Thoughts on Jacurri

Advertisement
I'm not disagreeing with you but he is light years better than JB11
He was a top 5 QB prospect while Jacurri was a known project. I’d expect him to be better at this point.

But he’s also slow footed as ****, and if you’re only completing 61% of your passes when you don’t bring a running element to the game you’re playing bad football.

JB11 should start next year. The team will be young, they are not winning anything next year. I’m for the youth movement next season. An hitting the portal for supplements to make a run the following season 2025. Truth is we don’t know jack about any of these kids except their 247 ranking. Develop some talent dumb azzes

Advertisement
We have a contingent of fans who either want to win 4 games max next year, or are outright theologically invested in Brown as a QB. He gives us NO CHANCE.

So after seeing him in the bowl game, what do the analysts on CIS think of this guy? Is he a future stud or a dud? Not a troll post. Sincerely interested in hearing what you guys think because I was super impressed with him as a recruit…thanks
2nd or 3rd string QB!

Just ask yourselves this,.. does Jacurri starting at qb for this university next year; attract us the top WR’s in south Florida and beyond? The answer is no. Done…

Might as well post this in here for others.. He has talent, for a guy who hasnt taken a live snap in over a year I think he played decent, which is what I expected from a high upside talent coming out of high school, I am sure I posted multiple time we KNEW he was a project with high upside, he came to Miami with idea he would SIT behind TWO QBs and be developed by a coach who believed in him and had a scheme that had versatility for his skills in Lashlee.

He had MULTIPLE interviews his freshman year that showed he was self aware that he needed time to marinate and had RIGHT attitude towards that, I said he needed a redshirt and the earliest we should have ANY expectations was late redshirt freshman year to beginning of 3rd year. He is on schedule. the problem is QB room went to ****, Lashlee bounce, and unnecessary pressure was put on his development like MANY other players in this program. He should go to a team where HC has style of offense that fits his skills AND believes and has track record of development.

**** that’s pretty good stats man! I ain’t gonna lie, I didn’t know he did that well. He only threw 2 deep passes all game though. Arm strength is one of his gifts and we only threw 2. I would have liked to see more rollouts and boots. Kid was running for his life behind nepotism on the oline! And the drops didn’t help him much. As you said, missing one WR and another didn’t show up. Also, X’s heels clearly hits the ground before his butt did! Lastly, INT is on the coaches. The announcer stated that Rutgers likes to sneak LBs underneath in zone when they blitz.. how did we not see this and make sure he does not throw that pass there when they zone blitz. I believe we motioned someone on that play and knew it was zone.

Advertisement
There is some talent there, but he has too many limitations to be a D1 P4 (for now) Starting QB. Miami's coaching turbulence has not helped, but he can't separate from a true Freshman? Alarm bells.
Love the vague "too many limitations to dtart at P4." What limitations? You know nada.

Look at the top college QBs headed to the NFL draft. They were nothing 2 years ago. Bo Nix was terrible at Auburn. Penix didn't take off until transfering to Washington for year 5 & 6 of his college football career. Jaden Daniel's had a terrible 2021 season at Arizona State with 10 TDs and 10 INTS, yet Kelly saw something in him to transfer to LSU. Now he's the Heisman Trophy winner.

All of these guys didn't have great success until at least year 4 of their college careers.

JB was 20 for 31 for 180. Factor in what could have been and his day would have been even better. If Jacoby doesn't drop the ball on the first play, he scores a 75 yard TD. If X could have stayed in bounds on the back shoulder throw, it would have been an 18 yard TD. So, with those 2 plays, JB's stats would have been 22/31 for 273 with 3 TD's passing, 1 rushing TD, and 1 interception. More importantly, Miami would have won the game.

JB played fine for his first action in well over a year with the stats he had. He wasn't perfect, but perfection should not have been the expectation. This is what development looks like.

You claim he has limitations that would shoukd prevent him from succeeding at the "P4" level. State what you think they are. From where I'm sitting, it's just you showing bias in the same way people do in other aspects of life. Just replace can't "whatever" with and any verb that suits you.

Last edited:
For all you experts that seem to know everything I say this. None of US know exactly how a QB is going to turn out until they get playing experience. I don't why there is so mucHnegativity concerning JB. The kid has natural ability that you can't teach. Certainly you must consider the following. How about if Mario the Baker let JB play the least 4 games behind an offensive line that TVD and Wlliams were able to play with. Not only would the results been different but the kid would have gained much more valuable experience. Instead Mario stymied his growth which is par for the course. I feel what's holding him back is our poor coaching staff and not running plays the suit his style of play. Either way, if he leaves and goes to an environment conducive to his skill set I think you'll find the young man becomes very successful. He made some throws the other day that Emory just can't make but remember this wasn't the same OL play. The kid did very well considering that there was a drop pass that was a possible TD from George, and the loss of Mark Fletcher, and a makeshift OL. I'm in JB's corner but I also like Williams. I do think this portal QB search has turned into a fiasco and it's a shame we can't better QB's here. It all comes down to Mario running his dinosaur offensive scheme. Happy New Year to All!

We would have been better off with him as QB2 this year over Emory.

He beats Clemson the same as Emory.
He could have beat NCSt (not sure why we played TVD. I think even Emory would have beat NCSt).
He could have beat FSU (Emory was bad that game).

I think we would have had 1 or 2 more wins this year if we had developed him as QB2 and planned multiple packages around him and used him in some crucial short distance situations (like goalline against Lou).

I like Jacurri he’s a good kid but please for the love of God he can’t be the starter next season. After 20+ years of ineptitude theres no time for another Luigi experiment.

If they go with JB as the starter I will do exactly what I did when they hired Manny watch something else.

Advertisement
Our staff is too scared to open up the O more than a couple drives a game. Do that and maybe one of the young QBs can gain some confidence and experience in a decent O. Instead, we play scared. Brown has his limits, but he will ALWAYS have his limits if you don't let him work them out. There's a reason parents take training wheels off of bikes. Our staff refuses to do it.
This right here ☝️

So after seeing him in the bowl game, what do the analysts on CIS think of this guy? Is he a future stud or a dud? Not a troll post. Sincerely interested in hearing what you guys think because I was super impressed with him as a recruit…thanks
He could be a stud if given the right system and playing time. Look what Hooker did at Tennessee or Tebow in Florida. No reason given a good system he couldn’t do that as well. Today’s football you need a running threat at QB that is why teams sat back and played zone on TVD he was no threat. With our OLine and RB he could feast. But, I don’t think we will see that happen here.

Advertisement
I hate FSU, but that Glenn kid is a QB...Curri is not

He could be a stud if given the right system and playing time. Look what Hooker did at Tennessee or Tebow in Florida. No reason given a good system he couldn’t do that as well. Today’s football you need a running threat at QB that is why teams sat back and played zone on TVD he was no threat. With our OLine and RB he could feast. But, I don’t think we will see that happen here.
Penix. Daniel's. Nix. All were a shell of what they are now. It took each of them a minimum 4 years to shine.

I'm not saying JB will be the next Heisman. I'm saying give him time to develop. I don't think he gets the opportunity here because they have already mismanaged his development. Mario is under too much pressure to win in year 3. Hence the search for an experienced transafer QB.

JB should only stay if he gets an opportunity to develop on the field even as QB2. Otherwise, he's better off going somewhere where he can get on-the-field development. QBs need game experience so they can learn. They get film that they can be coached on.

Advertisement
Back