Thoughts going into tonight

This is a waaayy premature take. We literally haven’t seen anything yet, and contrary to popular belief, Gattis ran a **** good offense at Michigan and was a big part of the offense at Bama when they had Jeudy, Ruggs and Smith.

I’m a bit skeptical too, don’t get me wrong, but can we at least give the man a chance? My main concern so far is tempo. Don’t need anything crazy but he’s got to speed it up a bit starting tonight IMO.
he wasn't the play caller at Bama though!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Thoughts? I think its time for Mario and the staff to earn their got dam salary.
Im Ready Lets Go GIF by Travis

This is a waaayy premature take. We literally haven’t seen anything yet, and contrary to popular belief, Gattis ran a **** good offense at Michigan and was a big part of the offense at Bama when they had Jeudy, Ruggs and Smith.

I’m a bit skeptical too, don’t get me wrong, but can we at least give the man a chance? My main concern so far is tempo. Don’t need anything crazy but he’s got to speed it up a bit starting tonight IMO.
Why does he have to speed up the tempo? Get your packages and sub-packages in. Everybody wants up tempo which is fine until you start have a couple of 3 and outs in a row.

My thoughts are we win by atleast 10 with Gattis “opening up” playbook yet still have some fans complain because he doesn’t go full Mike Leach
Of which nobody ever talks about the pressure Leach's offense puts on his defenses which are almost never good. Getting into a track meet is not always the best option.

Advertisement
Why does he have to speed up the tempo? Get your packages and sub-packages in. Everybody wants up tempo which is fine until you start have a couple of 3 and outs in a row.

I’m not saying they need to go lightning fast and run 110 plays per game. There can be a middle ground, because last weekend they were slow as molasses.

They went more up-tempo at the end of the half and drove down the field with ease. TVD plays far better when it’s sped up a bit and gets into a rhythm, that’s fairly evident from last season and the couple times we’ve seen it these first two games.

I’m not saying they need to go lightning fast and run 110 plays per game. There can be a middle ground, because last weekend they were slow as molasses.

They went more up-tempo at the end of the half and drove down the field with ease. TVD plays far better when it’s sped up a bit and gets into a rhythm, that’s fairly evident from last season and the couple times we’ve seen it these first two games.
And yet we ran 80 plays. TVD got off to pretty ****** starts against UVA, UNC and FSU. He obviously gets a pass against UVA and UNC because UVA was his first start and UNC was his first road game. He was awful in the first half against FSU.

I agree Gattis has to get TVD going early but that does not mean he needs TVD to go vertical outside the hashes to do so.

Advertisement
Advertisement
lol were running out of 12 personnel most times. you can run the ball in a modern offense out of spread formations. I hope we see more RPO and by more I mean overload. TVD Is far better than anyone on the roster and he needs to be put in positions where he can excel. we also haven't seen if we can actually run the ball on a better DLs. this is the first test of that. we have seen that we struggled passing the ball against inferior defenses though. hoping that gets fixed tonight
"Modern offense" there are plenty of your so called "modern" elements in this offense. You've seen 4 wide, 3WR and a TE just one receiver is on the line TE. What personnel do you want them to run out of? We have better TEs then WR... we have a good RB and so far a good OL, personnel has nothing to do with play calls... RPOS are just play action, but leaving it up to the OC to make the call and actually making it easier on the QB FYI.
If we go spread, what's the threat of TVD doing, run? He also gets hit more often... perfect for the best ball player on your team...The best offense are the ones that are balanced.

Canes have a chance, but I still don't like the fact that aTm lost last week and comes into this thing with more focus than they would've if they were 2-0 and #6 right now. Hoped Miami could've caught them napping a bit, but they're on high-alert right now.

The only thing we don't know; was last week a misstep for aTm that they can correct—or were they exposed as frauds? We'll have that answer by about 1:00am ET tonight.

This is the type of game Miami has lost in recent years; tough road game against a ranked foe. Something eventually has to give. Just don't know if it's going to shake down this week.

I just want the Canes to show up and hit the ground running under Mario here in game three. The slow start last week, all the slow starts under Diaz—I want these kids to be shot out of a cannon and attacking the opportunity tonight.

Can't control every break or non-break in a game like this, but they can show up, get after it, limit mistakes (and big plays) and play good football. That is Miami's control and I want to see them execute, as a slow start will be a disaster at a packed Kyle Field.

Last W vs a non-con P5 opponent: 2017 ND
Last W vs a non-con P5 opponent away from Miami: 2016 WVU
Last W vs a road non-con P5 opponent: 2010 Pitt when they were still in the Big East
Last road W vs a ranked non-con P5 opponent: 2003 vs FSU when we were in the Big East
Last W vs a ranked non-con P5 opponent that isn’t now in the ACC: 2002 at UF

Pardon me if I lack the confidence some of y’all have

Sheesh

"Modern offense" there are plenty of your so called "modern" elements in this offense. You've seen 4 wide, 3WR and a TE just one receiver is on the line TE. What personnel do you want them to run out of? We have better TEs then WR... we have a good RB and so far a good OL, personnel has nothing to do with play calls... RPOS are just play action, but leaving it up to the OC to make the call and actually making it easier on the QB FYI.
If we go spread, what's the threat of TVD doing, run? He also gets hit more often... perfect for the best ball player on your team...The best offense are the ones that are balanced.
He was pretty **** good in it last year

Advertisement
Back