Thoughts on banner and those asking for Golden's job.

Advertisement
In my opinion calls for the firing of Al Golden are currently much louder than they were at the same point in the season when Coker and Shannon were in charge.

IMO, it's denial. We had 4-6 comparative down seasons in the '90s before returning with a vengeance to the absolute peak, perhaps higher than previously. Everybody expected a rerun, that we were birthrighted a rerun. Now we're beyond the timetable, and with no end in sight. Consequently the guy in charge is despised, and more than his predecessors. If the order were reversed, Coker would be feeling this heat and Golden would be the swell but overmatched guy we won a title with.

Frankly, I expect a rerun of this. Without the Orange Bowl and given our current stadium situation, I think we'll be hard pressed to return to legit national prominence. It would take extreme good fortunate in hiring the perfect guy. I think we'll see ongoing 3-4 year periods of hope and unrest, a laundry list of fires.

I don't care about the banner but I have to laugh at the timing. I'm going to the game but have no reason to leave my house by 10:40 even though I'm more than 20 miles away. Let's face it, that banner is designed for the media to take a picture of it, not for fans to look at it. He should have saved his money and done a mock up, like one of those phony little UFO models. A little bit of computer technology and we can pretend it actually was full scale and flew.

You see i don't believe good fortune is what made Miami...never will. Its competence, guys who come in a strictly stick to the formula of what made Miami great, starting with where and who we recruit and also the style we play with and the philosophy. We are located so close to the best players that you have to be real incompetent to mess up here and all 3 recent coaches have done that. Over thinking and over doing stuff.

Get all the best players from south Florida, make them you bread and butter, get them on campus and cut them loose. Period. Before last year FSU had gone one year longer than we had without a title, they have always had money. The style we play with now, is not recognizeable to any Miami team anyone has ever seen. Lou Saban maybe. Its freaking hard to recruit South Florida with that. Golden has the smartest guy in the room syndrome and its his demise. Get a guy who knows players win you games, not schemes. Not just talk the talk but walk the walk. A workoholic. And we need that guy now. And while we are at it, luck out and get a President who is a football fan.

IMO, it's denial. We had 4-6 comparative down seasons in the '90s before returning with a vengeance to the absolute peak, perhaps higher than previously. Everybody expected a rerun, that we were birthrighted a rerun. Now we're beyond the timetable, and with no end in sight. Consequently the guy in charge is despised, and more than his predecessors. If the order were reversed, Coker would be feeling this heat and Golden would be the swell but overmatched guy we won a title with.

Frankly, I expect a rerun of this. Without the Orange Bowl and given our current stadium situation, I think we'll be hard pressed to return to legit national prominence. It would take extreme good fortunate in hiring the perfect guy. I think we'll see ongoing 3-4 year periods of hope and unrest, a laundry list of fires.

Every **** thread Awsi comes in he brings the stadium non-sense. Just another excuse for poor coaching.

Miami was elite during the 80s-00s because of Schnelly, Jimmy, Dennis and Butch combined with great players that those coaches put into position to win. Has nothing to do with where the games were played.

Miami is bad because of poor coaching, it is that simple. Playing in the Orange Bowl would not make Golden a better coach, just like it did not help Coker or Shannon. Just like it did not help anyone before Schnelly i.e. Lou Saban, Pete Elliott, Fran Curci, etc...

The great Miami coaches and players made the Orange Bowl, not the other way around.

In my opinion calls for the firing of Al Golden are currently much louder than they were at the same point in the season when Coker and Shannon were in charge.

I don't care about the banner but I have to laugh at the timing. I'm going to the game but have no reason to leave my house by 10:40 even though I'm more than 20 miles away. Let's face it, that banner is designed for the media to take a picture of it, not for fans to look at it. He should have saved his money and done a mock up, like one of those phony little UFO models. A little bit of computer technology and we can pretend it actually was full scale and flew.

So our stadium is the problem..... yet all three of our losses this year have been ON THE ROAD. Hmm.

people argue that this is golden's fourth year and that we should be better. i agree we should be better, but i look at this as this is his second year, given that his first two years were negated by the shapiro scandal. i give him 2 more years. however, there has to be a material upgrade at the DC and position coach level, and i think this will happen AFTER the season is over.

golden is a smart person and he knows he's in a pickle. he's not going to go down with the ship to save the DC. and he is not going to out his DC right now and say the scheme sucks and needs to be changed. what kind of message would this send to the players that have to buy into and execute the scheme? the most likely scenario that i see is that the DC will resign rather than be fired. a new DC will come in and perhaps upgrade position coaches. the OC has issues to, but there may be some more patience there given his shorter tenure and his ability to recruit.

i like golden as a head coach as long as he shows he is flexible enough to make the changes he needs. this year will tell us whether he is or he is not.

Advertisement
people argue that this is golden's fourth year and that we should be better. i agree we should be better, but i look at this as this is his second year, given that his first two years were negated by the shapiro scandal. i give him 2 more years. however, there has to be a material upgrade at the DC and position coach level, and i think this will happen AFTER the season is over.

golden is a smart person and he knows he's in a pickle. he's not going to go down with the ship to save the DC. and he is not going to out his DC right now and say the scheme sucks and needs to be changed. what kind of message would this send to the players that have to buy into and execute the scheme? the most likely scenario that i see is that the DC will resign rather than be fired. a new DC will come in and perhaps upgrade position coaches. the OC has issues to, but there may be some more patience there given his shorter tenure and his ability to recruit.

i like golden as a head coach as long as he shows he is flexible enough to make the changes he needs. this year will tell us whether he is or he is not.
You look at this as his second year because you are a loser with no expectations for this program.

Smart people don't wait 4 years to change something that hasn't worked for all 4 years. You are a mouth breather of the highest order.

tumblr_inline_mzo8viZoc81sqlubn.gif

The Seven Pillars of Goldie

1. Goldie is football stupid, not smart.

2. Goldie selfishly manipulated the Shapiro "cloud" stuff into a FAT contract extension.

3. Goldie's current message is that "mediocrity works". Look all it's done for him. He is football stupid.

4. It's evident that his "scheme" is non-competitive against any team with a pulse. He is football stupid.

5. Goldie has shown no flexibility in his coaching staff, and on the field. He is football stupid.

6. Goldie is football stupid.

7. Repeat 1 through 7, until you trend to get it.

You look at this as his second year because you are a loser with no expectations for this program.

Smart people don't wait 4 years to change something that hasn't worked for all 4 years. You are a mouth breather of the highest order.

you like meaningful dialogue or do you simply like to attack people?

Advertisement

you like meaningful dialogue or do you simply like to attack people?
I love to have meaningful dialogue with people who are intelligent. I do like to attack troglodytes, however. I hope that answers your question.

I'm amazed that there are fans like rsa, who still support Golden. Do you even watch the games?

I'm amazed that there are fans like rsa, who still support Golden. Do you even watch the games?

Oh I'm sure they so. They just lack the mental capacity to understand what is going on.

I'm still trying to figure out his last post; what has Golden ever done to show that he is a "smart person"

D'Onofrio should have been fired last year. There was plenty of evidence to support that. Bringing D'Onofrio back this year just sheds more light on how stubborn Golden is. He is a control freak and has been from the day he arrived here. And the fact of the matter is, this awful defense that he runs out there every week is his scheme. D'Onofrio is just the puppet that implements it.

Bringing in a new DC would just lead to more excuses from Al. All next year, we would hear about how the palyers are just struggling to adapt to the new scheme and that its a process. On top of that, what quality DC would want to be put in that situation? You have one season to perform a complete 180 on the defense, or you are following Al right out the door at the end of the season.

That being said, the only way to resolve this situation is to fire Al.

Advertisement

On some level it would be entirely reasonable to look at this as the second year because of all that actually did happen....

BUT

what the **** does any of those issues have to do with pure coaching incompetence, clock management, adherence to a failing defensive scheme, losing to teams who in no way despite the cloud had any recruiting classes with miles of even miami's worst. .

thats the reason he has to go. The evidence of lack of coaching ability is mind boggling. ****, the record since the cloud lifted is worse than before it did percentage wise.

Move this thread to classics so when the site gets shut down over the banner, it can move over to the new place.

There's a guy over on westendzone.com that's pretty adamant in saying that both CIS and WEZ will be shut down over this.

Advertisement
Move this thread to classics so when the site gets shut down over the banner, it can move over to the new place.

There's a guy over on westendzone.com that's pretty adamant in saying that both CIS and WEZ will be shut down over this.

Al Golden banning former players and message boards...

Anything you like...Al is on a mission to ruin.

Folks like you are symptomatic of the ****-poor culture we have today. What in Hades do you base a two-year forbearance on? You work for the DOT?

I came from Special Ops, specifically SF - and while we never stopped training and improving - in eighteen months, I went from surfing and hanging around the beach to being well trained in four separate Military Occupational Specialties. We conducted combat operations - where there's no second place, no time-outs, and no do-overs.

Each day was pass/fail, and to fail meant you got kilt. The enemy didn't give us a pass because we may have only been in the combat arena for a short period of time! We had to perform! Our crew had a record that varied from 100:1 to 150:1.

I don't want to hear any siht about what can and can't be done. I KNOW what can and can't be done.

Two years! What a dip****.

For the past decade it seems like Miami has been in a continues state of under performing. Under Larry Coker we heard the phrase "country club" and under Randy Shannon we had bubble screens and bad playing calling on offense as well as strength issues.

What seems to be making Golden's issue different is you have former players calling out his defense on basic fundamentals. For instance our goal line defense against Georgia Tech and number of players we have put in the box against teams heavily favor the run. In my opinion calls for the firing of Al Golden are currently much louder than they were at the same point in the season when Coker and Shannon were in charge.

There are a small amount of users on this site that appear to be upset about the banner that is scheduled to fly. Their issue is it doesn't help the program as it will hurt recruiting efforts. I believe they are right in their assessment but unfortunately things like this have to happen for the school to know the fan base is serious about change.

I want to make it clear where CanesInSight stands on Golden and the banner. Simply put as a site we do not endorse flying banners that are negative in nature, which this banner is. That being said I will no longer delete threads of those wishing to do so. I believe CanesInSight can stay neutral in the matter and at the same time its users and staff can form their own opinion and express it on our site. Our message board has almost 2 million post so it is safe to say this site was created for discussion to take place.

Now that I have that out of the way I wanted to express my personal opinion on the matter. At this point unless Al Golden fires his DC, hires a better one and openly expresses to the fan base that Miami will run a different defense and he will leave it to the DC to determine than Al Golden should be fired. I appreciate Golden sticking with us during our troubles and his efforts on the recruiting front and bringing in some guys with connections to South Florida football, but based off performance and expectations Al Golden should be fired. Fly the **** plane this game and every other game if that is what it takes. I am tired of talking about how good we were 13 years ago.

The path to changing a football coach is never a smooth one. It typically starts with fans that want immediate results and over time former players join in and then the rest of the fan base. At this point all 3 have happened and what you see is all of those expressing openly. Based off how our past 2 seasons ended I am not sure you are going to see a team that gets any better as the season goes on. If the calls continue to get louder as it appears they are and if the performance doesn't improve which I see no reason why it would than I believe either Golden or D'Onofrio will be fired at seasons end.

All of the above is based off of my opinion.

Go Canes!

So will the personal attacks and inbox attacks be allowed still?

Every **** thread Awsi comes in he brings the stadium non-sense. Just another excuse for poor coaching.

Miami was elite during the 80s-00s because of Schnelly, Jimmy, Dennis and Butch combined with great players that those coaches put into position to win. Has nothing to do with where the games were played.

Miami is bad because of poor coaching, it is that simple. Playing in the Orange Bowl would not make Golden a better coach, just like it did not help Coker or Shannon. Just like it did not help anyone before Schnelly i.e. Lou Saban, Pete Elliott, Fran Curci, etc...

The great Miami coaches and players made the Orange Bowl, not the other way around.
you are dead wrong. you are downplaying the fact that we do not have a home field advantage. The OB was intimadating and full of history. No Life stadium was just recently voted one of the worst venues in sports

Advertisement
Back