Those VT thugs, man.....

C4233471-AE4A-471C-A5EE-D9AA5DDFC56B.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Whoops. I guess murdering somoene could get you kicked off the team. If this happened at a school like Alabama, I assume it would get swept under the rug. NOT GUILTY.
I have Urban Meyer on the phone, he would like to discuss his time at UFelon, in particularly his experience with Aaron Hernandez........

Blacksburg police announced Thursday that investigators are looking into reports that customers were drugged at a town restaurant.
In a news release, police said there were “multiple complaints and social media reports” about people being affected by something put in their drinks at Centro Taco Bar, a restaurant on North Main Street. No evidence has been found to substantiate the drugging, but there is an ongoing investigation involving town police, the Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Authority and the state Department of Forensic Science, the news release said.
The supposed drugging involved drinks being tainted with a substance that caused “cognitive impairment,” the news release said.

Centro Taco Bar is cooperating with the investigation, the news release said.

On Thursday afternoon, a man who identified himself as Edgar, but who declined to give his last name, said he that was the co-owner of Centro Taco Bar, and that the restaurant didn’t have a lot of information about the investigation.

“We have no comment, we are working with them,” he said. “They are doing their job and their investigation. We don’t have anything to say.”
He declined to comment when asked if he knew when the investigation was opened or if the police had identified a suspect.

Support Local Journalism

Your subscription makes our reporting possible.
SUBSCRIBE NOW $1*/mo. for 3 months!

A Virginia records search shows that Edgar Arellano owns the business, along with Saulo Gonzales and Julio Cesar Arellano.

Centro Taco Bar was the employer of Jerry Paul Smith, a 40-year-old man who was killed this week in Blacksburg. Virginia Tech linebacker Ismemen David Etute, 18, was charged with second-degree murder in the case.
Blacksburg police Chief Anthony Wilson and police information officer Josh Teubert did not respond to multiple messages Thursday seeking more information about the cases.
A search warrant filed last month in connection with the Centro Taco Bar investigation said that a woman reported on May 11 that she “believes she was drugged by an unknown employee” there.

According to the warrant, the woman said she had food and drinks, then became disoriented “and started to violently vomit” while still in the restaurant.

The search warrant said a similar, previous incident at the restaurant also was being investigated.
Police asked that anyone with information about the drugging contact the department.
— Mike Gangloff and Mike Niziolek

Advertisement
Oh, friend, I do not have a Facebook account...
And who the fvck is Emily Toler?!

He's referring to the social media posts made by Emily Toler, of which there are screenshots above.

Also, I posted a media report from the local newspaper in Virginia which verifies that the individual who was killed, and the restaurant where he once worked, are potentially connected to the drugging of numerous restaurant patrons.

That does not mean that the killing is "justified", nor does it mean that any killing is justified, it is merely an indication that the sequence of events are very strange, are under police investigation, and are not merely "rumors" and random anonymous internet allegations.

Also, I posted a media report from the local newspaper in Virginia which verifies that the individual who was killed, and the restaurant where he once worked, are potentially connected to the drugging of numerous restaurant patrons.

No evidence has been found to substantiate the drugging, but there is an ongoing investigation involving town police, the Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Authority and the state Department of Forensic Science, the news release said.

:unsure:

It is all very strange. But truthfully, I do not give a fvck about any of this. I will watch the Netflix adaptation and/or documentary potentially dropping in early 2023.

:unsure:

It is all very strange. But truthfully, I do not give a fvck about any of this. I will watch the Netflix adaptation and/or documentary potentially dropping in early 2023.

I agree, it is in the early phases of an investigation.

But, as I pointed out, a verified police investigation is a bit more substantial than a random posting on social media.

I don't think we'll have to wait years for the Netflix doc, I think there will be some info that will come out soon.

Advertisement
Blacksburg police announced Thursday that investigators are looking into reports that customers were drugged at a town restaurant.
In a news release, police said there were “multiple complaints and social media reports” about people being affected by something put in their drinks at Centro Taco Bar, a restaurant on North Main Street. No evidence has been found to substantiate the drugging, but there is an ongoing investigation involving town police, the Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Authority and the state Department of Forensic Science, the news release said.
The supposed drugging involved drinks being tainted with a substance that caused “cognitive impairment,” the news release said.

Centro Taco Bar is cooperating with the investigation, the news release said.

On Thursday afternoon, a man who identified himself as Edgar, but who declined to give his last name, said he that was the co-owner of Centro Taco Bar, and that the restaurant didn’t have a lot of information about the investigation.

“We have no comment, we are working with them,” he said. “They are doing their job and their investigation. We don’t have anything to say.”
He declined to comment when asked if he knew when the investigation was opened or if the police had identified a suspect.

Support Local Journalism

Your subscription makes our reporting possible.
SUBSCRIBE NOW $1*/mo. for 3 months!

A Virginia records search shows that Edgar Arellano owns the business, along with Saulo Gonzales and Julio Cesar Arellano.

Centro Taco Bar was the employer of Jerry Paul Smith, a 40-year-old man who was killed this week in Blacksburg. Virginia Tech linebacker Ismemen David Etute, 18, was charged with second-degree murder in the case.
Blacksburg police Chief Anthony Wilson and police information officer Josh Teubert did not respond to multiple messages Thursday seeking more information about the cases.
A search warrant filed last month in connection with the Centro Taco Bar investigation said that a woman reported on May 11 that she “believes she was drugged by an unknown employee” there.

According to the warrant, the woman said she had food and drinks, then became disoriented “and started to violently vomit” while still in the restaurant.

The search warrant said a similar, previous incident at the restaurant also was being investigated.
Police asked that anyone with information about the drugging contact the department.
— Mike Gangloff and Mike Niziolek
Cognitive impairment. Vomiting. Sounds about right for a college bar that sells alcohol and Mexican food.

Advertisement
He's referring to the social media posts made by Emily Toler, of which there are screenshots above.

That does not mean that the killing is "justified", nor does it mean that any killing is justified, it is merely an indication that the sequence of events are very strange, are under police investigation, and are not merely "rumors" and random anonymous internet allegations.
Emily seems weird to have all this "knowledge" anyone who says "I am going to do what i do best. speak my mind" as an intro just seems weird. So she was friends with this 18 year old, but also KNEW Jerry, knew friends he drugged (guess she didnt feel the need to do what she does best and to speak her mind on that when it happened), knew Jerry "owned" a bar, and had a lot of connects and offered first responders discounts etc.? Seems like she is speaking on stuff she has no direct knowledge of.

"I was drugged at that Mexican joint!"

Bud Foster's excuse for 30 years when Beamer would catch him blowing chunks in the football offices parking lot at 6am.

I would think the defense would plead temporary insanity. To be quite honest, this seems like a case that could easily end up in a hung jury. I don't think it will as cut and dry as many might think.

Advertisement
Back