Thoughts on Ivins mock class

Advertisement
Of course the class we’ll be underwhelming, Manny Diaz is the head coach
Shut up.... This **** is really getting old. Diaz just turned chicken **** into chicken salad with his last class and landed the best Kicker,QB and DE transfer available and you still **** on him for recruiting. Anytime a middle of the pack ACC team like us is able to land a top 15 class after losing more games then you won is truly something special

I haven’t heard anything about slowplaying Chase Smith.
Good to hear. I only know what I read and just hasn’t been much material on him, especially on 247. Seems like a versatile player we just need to add and figure out position later.

Advertisement
Agreed. Coaches not winning because of lack of talent is just an excuse. Look at Iowa, Wisconsin, VT, and even UNC (who is getting talent this year). All winning with 3 star talent. In any case, we've had more talant than our division foes for over a decade. So,winning is not based solely on talent.

We had a cupcake schedule last year and couldn't get it done. Last year, there was clearly a culture problem on the team and I believe was handled very poorly. IDK if that changes in one year.
UNC has a future top 5 pick at QB and they didn't win much last year... Wisconsin and Iowa have a system that's been in place for years... Manny has been here one year and is still trying to figure out the kind of program he wants. One thing is for sure is he is the only coach we have had since Butch who brought our offense out of the stone ages. He made the 3 best hires on Offense we have made in a very long time.

Advertisement
Shut up.... This **** is really getting old. Diaz just turned chicken **** into chicken salad with his last class and landed the best Kicker,QB and DE transfer available and you still **** on him for recruiting. Anytime a middle of the pack ACC team like us is able to land a top 15 class after losing more games then you won is truly something special
I think our recruiting has out-performed our on-field performance and coaching. I can’t complain about the recruiting based on the product we put on the field.

I have hope on the offense. Not so much on defensive staph as a whole.

I think our recruiting has out-performed our on-field performance and coaching. I can’t complain about the recruiting based on the product we put on the field.

I have hope on the offense. Not so much on defensive staph as a whole.
Defense should be fine, pass Rush will be elite and Safety play will be top notch. These strengths will make up for our weaknesses at CB and inexperience at LB. We should be fine at CB as long as Blades can stay healthy.

Advertisement
No disrespect to any of the wr but this is sofla and if that’s all we get it’s the biggest fail at that position in years.

with no spring, no first look at the new OC, or even at the freshmen, idk how you expect better after a bad season. if we win, i think well be fine.

Advertisement
QB-Ehhh
RB-Need 2 rbs this class
WR-Solid haul there
TE-We are done
OL-Need 4-5 guys
DE-Solid haul/Don’t know much about Sagar but if Metayer doesn’t want to play DE then he shouldn’t be in this class.
DT-Thought we are taking 2 but I wouldn’t be opposed to 3 as long as they are solid prospects
LB-Good that Hood is in there
CB-I’m down with 3 guys
S-1 guy works for me as long as we take 3 cbs
K-Dude has a leg and a half times 45

Advertisement
Back