits his skills AND believes and has track record of development.

Can tell he will keep getting better I just dont believe in our development or scheme. He doesn't fit what Miami needs.

His pick was bad bad. He missed some passes a D 1 qb shouldn’t miss: with that said I’d like to keep him as a developmental qb. They could use him short yardage situations and let him continue to work on his passing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back