Thoughts on Jacurri

You can’t sit and gain experience it doesn’t work that way.
I didn’t say, “sit and gain expedience”. I said sit behind experience, as in an experienced portal QB. Yes, it’s impossible to gain experience while sitting.

Advertisement
I didn’t say, “sit and gain expedience”. I said sit behind experience, as in an experienced portal QB. Yes, it’s impossible to gain experience while sitting.
Battle it out for the #2 slot for 2024 and then battle for the #1 slot in 2025.

If either JB or Emory are the staring QB in 2024, UM is in trouble. It will be another 7-5 season. Right now I have doubts either of them should ever start. Seen enough of JB to not expect that he will ever have the accuracy needed to win and compete for the playoffs. Can you win with him, yes. But there will be games where is arm is needed at the end, and I doubt he will be able to consistently pull it off. Yes, I would hope he is good enough to be beat the Rutgers out there (and now that is in question), but don't see it for beating ranked teams the majority of the time (and certainly not if UM is trailing in the 4th and needs a critical drive with some crucial throws). Maybe after another year, he develops, but I doubt it, and if we are able to bring in someone from the portal, I don't see him staying.
I'd also be surprised if Emory if the future, but you have to give him another year to see how well he progresses. Despite the coaches playing him, the way they handicapped the game plan for him, it was clear that they knew he was not ready in 2023. Can't write him off yet, but due to the odds, UM better have several alternatives to compete with him for 2025.

You do not win in college football, especially now, with "youth movements," and "letting the players develop." You win by getting the best players available, right now.

There are way better QBs than Jacurri Brown and Emory Williams. Get two of them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back