Thoughts going into tonight

canes41590

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Look, do I think we can win tomorrow? Yes. Do I think we will? No.

Tex A&M is under year 5 of jimbo, they have recruited at a top 5 level. Yes I get they lost to app state. A game they overlooked (it’s what jimbo does) but they’re still more talented than us at almost every position and Jimbo wins big games (bama last year most recent).

TVD and jimbos expired offense gives us a chance, but in reality, we aren’t ready to win this game. They’re going to dare us to beat them 1 on 1 and we have no one proven to do that.

Idk what everyone’s expectations were for year 1 but mine were 8-4, maybe 9-3 10-2 with good injury luck.

We have young unproven receivers, (restrepo now out) an average oline, a solid Dline, poor linebackers, ok corners and unproven yet high potential safeties. We have new systems on both sides of the ball.

Remember mario just got here and is trying to instill his culture. It’s year 1. To expect us to win this game is a little crazy. We need to expect this team to improve everyday. Let Mario get his guys in and see the results. What I want to see is us be competitive tomorrow night, which we haven’t done in a big time road game in a long long time. Can we win? Yes. We have the best player on the field (TVD) but they’re better just about everywhere else. Hope I’m wrong and we pull it out. GO CANES!!!

Advertisement
carolin kebekus fist GIF by 1LIVE

Advertisement
OP is right on. Just complete. If we win that’s icing on the cake. Not only do the Aggies have higher ranked players, they are wounded and playing at home at 9pm before 102k drunken fans and these make them dangerous.

Advertisement
Look, do I think we can win tomorrow? Yes. Do I think we will? No.

Tex A&M is under year 5 of jimbo, they have recruited at a top 5 level. Yes I get they lost to app state. A game they overlooked (it’s what jimbo does) but they’re still more talented than us at almost every position and Jimbo wins big games (bama last year most recent).

TVD and jimbos expired offense gives us a chance, but in reality, we aren’t ready to win this game. They’re going to dare us to beat them 1 on 1 and we have no one proven to do that.

Idk what everyone’s expectations were for year 1 but mine were 8-4, maybe 9-3 10-2 with good injury luck.

We have young unproven receivers, (restrepo now out) an average oline, a solid Dline, poor linebackers, ok corners and unproven yet high potential safeties. We have new systems on both sides of the ball.

Remember mario just got here and is trying to instill his culture. It’s year 1. To expect us to win this game is a little crazy. We need to expect this team to improve everyday. Let Mario get his guys in and see the results. What I want to see is us be competitive tomorrow night, which we haven’t done in a big time road game in a long long time. Can we win? Yes. We have the best player on the field (TVD) but they’re better just about everywhere else. Hope I’m wrong and we pull it out. GO CANES!!!

We can’t lose to a school like this

Advertisement
What makes you think you have seen much of our offense?

Not sure which one of u might be correct. But we have 8 ‘practice’ quarters to see it. Hopefully the best is yet to come. (WR & TE usage and some moving pockets, etc)

Not sure which one of u might be correct. But we have 8 ‘practice’ quarters to see it. Hopefully the best is yet to come. (WR & TE usage and some moving pockets, etc)
Just another CIS narrative:
Dorsey can’t be our OC.
Mario can’t hire black coaches.
Mario wants to turn us into a big ten team.
Our offense is a modern day I formation.

Mario and this staff have had to work on a lot of fundamental issues. The 2 first games did that. Only a fool would think we are showing our hand before A&M.

If it wasn’t for certain posters and my addiction to Canes talk, I wouldn’t be here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back