Thoughts on Ivins mock class

All in all I would be fine with Ivins class outside of OL...Maybe Walker or Moise helps there though.

I would prefer more size at corner, but I don't see any reason to be down on that class...

(Assuming no walker or other OL), I'd grade that class
QB= B (obvious tools, I don't like to hear coachibility issues either, but one small issue could be getting blown out of proportion, this is the internet high school sports world)
RB= A-
WR= A (not even incl Curtis)
TE= A
OL= B (love getting all 3 commits, just need more...IT'S THE BIGGEST NEED ON THE TEAM! so if we get some portal help then can tolerate this)
DT= B+
DE= A- (including Metayer, love Sager)
LB= A
CB= A- (including Curtis here)
S= B+
K= A...But who knows

Like many of you I think Chase Smith should be in this class, I'll admit that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
RB-Need 2 rbs this class

Would like to see it, just have a lot of needs right now.

OL-Need 4-5 guys

DE-Solid haul/Don’t know much about Sagar but if Metayer doesn’t want to play DE then he shouldn’t be in this class.

Agree with all of this.

DT-Thought we are taking 2 but I wouldn’t be opposed to 3 as long as they are solid prospects

Gotta stack here imo...3 for sure if no Moise. If Moise is in then can go to 2...Or MAYBE MAYBE even 1, although I never like to see 1 DT only in a class.

All in all I would be fine with Ivins class outside of OL...Maybe Walker or Moise helps there though.

I would prefer more size at corner, but I don't see any reason to be down on that class...

(Assuming no walker or other OL), I'd grade that class
QB= B (obvious tools, I don't like to hear coachibility issues either, but one small issue could be getting blown out of proportion, this is the internet high school sports world)
RB= A-
WR= A (not even incl Curtis)
TE= A
OL= B (love getting all 3 commits, just need more...so if we get some portal help then can tolerate this)
DT= B+
DE= A- (including Metayer, love Sager)
LB= A
CB= A- (including Curtis here)
S= B+
K= A...But who knows, and we need a punter unless we have a standout walk-on.

Like many of you I think Chase Smith should be in this class, I'll admit that.
Hedley has another year. 2022 they’ll get a punter

Advertisement
Would like to see it, just have a lot of needs right now.

Agree with all of this.

Gotta stack here imo...3 for sure if no Moise. If Moise is in then can go to 2...Or MAYBE MAYBE even 1, although I never like to see 1 DT only in a class.
I was thinking that too. If Moise doesn’t come or if he moves to OL then take 2-3 DT’s. I always like to see 7-8 DE and DT on the roster.

Advertisement
So Ivins releases this today and mentioned he went conservative.

QB Aaron McLaughlin - Ehh I would rather take JT. I personally don’t like that there are complaints about his football intelligence and I would rather take a lower rated QB we could develop...and still take JT.

RB Thad Franklin - As expected.

WR Malik Nabers - He doesn’t like his CB to UM that much anymore. Either or this would be great

WR Jacolby George - Being how this class ended up in this mock it makes sense. No Alexis or Yul would end up with Jacolby. Talented kid so I definitely wouldn’t be upset but that fact that Alexis isn’t here is disappointing.

WR Romello Brinson - Mello over Alexis? Idk about that. A & M is a threat as we already know but I personally believe Mello has a lesser chance than Jaden.

TE Kahlil Brantley - Expected

TE Elijah Arroyo - Expected

OL Ryan Rodriguez - Expected

OL Laurence Seymore - Expected

OL Michael McLaughlin - Expected

DL Allan Haye - Expected

DL Christopher Thomas - 2 run stoppers? Ok I guess since we’re taking 3.

DL George Rooks - Um what? So this is sort of possible I guess because he’s leaning to the Orange but this would require a visit. Talented kid and he’s def a pass rusher but what?

DE Jabari Ishmael - expected

DE Sebastian Sagar- Doesn’t make sense and you see why once you get to the bottom of this list. Talented kid but it doesn’t make sense.

LB Tyler Johnson - expected

LB Ja'Corey Hammett - So there’s no Chase Smith making this take awful. I don’t care how good of an edge rusher he is. Him over Chase Smith would be horrendous.

LB Jaydon Hood - So good news. Apparently the Michigan people who put the CB in don’t know his mom went to UM.

CB Malik Curtis - Expected

CB Tim Burns Jr. - Over Tar’Varish? Yikes. I’m not even going to say it.

CB Kevin Knowles - Again over Tar’Varish. It’s not as bad as Tim Burns but still if he’s being conservative how is he not here? I wouldn’t be mad if Kevin got in but I wouldn’t be thrilled either.

S Kamren Kinchens - So he says safety isn’t a glaring need and I sort of agree. I would probably go Kam over anybody not named James.

K Andres Borregales - Expected

ATH Chamon Metayer - And this is why Sager doesn’t make sense. Everybody knows he’s only here if he plays DE so unless there’s info he’s playing DE why is he here? And if he is why is Sager here?

Thoughts overall: Yikes. No Jaden Alexis, no Yul, No Dawson, no Chase Smith, DL class is ok but there’s no proof of it, the CB class is underwhelming, and some of this I just don’t get. I would love to get Rooks but we’re not really involved. I don’t see how Yul wouldn’t be here if Jaden says no when HE said he’s behind Jaden. No Chase Smith even as the athlete is inexcusable. How would you let a kid(who’s a legacy) like that walk? What’s your thoughts?
What's wrong with burns?

Thoughts overall: Yikes. No Jaden Alexis, no Yul, No Dawson, no Chase Smith, DL class is ok but there’s no proof of it, the CB class is underwhelming, and some of this I just don’t get. I would love to get Rooks but we’re not really involved. I don’t see how Yul wouldn’t be here if Jaden says no when HE said he’s behind Jaden. No Chase Smith even as the athlete is inexcusable. How would you let a kid(who’s a legacy) like that walk? What’s your thoughts?
[/QUOTE]
Ivins said it was a conservative mock. Personally I'm taking Alexis over Nabers and George if possible. Metayer won't be in the class most likely. I'm surprised he kept him in. I get your overall point but considering how things are now I get why he did his mock this way.

Like at QB, I don't see us get McLaughlin. Nor Milore or the kid that decommitted from VaTech. I hope we get Chase but I don't think we lead at all. I'd say UF is in a better position for him but he's no lock to them or us. CB recruiting is no surprise. I expect it to be underwhelming based on the last 15 years. It's sad but Ivins mock is a good projection for what might happen. Maybe Rumph gets another one of his second signing day steals but that luck will run out at some point.

Advertisement
Shut up.... This **** is really getting old. Diaz just turned chicken **** into chicken salad with his last class and landed the best Kicker,QB and DE transfer available and you still **** on him for recruiting. Anytime a middle of the pack ACC team like us is able to land a top 15 class after losing more games then you won is truly something special

Triggered?

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure we arent even recruiting McLaughlin like that tbh. We have at least 4 to 5 guys if not more higher on our board

Which means Miami will be left chasing a dude like McLaughlin when they miss on their first 4-5 choices

Losing out on alexis would kill me tbh. I've never felt more confident on a sure thing as him man.

I think we may lead and like where UM stands but that confident? Because the competition is going to be the big boys? Do you know the kid or have some inside information?

Advertisement
Back