Thoughts going into tonight

Advertisement
He was pretty **** good in it last year
I don't disagree... and look how our season turned out.... We had one of the worst running games in the nation.
You cool going into shoot outs? But that question is entirely subjective.
This isn't an argument in my opinion, just good discussion. Being a former RB myself, HC, OC, I prefer this offense because its much easier to control the game. Its always easy to speed up if need be, but if your offense RELIES on it for effectiveness, then if you want to control the clock etc. its very very hard as Lashlee showed since you can't run worth a dam

"Modern offense" there are plenty of your so called "modern" elements in this offense. You've seen 4 wide, 3WR and a TE just one receiver is on the line TE. What personnel do you want them to run out of? We have better TEs then WR... we have a good RB and so far a good OL, personnel has nothing to do with play calls... RPOS are just play action, but leaving it up to the OC to make the call and actually making it easier on the QB FYI.
If we go spread, what's the threat of TVD doing, run? He also gets hit more often... perfect for the best ball player on your team...The best offense are the ones that are balanced.I agree with everything g you’re
"Modern offense" there are plenty of your so called "modern" elements in this offense. You've seen 4 wide, 3WR and a TE just one receiver is on the line TE. What personnel do you want them to run out of? We have better TEs then WR... we have a good RB and so far a good OL, personnel has nothing to do with play calls... RPOS are just play action, but leaving it up to the OC to make the call and actually making it easier on the QB FYI.
If we go spread, what's the threat of TVD doing, run? He also gets hit more often... perfect for the best ball player on your team...The best offense are the ones that are balanced.
I agree with everything you’re saying. But to your point even more so, I’d say our Ol has looked average at best thus far, at least in the passing game. Last game SoMiss had some open runs right at TVD, which is why they’ve been leaning on the run a bit until the protection gets up to par.

I agree with everything you’re saying. But to your point even more so, I’d say our Ol has looked average at best thus far, at least in the passing game. Last game SoMiss had some open runs right at TVD, which is why they’ve been leaning on the run a bit until the protection gets up to par.
Best part about what you're saying though is free runs at the QB is more just miscommunication from pass offs etc. not a technique thing, which again, just an opinion can be taught pretty easily with repping etc. That gets cleaned up pretty easy. Maybe I'm being too optimistic about that type of thing cause I want it to succeed cause I like it, I just really like the foundation that being built, I really do think to be successful run the ball ball and just literally impose your will on the opposing to make them want to quit, and the best way to do that is to run at will at your, peel the opponents back off the field and dare the other coach to do something about it.

Advertisement
Why does he have to speed up the tempo? Get your packages and sub-packages in. Everybody wants up tempo which is fine until you start have a couple of 3 and outs in a row.
Tempo also hurts your Defense. If the offense can’t move the chains then you’re killing your defense because they can’t stay off the field. But nobody thinks about that.

Not saying tempo isn’t effective in certain moments but the whole game isn’t necessary.

We were a much better pass blocking team than run blocking last year. those same players didnt all of A sudden become much better at run blocking and worse at pass blocking…but yes, overall I’d say our very experienced ol is still about average

Advertisement
What brand do you like?
I go for Guinness Extra Stout..
I’ll drink anything really except Miller Lite. My go to is Ultas. Modelo and Stella are options 2 and 3. I do enjoy a Pale Ale so often.

Look, do I think we can win tomorrow? Yes. Do I think we will? No.

Tex A&M is under year 5 of jimbo, they have recruited at a top 5 level. Yes I get they lost to app state. A game they overlooked (it’s what jimbo does) but they’re still more talented than us at almost every position and Jimbo wins big games (bama last year most recent).

TVD and jimbos expired offense gives us a chance, but in reality, we aren’t ready to win this game. They’re going to dare us to beat them 1 on 1 and we have no one proven to do that.

Idk what everyone’s expectations were for year 1 but mine were 8-4, maybe 9-3 10-2 with good injury luck.

We have young unproven receivers, (restrepo now out) an average oline, a solid Dline, poor linebackers, ok corners and unproven yet high potential safeties. We have new systems on both sides of the ball.

Remember mario just got here and is trying to instill his culture. It’s year 1. To expect us to win this game is a little crazy. We need to expect this team to improve everyday. Let Mario get his guys in and see the results. What I want to see is us be competitive tomorrow night, which we haven’t done in a big time road game in a long long time. Can we win? Yes. We have the best player on the field (TVD) but they’re better just about everywhere else. Hope I’m wrong and we pull it out. GO CANES!!!
No disrespect. But GFY
I’ll drink anything really except Miller Lite. My go to is Ultas. Modelo and Stella are options 2 and 3. I do enjoy a Pale Ale so often.
Bud Light

Advertisement
drunk the rock GIF by ALL SEEING EYES

OH **** YEAH!!!! LOL.

Advertisement
OK, friggin Troy just beat App State at home. Make a f king statement tonight Mario.

lol were running out of 12 personnel most times. you can run the ball in a modern offense out of spread formations. I hope we see more RPO and by more I mean overload. TVD Is far better than anyone on the roster and he needs to be put in positions where he can excel. we also haven't seen if we can actually run the ball on a better DLs. this is the first test of that. we have seen that we struggled passing the ball against inferior defenses though. hoping that gets fixed tonight
"We have seen that we struggled passing the ball against inferior defenses though. "

When, exactly, have you seen that? Game one, no passing struggles, but really just a scrimmage. Game two, sure, we struggled in the 1st half, focused on running in the 2nd. So at MOST you have a one game or less sample size against ONE "inferior defense" despite you making it sound like its been a clear issue against defenses.

I am from the show me state, I wanna see it now, the last time Miami went into a hostile environment and shut everybody up that I can remember against all ods was vs. VT in 2005. I‘d love to see it! Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back