Thoughts on Jacurri

Advertisement
So after seeing him in the bowl game, what do the analysts on CIS think of this guy? Is he a future stud or a dud? Not a troll post. Sincerely interested in hearing what you guys think because I was super impressed with him as a recruit…thanks
I do not think he is even as good as N'kosi Perry. Perry never turned into a good college QB.

You’re fooling yourself if you think he’s passed up Emory as far as the staff’s eyes.

I’m not sure what the obsession is for some as far as JB goes. Circumstances leading up to the game aside, he had an opportunity to start and finish a game. He had some good moments, some bad moments, and a particularly ugly one which led to points.

The reality is he struggles with pocket presence, does not keep his eyes downfield enough, and misses a lot of options available to him. My suggestion is find an all 22 and watch the game if you weren’t at it like myself. The difference will make you pull your hair out. It brought back visions of Jaren Williams against UF in 2019. The read option decisions at times were brutal and success is a true crapshoot.

It’s time to flush the system as far as JB goes. My opinion aside he will be #3 if he’s even here next year.

Advertisement
When I look at Jacurri Brown I do not see Cam Newton or Steve Young, or any of the other great dual-threat QB's. When I look at Jacurri Brown I see David Njoku. I see George Kittle.

IMO every day this kid spends trying to cram a square peg in a round hole is a day that he's not working towards his true potential as a football player.
Just curious what have u seen that makes you think Njoku or Kittle-like? Those 2 are dynamic NFL players and when you see Brown you see them? Is it cause Jacurri is a tall brother who seems like he can run but cant throw so naturally he can transition over to TE and play over Riley Williams, Arroyo etc?

I always trip out when we throw these wild comparisons around to people that simply are nothing more than average at best.

I would roll with JB now over Drew Allar and Allar won 10 games this year.
I’m all for JB as the starter next year, it’s not like this team is competing for a NC anytime soon.
You cannot possibly be serious.

You’re fooling yourself if you think he’s passed up Emory as far as the staff’s eyes.

I’m not sure what the obsession is for some as far as JB goes. Circumstances leading up to the game aside, he had an opportunity to start and finish a game. He had some good moments, some bad moments, and a particularly ugly one which led to points.

The reality is he struggles with pocket presence, does not keep his eyes downfield enough, and misses a lot of options available to him. My suggestion is find an all 22 and watch the game if you weren’t at it like myself. The difference will make you pull your hair out. It brought back visions of Jaren Williams against UF in 2019. The read option decisions at times were brutal and success is a true crapshoot.

It’s time to flush the system as far as JB goes. My opinion aside he will be #3 if he’s even here next year.
Thoughts on what happens at quarterback? Ward or someone else out of the portal?

Advertisement
He deserves a shot as a backup-

I don’t think this is the place for him-

He needs elite coaching which I don’t think he’ll get here.

For JB not to have a short yardage package the last 4 games when he would still get his redshirt is unconscionable.
I thought JB looked better than what Ohio state threw out there yesterday. Don't know why we can’t keep him and see what’s there in a year .

Thoughts on what happens at quarterback? Ward or someone else out of the portal?
Portal, although until he’s on campus any and all understandings mean nothing. I’m on team anyone who can lead this team and win.

If and until the man steps on campus it’s Emory’s job to lose next year. I’m in his camp but ultimately he and the program would be better served with him taking the helm in 25’

Advertisement
I find it interesting that the overwhelming majority of my fellow porsters on CIS don’t think Jacurri is a starting caliber qb, but fully expected him to go in and win a bowl game. That seems like a lot to ask of the kid
Multiple people in here also have said he’s been here for 3 years. There are some that are probably too high on his potential (myself included), but the anti-Jacurri crowd feels ******* weird about it, even to the point of just making **** up.

Portal, although until he’s on campus any and all understandings mean nothing. I’m on team anyone who can lead this team and win.

If and until the man steps on campus it’s Emory’s job to lose next year. I’m in his camp but ultimately he and the program would be better served with him taking the helm in 25’

Emory’s job to lose? No… it’s an open competition unless we get a portal qb. Emory did not play that well to be slotted in as a starter if healthy. He and JB needs development.

X and Horton made some great catches, otherwise his numbers were worse. He throws a solid deep ball but his short pass are a nightmare.

@SWFLHurricane probably noticed but there was only two games after a&m when I felt like this team when hyped and full of energy and it was the games when emory started, Clemson and fsu.

JB seems like a good kid, I hope whether its here or somewhere else he does well.
Emory did nothing in those 2 games. He may end up being a very good player. But he was the worse qb I saw all year. His passes look worse than Jaccuri

Advertisement
I saw enough balls thrown in the dirt to open receivers to see that #1 there is hope if we can find a next level QB.
And #2, there is no hope that brown will ever be more than a run first g5 or lower QB. Argue if you want and yes he made some plays but too many were missed.

For JB not to have a short yardage package the last 4 games when he would still get his redshirt is unconscionable.
I thought JB looked better than what Ohio state threw out there yesterday. Don't know why we can’t keep him and see what’s there in a year .
THERE'S no point in the "package " thing. The team doesn't need him to line up as a QB and run. There are RBs to do that. If he were more of a passing threat where the defense wasn't sure what he would do, I could see it.

I don't know why he didn't get time in the 4 alloted games to red shirt = I'm guessing it's because Dawson had his hands full getting the rest of the offense up to speed, including TVD and Emory. He simply didn't put the effort into bringing JB along in the offense. Just my opinion.

THERE'S no point in the "package " thing. The team doesn't need him to line up as a QB and run. There are RBs to do that. If he were more of a passing threat where the defense wasn't sure what he would do, I could see it.
If you’re in a spot where the defense is absolutely certain you’re running the ball (so, anytime we’re in a 3rd or 4th and less than 4), there absolutely is a point in adding in an additional threat to run the ball.

Advertisement
Back