Those VT thugs, man.....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
This story is way weirder than this thread has caught on to yet.

Et tu Etute?

Weirder? What can be weirder then a D1 football athlete being charged with murder, while still an active member of a P5 team? It really doesn’t get any weirder than this, unless space aliens are involved.

Advertisement
Sounds like the kid put buddy to sleep...permanently...sheesh. No weapons or anything, just the hands. Athletes better start realizing that their hands are very close to being classified as deadly weapons due to the college level strength training. Young man ended someone else's life and threw his away all in a single moment...wow smh

Whoops. I guess murdering somoene could get you kicked off the team. If this happened at a school like Alabama, I assume it would get swept under the rug. NOT GUILTY.

Advertisement
This story is way weirder than this thread has caught on to yet.

Et tu Etute?

Thanks for posting! What a crazy story. Feel bad for everyone involved. Total tragedy, especially for the 18 year old early enrollee. I think his life is practically over no matter how weird or sketchy the victim was. Etute is listed as 6'3" 205 lbs on 247 (and he's probably bigger now since it appears he's been at VT for 5-6 months, presumably working out, getting good nutrition, etc.). The victim is a skinny, lispy white guy who wears glasses and looks like he weighs no more than 150 lbs. That weight disparity is going to make a huge difference at trial, even if the victim's past was sketchy (and good luck getting that admitted into evidence). Etute has his youth, family and otherwise-seemingly impeccable reputation going for him. It also doesn't sound intentional (the beating sounds intentional but not the homicide). All in all, I think the kid gets AT LEAST 10 years of prison time, maybe 20, given the little information we know (if it's even true).

Thanks for posting! What a crazy story. Feel bad for everyone involved. Total tragedy, especially for the 18 year old early enrollee. I think his life is practically over no matter how weird or sketchy the victim was. Etute is listed as 6'3" 205 lbs on 247 (and he's probably bigger now since it appears he's been at VT for 5-6 months, presumably working out, getting good nutrition, etc.). The victim is a skinny, lispy white guy who wears glasses and looks like he weighs no more than 150 lbs. That weight disparity is going to make a huge difference at trial, even if the victim's past was sketchy (and good luck getting that admitted into evidence). Etute has his youth, family and otherwise-seemingly impeccable reputation going for him. It also doesn't sound intentional (the beating sounds intentional but not the homicide). All in all, I think the kid gets AT LEAST 10 years of prison time, maybe 20, given the little information we know (if it's even true).
So there's a slim chance he pulls off a rarely used defense that Virginia is getting rid of in a month. Will be interesting to follow.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/05/us/virginia-bans-***-trans-panic-defense-trnd/index.html

So there's a slim chance he pulls off a rarely used defense that Virginia is getting rid of in a month. Will be interesting to follow.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/05/us/virginia-bans-***-trans-panic-defense-trnd/index.html
If it is true that he drove to the victim's house with the intention of beating the guy down, then it's not manslaughter, and since it's not manslaughter, then I don't think he will be able to use this defense. That's why they classified this as 2nd degree murder, because it doesn't sound like it happened suddenly/in the heat of passion, which would be manslaughter. They're going to say he had time to reconsider and calm down, but he still chose to go and give the guy the beatdown. That's felony murder--unintentional homicide during the commission of another malicious felony--which in VA is classified as 2nd degree murder and punishable between 5 and 40 years in prison.

Something tells me he confessed, or his boys snitched on him, or he texted his intentions to the victim or someone else. They wrapped this case up in like less than 12 hours and that normally doesn't happen unless someone is talking or they have some other smoking gun type of evidence, like a video, which so far doesn't appear to be the case here.

Advertisement
Back