Thoughts on banner and those asking for Golden's job.

Advertisement
i dont disagree that the DC should have been fired last year. That would have been wonderful, but it did not happen and it is not likely to happen during the season.

golden has a lot of great qualities that at least the last two coaches have not had. i would retain him with the proviso that there be significant change and upgrading on the defensive side. if he accepts this, then this would show me that he has the capacity to change and alter courses. if he does not, he is likely to lose his job.

None of his great qualities have anything to do with football. He has great hair and is well spoken. His recruiting is average to above average, his player development is terrible, his game day coaching is terrible, his game planning is terrible, his in game adjustments are terrible, his inability to play to the strengths of his players and forcing his scheme is the epitome of incompetence and negligence, he is loyal to the detriment of the players and program, he's put together one of the worst coaching staffs in the country, he personally coaches the special teams unit and they are terrible, his defensive philosophy is beyond incompetent. Please point out to me what are his good qualities. You've bought into the BS package that Golden presents during press conferences and interviews. Dig a little deeper and you will see he's an empty suit that is a detriment to this program. Open your eyes.

Pro - Goldie has decent hair... oh, you said that.

people argue that this is golden's fourth year and that we should be better. i agree we should be better, but i look at this as this is his second year, given that his first two years were negated by the shapiro scandal. i give him 2 more years. however, there has to be a material upgrade at the DC and position coach level, and i think this will happen AFTER the season is over.

golden is a smart person and he knows he's in a pickle. he's not going to go down with the ship to save the DC. and he is not going to out his DC right now and say the scheme sucks and needs to be changed. what kind of message would this send to the players that have to buy into and execute the scheme? the most likely scenario that i see is that the DC will resign rather than be fired. a new DC will come in and perhaps upgrade position coaches. the OC has issues to, but there may be some more patience there given his shorter tenure and his ability to recruit.

i like golden as a head coach as long as he shows he is flexible enough to make the changes he needs. this year will tell us whether he is or he is not.

Negged

i dont disagree that the DC should have been fired last year. That would have been wonderful, but it did not happen and it is not likely to happen during the season.

golden has a lot of great qualities that at least the last two coaches have not had. i would retain him with the proviso that there be significant change and upgrading on the defensive side. if he accepts this, then this would show me that he has the capacity to change and alter courses. if he does not, he is likely to lose his job.
LULZ at this stupid mantra that Folden has a lot of great qualities the last 2 guys didn't have.

Just say it. You think he's hotter than Coker, and you like how he speaks better than Shannon. As a football coach, he's a giant pile of **** who had produced inferior results to the last two failures.

Advertisement
thats-my-quarterback.jpg

That's my administrator!

Golden's hair isn't even that nice. We had ******* Jimmy Johnson's hair. Golden's hair isn't in the same stratosphere. No volume.

people argue that this is golden's fourth year and that we should be better. i agree we should be better, but i look at this as this is his second year, given that his first two years were negated by the shapiro scandal. i give him 2 more years. however, there has to be a material upgrade at the DC and position coach level, and i think this will happen AFTER the season is over.

golden is a smart person and he knows he's in a pickle. he's not going to go down with the ship to save the DC. and he is not going to out his DC right now and say the scheme sucks and needs to be changed. what kind of message would this send to the players that have to buy into and execute the scheme? the most likely scenario that i see is that the DC will resign rather than be fired. a new DC will come in and perhaps upgrade position coaches. the OC has issues to, but there may be some more patience there given his shorter tenure and his ability to recruit.

i like golden as a head coach as long as he shows he is flexible enough to make the changes he needs. this year will tell us whether he is or he is not.

There's so much wrong with this post I don't even know where to start.

Negged...if I could neg you 400 more times I would. There's no more excuses for the level of ineptness this staff has displayed. If you're still on board adopt a new team and go root for another program.

Advertisement

I cant believe you would even hit "post quick reply" after typing this. You should have known youd get eaten alive on this board. As has been said plenty of times before : Goldens overall appoach to the game is terrible. His schemes suck. We have all come to the conclusion that its Goldens scheme and not shapiro, recruiting and resources that is holding us back.... so with that said.... What would 2-4 more years change? like really? what would it change?

Al Golden makes Larry Coker look like Vince Lombardi. Have never seen a less competent coach in my life. He needs to go.

Advertisement
I believe Al Golden should get one more year. But, he must change the Defensive Coordinator. Giving up 34 points to a subpar Cincinnati team is completely unacceptable.

Advertisement

You look at this as his second year because you are a loser with no expectations for this program.

Smart people don't wait 4 years to change something that hasn't worked for all 4 years. You are a mouth breather of the highest order.

you like meaningful dialogue or do you simply like to attack people?
I love to have meaningful dialogue with people who are intelligent. I do like to attack troglodytes, however. I hope that answers your question.

I don't agree with rsa either, but since an administrator started this with a "look at me" post, and a moderator responded in this thread.....here is your own **** "most significant" rule:

Number one, no racism
Number two, no intentionally posting false info. We'll call this the whoopingcane rule.
Number three, and this is the most significant: no personal insults. I know this is an argument board, so there will be smart-*** comments. That's normal. But when you get in an insult battle with a poster, the thread stops being about football. You can say that a post is idiotic. But don't say "You're a ****ing idiot." You can call out a poster for being wrong. But don't say, "You're dancing around like a Kansas City "***g0t."

The funny thing is that there are a lot of people (against my better judgement, myself included) who are willing to give Golden more time if he could show some willingness to stop doing what clearly isn't working....but he won't. He seems like a very decent man, someone who you want to root for. But he is just to stuck in his ways. In life you adapt or die, its time for the Golden era to die.
I see no light at the end of the tunnel. The man has had 4 years to fix this horrid D, if he has not done it by now he will never do it. The man is so stubborn that he does not see he is committing career suicide.

We keep confusing the fact that there are "fans" and "Fans with money"
- The administration didn't listen to the fans when they bought the "fire butch - national champs to national chumps" banner

first year fourth year tenth year dont matter, his scheme doesnt put players in a position to win

Advertisement
Back